Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Betty White Musical Moments

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 03-17-2015, 11:33 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Betty White Musical Moments

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...usical-moments

Old Joysey, I'm posting this especially for you since you didn't know who I was talking about in the SNL thread.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:08 AM
Posting Always

Thanks! I've never been a big TV watcher, actually I don't own a TV set!

Now that I've watched this:
https://youtu.be/dEh_asEffoQ
I think that Betty White should do a duet with Richie! They might not be as successful and glamorous as Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett but...
Old 03-18-2015, 12:27 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

If I live to be 93, I hope I'm as sharp as she is. She's still doing live TV and not just SNL. Her current sitcom Hot in Cleveland has had a few live episodes too.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:51 AM
Posting Always

I have mixed feelings about very old entertainers... I hope she does it because she likes it, not because she needs to work to make a living. Her job is not as tiring as working in a factory but still, when you're 93... Look at Leonard Cohen (80) who had to tour again because he was ruined by his last divorce, he'd rather stay at home but he needs the money! Imagine Jon at 93 yo singing "WO-OH! living on a prayer!" (yes, I remember he said he would retire before he's too old to rock'n'roll but he also said that he wouldn't stop until the Stones do but Mick seems to want to perform until he turns 100!!!)
Old 03-18-2015, 02:56 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
I have mixed feelings about very old entertainers... I hope she does it because she likes it, not because she needs to work to make a living. Her job is not as tiring as working in a factory but still, when you're 93... Look at Leonard Cohen (80) who had to tour again because he was ruined by his last divorce, he'd rather stay at home but he needs the money! Imagine Jon at 93 yo singing "WO-OH! living on a prayer!" (yes, I remember he said he would retire before he's too old to rock'n'roll but he also said that he wouldn't stop until the Stones do but Mick seems to want to perform until he turns 100!!!)
Leonard Cohen had to tour when he was 75 - but then something happened. He either found or discovered a whole new audience out there unexpectedly. He then toured again at 78 and now he has a new album out and I expect another tour. His ticket sales were actually growing because (in my opinion) his shows were spectacular (though somewhat low key). I have been a Leonard Cohen fan since 1966 and I hope he makes it to 93 also

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:17 AM
Posting Always

Fans are so selfish! Of course we want to be entertained by our favorite entertainers until WE die but THEY would rather retire before 70! Cohen -who is now 80- said in the past that he didn't think he would ever have to go on the road again at his age. Studio recording is OK but touring is exhausting. Now most of them need that shot of adrenaline they get on stage that's why they can't stop for long, even when they can afford it!
Old 03-18-2015, 07:40 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
Fans are so selfish! Of course we want to be entertained by our favorite entertainers until WE die but THEY would rather retire before 70! Cohen -who is now 80- said in the past that he didn't think he would ever have to go on the road again at his age. Studio recording is OK but touring is exhausting. Now most of them need that shot of adrenaline they get on stage that's why they can't stop for long, even when they can afford it!
Yeah - I am one of those selfish fans. He has been a part of my life since I was 18 (forever ago) and I hate to see him quit.

When I saw him 2010 for the first time in ages (since the 80s I think) I was almost afraid to go and get disappointed. I came out of that concert (at MSG in NYC) absolutely blown away and thinking that it was the best concert I had ever seen. I am so glad that he HAD to tour again - selfish me

You write your truth and I'll write mine.