Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Phil X article/interview

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Jovi Addict

Default Phil X article/interview

Apologize if it has already been posted (sorry I can't keep up with the board..)

Nothing groundbreaking really, just a few "behind the scenes" facts about how he was called to replace Richie in the spring of 2011.

Rather than formal vocal training, Xenedis concentrated on his unique Vox strengths. Chalk up that now-signature Phil X scream to a natural rock and roll osmosis, which came in very handy on You Tube.

Bon Jovi producer John Shanks (Melissa Etheridge, Fleetwood Mac, Take That) watched a few of Xenidis' music videos. He was in search of a substitute player for Bon Jovi lead guitarist Richie Sambora.

"Shanks called JBJ, recommending me as "the guy" who could "play and sing anything." It was all managers and lawyers for some time while I "speed learned" a two-and-a-half-hour show. Then on April 14, 2011, Jon Bon Jovi called. I've joked with fans about it being like answering the Bat-phone," he notes.

He also confirms he plays on 4 songs on the new album.

"At this point I've done over 100 shows and I still get goose bumps when I kick in with the talk box for "Prayer." It's surreal," he notes, adding he played on four songs for upcoming Bon Jovi release ("This House is Not for Sale") and will likely tour again.

http://www.therecord.com/whatson-sto...-in-kitchener/