Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Altitude Sickness Forces Lemmy To Cancel Two U.S. Motorhead Gigs

Other Bands

Old 08-29-2015, 06:49 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Altitude Sickness Forces Lemmy To Cancel Two U.S. Motorhead Gigs

Quote:
Wenn.com: ...69-year-old (Lemmy of Motorhead) has been suffering from a variety of health issues in recent years, including heart surgery...complications from diabetes, and problems with his legs, which cause him to walk with a cane.

He fell ill again during a show in Salt Lake City, Utah on Thursday and the concert was canceled after only three or four songs as he could not continue.

The group blamed the altitude for his sickness...“The people are great, but the air is just too thin. The high altitude makes it difficult for breathing, and that’s what happened with Lemmy tonight in Salt Lake City. He feels very bad to have cut the show short, but being that high up, he had some trouble breathing well. Lemmy appreciates everyone’s concern. The fans always rally round!”

The (band) are still due to play in Denver, Colorado on Friday night.
Quote:
JamToThis.com: MOTÖRHEAD canceled its show in Denver, Colorado Friday night...a day after the band cut short a Utah gig when frontman Lemmy Kilmister fell ill...

"The Rocky Mountain High has affected Lemmy like the high altitude of Salt Lake City. It's been quite a while since Lemmy was this 'high' in the U.S., and thus having got a burst of altitude sickness (which made it hard for him to breathe and sing properly)," ...MOTÖRHEAD (said in) a statement last night... "(H)e has very reluctantly decided not perform in Denver. Lemmy is really sorry and wants to thank the fans for their support and trust. He looks forward to the next-up Texas shows…at low elevations."

"I've had some health scares," Lemmy told Kerrang! magazine..."I'm pretty happy with the way things have turned out. I like to think I've brought a lot of joy to a lot of people all over the world...Death is an inevitability... You become more aware of that when you get to my age. I don't worry about it...I want to go doing what I do best. If I died tomorrow, I couldn't complain. It's been good."
As a Jersey girl who has been on two ski trips in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, I can personally vouch for the altitude sickness. Unfortunately, cardiac/circulatory problems and even leg amputations are not uncommon with diabetics. He's reportedly been conscientious enough cut down to smoking a pack a week, and alcohol-wise, to switch from Jack Daniels to vodka. Taking care of yourself isn't always convenient or fun, Lemmy -- but it is the right thing to do for your fans!

P.S. If Las Vegas is also in his tour plans, he may have to look out for "Las Vegas Throat."

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 08-30-2015 at 01:49 AM..