Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

What are your past 15 year highlights?

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Actually quite a lot in these 15 years!

Crush was released on the 15th June, and as a comeback album (no matter what people think of it these days) at the time it was pretty great for me and defined an era in my life - besides Just Older, One Wild Night, and yes Captain Crash, seriously, what's not to like?

Seeing them at Gatesehead arena on the Crush tour and taking along my friend for his very first gig - and christ, we were both completely stoned.

The entire One Wild Night tour but especially seeing them at Hampden Park for my birthday - I went to the gig myself, had an amazing time, then ended up in a club where they played nothing but Jovi all night. Then back to an after party at my friends.

Shephard's Bush promo show - decided I was going at midnight the night before the gig, had no ticket, booked flights anyway, flew down, couldn't get a ticket for love nor money but someone won one on a radio show that day - and gave it to me! Epic show too. And got together with my future wife

Seeing them five or six times on the Bounce tour - my first tour doing multiple shows, was front or second row at every gig, camped out at Hyde Park and still have that ending with Never Say Goodbye ringing in my ears.

Whole Lot of Leaving.

Lost Highway tour was pretty good.

Getting married in Sri Lanka with Make A Memory as our wedding song.

*THE CIRCLE* - it's still one of my favourite albums, particularly Loves The Only Rule, Brokenpromiseland and When We Were Beautiful.

The Circle tour, especially the 2 nights at the O2 and hearing Wild Is The Wind for the first time in Edinburgh (as well as only the 2nd time ever hearing it's Hard Letting You Go.)

That's What The Water Made Me, I'm With You, What's Left of Me and Army of One

Slane castle show!!!

Biggest disappointments?

Richie ****ing Sambora

Only playing a by the numbers gig at Ibrox on the Because We Can tour - c'mon, I know the reasons why, but it's the last time I saw them and it was okay but it doesn't leave me with the best memories ever.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Runaway

1.) It's my life - the song that made me to become a fan. It was the official song of a german TV station for the European Championships in Soccer. I hadn't heard anything of Bon Jovi before. I was 12 years old, heard a snippet of the song while watching a match and it blew me away.

2.) One wild night - one of the best songs the band has recorded. It's a shame that such a big rocker isn't played anymore.

3.) The concert in Hessisch Lichtenau 2006. My first concert in Gelsenkirchen 2003 wasn't good at all. My second show in Hessisch Lichtenau finally proved me that Bon Jovi is such a big live band.

4.) Stuttgart 2006. It was my third show. I stood in the second row and it was fantastic. The show was average althought they played "Never say goodbye" as a request but I was so close to the stage like never before. I found Richie's pick after the show on the floor but a women took it away.

5.) The Circle. My favourite post-2000-record. It has decent guitar work although the production could be better.

6.) Frankfurt 2008. Great show with a lot of surprises like Damned or These days.

7.) Gelsenkirchen 2008 with Richie on vocals during These days. A dream came true!

8.) The intro melody of the Greatest-Hits-Tour. It sounds a bit crazy but this intro really built up a strong tension till the the band came on a stage and it gave me the creeps like no other intro before and after.

9.) The day before the conert in Munich 2011. I stood in front of the band's hotel and was waiting for the band. It got boring and I talked to a guy with a friendly appearance who also waited there with his nieces. Was it destiny? We introduced ourselves and couldn't believe it: We had the same names, the same hobbys, the same subject of study, and more or less the same residence but we meet 500 kilometres away! It was the beginning of a close friendship. We call ourselves doublegangers or twins now Greetings to you, my brother!

10.) The show in Munich 2011. A long concert with a lot of surprises like Rock you like a hurricane as a cover.

11.) The concert in Mannheim 2011. I was in the front row. The band was on fire as the crowd, too!

12.) Richie's tour in 2012. The first time I saw Richie solo. It was a big wish because I became a fan in 2000 and since then Richie made no solo tours. The first two shows in Amsterdam were great. I visited them with my doubleganger, of course The tour also gave me the opportunity to meet and interview Richie. A dream came true!

13.) The club show in Stuttgart 2013. My doubleganger and me (who else?! ) were there. It's such a fantastic experience to see band so close when you had only seen them in big arenas before!

14.) Put the boy back in cowboy. Such a cool country-rock-track. I expected more songs of Lost highway in this style but we didn't get it unfortunately!

15.) I'm with you. The only song I still listen to from "What about now". The great groove and solo help to fade out the bad production.

Last edited by Juls Sambora; 07-07-2015 at 04:41 PM..