Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Entertainment Weekly Radio Segment

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-14-2016, 03:40 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Entertainment Weekly Radio Segment

Yesterday EW's morning show had a short segment where they talked about their favorite Bon Jovi songs. Everyone who was working on the show that day either is from New Jersey or lives in NJ. I was pleasantly surprised at how positive and energetic they all were when talking about Bon Jovi. The EW magazine has never been kind to the band. Their picks were Runaway (which they did not realize the band did not play on), Wanted, I'll Be There For You, Blaze of Glory, and they allowed one caller and he picked Who Says You Can't Go Home which they talked about being the tourism song for NJ. They were very complimentary of Jon as a vocalist and Richie as a backing vocalist. They were also complimentary about Jon as an actor. They talked about the Bad Medicine video when they gave out cameras to the fans to film the video. They talked about the Wanted video being one of the all time great on the road videos, but sad that Poison's on the road video was better. They talked about the Blaze video being great but it made no sense that there was a drive in on the top of a mountain. They talked about a lot of video cliches, not just from Bon Jovi, but from the genre. Dalton asked Jessica if she approved of the Blaze solo record and she was like, "Hells Yeah!" He even called it "controversial." One guy said he had a some kind of cover band and they had covered Runaway. That's all I can remember.