Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Richie jamming with Buddy Guy 4/10/15

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-22-2015, 02:29 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambos apprentice View Post
yes and when Dolly's team broke the news the Sambora/Sombrero was joining them onstage they all shook their head and laughed as "there's no way that asshole can keep up with us"

The guy was killer. now he's a slouch.
I bet your 4th rate Darkness tribute act wouldn't turn down a guest appearance by Richie.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictoc View Post
I bet your 4th rate Darkness tribute act wouldn't turn down a guest appearance by Richie.
Of course not,he has the best blow! We d clean him out. Hell, we could get fake tits and he'd splurge millions on us!

Sadly your ( and my former) idol is a washed up clichè.

And we 're no darkness tribute act. We can actually play.

Did I touch I nerve? Awww diddums 🚼🚼🚼🚼
Old 04-23-2015, 03:08 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambos apprentice View Post
We can actually play.
But who cares? And can you write hundreds of songs that matter to millions of people all over the world? errr... in 52 countries.
And how old are you BTW? Who says you won't be a washed up cliché and still a wannabe at 55?
Just sayin'!
Old 04-23-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
But who cares? And can you write hundreds of songs that matter to millions of people all over the world? errr... in 52 countries.
And how old are you BTW? Who says you won't be a washed up cliché and still a wannabe at 55?
Just sayin'!
The thought of ending up like Richie, Vince Neil st all....in spite of their success ....is possibly the most frightening thing.

And as for being a wannabe, well you gotta be a wannabe or you'll never be a somebody!

And yeah, I believe in writing songs and that magic transpires from that energy. Who knows....it's a case of watch this space- at least we're trying!

Last edited by sambos apprentice; 04-23-2015 at 11:43 AM..
Old 04-24-2015, 12:34 AM
Posting Always

Yep but keeping on being a wannabe at 55 is very pathetic, I know some people who keep on thinking they're still 20/25 and that their big break will happen tomorrow! It's a lot more frightening than ending up like Richie, Vince Neil & al.

At least Richie is still focused on making new music. His guitar skills are gone forever but he may go back to a higher level than nowadays in a near future if he keeps on practicing everyday, something that he had not done in ages. He probably became lazy (hence sloppy) because his work as the BJ lead guitarist was limited and repetitive. Now that he's hooked up with a guitarist that is more skilled than him he has to take on a new challenge, moreover he wants to impress her and playing the WDOA riff just won't do so he has to make more effort. I think that his upcoming album will be the living proof that he's still a good musician/singer/songwriter but if it sucks, well, it will be the living proof that he's definitely made a mess of himself. So be it!
Old 04-24-2015, 08:57 PM

We 're enjoying really positive reviews anyway right now and actually made a rock album full of guitars.....something our heroes Will never do again
Old 04-24-2015, 10:28 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
Now that he's hooked up with a guitarist that is more skilled than him he has to take on a new challenge, moreover he wants to impress her and playing the WDOA riff just won't do so he has to make more effort.
The problem with Richie is that nowadays he's just no longer able to play songs like Wanted or Prayer without messing up multiple times, and he certainly doesn't seem to want to admit that he's lost it either. I doubt that he reckons he's hooked up with a guitarist that's more skilled than him, and even so. Orianthi has about 3 tricks up her sleeve. If Richie would be a round someone that'd have control over him (as in a certain band he used to be in), he wouldn't **** up as much as he does now.

And as for The Toi...Even though I think The Toi just aren't that good (personal taste and all of that), I'd say that unlike Richie, their career is actualling going anywhere. They've been getting more press based upon their performances and album as opposed to Richie's career, which is pretty much non existant. Because, you know, unlike Richie, they're actually able to fill a bar.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 04-25-2015, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post

And as for The Toi...Even though I think The Toi just aren't that good (personal taste and all of that), I'd say that unlike Richie, their career is actualling going anywhere. They've been getting more press based upon their performances and album as opposed to Richie's career, which is pretty much non existant. Because, you know, unlike Richie, they're actually able to fill a bar.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Hope you can get to a show sometime ( as my guest) and change your mind. You'd be most welcome ...beers and some jovi debate!

Ori is like so many guitarists....able to play fast but devoid of ANY feeling. Richie had that in spades !
Old 04-25-2015, 10:48 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Better a Hasbeen then a Neverbeen ! All you people that keep putting shit on Richie , take a close look at your own sad lives ..... What have you done ? What are you doing now ? Where will you be in 20 years ? Go Richie ! Cant wait for some new tunes
Old 04-25-2015, 12:21 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Even in that video, as soon as Howard is actually asking Richie about his friendship with Page, Richie's face shows so much insecurity that it, once again, makes me wonder as to how much of this is true.

I reckon he's seen him a couple of times, but that's about it. If they'd have been going to gigs together there'd be loads of picture of it on the internet, yet there's just one of them hanging out at a Def Leppard show in 2008 when he happened to be in London anyway. I'm not buying it, and the sad thing is that pretty much anything Richie says nowadays is just complete bullshit.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
At least he was not drunk in the interview. He is much more acceptable and believable clean, not stuttering the words.