Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Billboard's All Time Greatest Rankings

General BJ Discussion

Old 01-26-2016, 01:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Billboard's All Time Greatest Rankings

Bon Jovi Ranks in the Hot 100 Artists, Top 200 Albums, and Top 200 Artists.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/grea...ot-100-artists

http://www.billboard.com/charts/grea...ard-200-albums

http://www.billboard.com/charts/grea...rd-200-artists

Old 02-26-2016, 12:07 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

http://pagesix.com/2016/02/25/richie...oard-magazine/

Richie snubbed by Billboard. I think the part about suspecting Irving Azoff being responsible for it is stupid--as if he controls what they write and the author didn't have the album credits at his disposal.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:47 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
http://pagesix.com/2016/02/25/richie...oard-magazine/

Richie snubbed by Billboard. I think the part about suspecting Irving Azoff being responsible for it is stupid--as if he controls what they write and the author didn't have the album credits at his disposal.
I agree, Becky. It looks like the whole article is bogus.

Quote:
...Sambora entered the party, picked up a copy of the magazine, and read the story on Page 132 about “Livin’ on a Prayer,” the New Jersey group’s biggest hit, with 12 million in sales.

The story didn’t even mention Sambora, who co-wrote the song and performed it for decades, while crediting Jon Bon Jovi and “co-writer Desmond Child, who would go on to write hits for Ricky Martin and Katy Perry.”
I don't have access to a print copy of Billboard, but here's Billboard's online article about LOAP, dated the week of The Power 100 Gala and Richie's name is there.

Quote:
On Valentine's Day 29 years ago, the band solidified its standing among the titans of hair bands with its second Hot 100 leader.

"HARD-WORKING, HARD-TOURING pop/metal outfit has built a strong core audience and now has a breakthrough album … An exceptionally strong album that should take the band all the way."

That's how Billboard praised Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet in the Sept. 6, 1986, issue, ahead of the set's debut on the Billboard 200 the following week. The critique would soon prove accurate: the album became the New Jersey band's first of five Billboard 200 No. 1s, as well as its longest-leading (eight weeks) and top-seller (12 million copies in the United States, according to the Recording Industry Assn. of America). Previously, the group had reached No. 43 with its eponymous 1984 debut LP and No. 37 with 1985's 7800 Degrees Farenheit.

Slippery When Wet likewise established Bon Jovi as force on the Billboard Hot 100, as lead single "You Give Love a Bad Name" topped the Nov. 29, 1986 tally (besting the band's prior high of No. 39, set by its debut 1984 hit "Runaway"). Follow-up "Livin' on a Prayer" took the band to further heights, reigning for four frames beginning Feb. 14, 1987, marking the act's longest-ruling of four No. 1s to date. The smash's legacy remains strong nearly three decades later (symbolically realizing the aspirations of its lyrical principals, Tommy and Gina), having become Bon Jovi's signature song. It even re-entered the Hot 100 (at No. 25) for a week in 2013 thanks to its synch in a user-generated viral video.

Meanwhile, "Name" and "Prayer" co-writer Desmond Child, who penned both songs with the band's Jon Bon Jovi and (since departed member) Richie Sambora, has likewise enjoyed subsequent success, co-authoring, along with other Bon Jovi hits, Ricky Martin's "Livin' La Vida Loca" and Katy Perry's "Waking Up in Vegas."

In August 2015, Bon Jovi parted ways with Mercury Records after 32 years. Still, the group hopes to release a new album, perhaps independently, in 2016. "I have a lot of material to write about," Jon Bon Jovi told Billboard last year. "The new record is good. It's something we are going to be very proud of."

Quote:
“Richie was pissed,” said my source, who speculated that Bon Jovi’s new manager, Irving Azoff, may have had a hand in Sambora’s non-mention. Sambora is still repped by Doc McGhee, the original Bon Jovi manager.

Spokespeople for Sambora and Billboard didn’t get back to me.
Wonder who Mr. Johnson's "source" is supposed to be. Lund/Borg? Sounds like their style. I heard thru the grapevine that Nikki was trying to stir sh!t up again among the few WTB followers she has left. Maybe she and Borg didn't like the way their lawsuit turned out.

And Doc isn't still Richie's manager. He's again Richie's manager. A responsible journalist would have known that or would have been able to research it quickly enough. That is, if any of them bothered to check their facts anymore!
Old 02-26-2016, 11:11 AM
Price of posting

I do not think Richie said that. All false. Billboard seems to pay attention to Richie, like the recent video published with Orianthi in the red carpet at the Grammys.

Page Six is a web of unfounded rumors. Almost all problems of Nikki & Richie were published on this website, oh what a coincidence.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 02-26-2016 at 11:18 AM..
Old 02-26-2016, 01:03 PM
Price of posting

stopped reading when I saw Rihanna in at 13 and Adele with greatest album of all time.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 02-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Posting Always

Page Six is a tabloid, the only thing they ever get right is the spelling of the names they mention.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:49 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Billboard seems to pay attention to Richie, like the recent video published with Orianthi in the red carpet at the Grammys.
Correct. If Richie attended this red carpet event it's because he was invited by Billboard or by his ASCAP friends, you can't just show up and they let you in just because you're a celebrity!