Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Slippery On The Road - Live 30th anniversairy edition

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-18-2016, 10:01 PM
Posting everyday

Default Slippery On The Road - Live 30th anniversairy edition

I didn't want to derail rokuli's thread from his original purpose which is to post some of those great old scans (especially since he intends to post more at the end of the month). And this album deserves two threads anyway.

This is a project that I had already started years ago, but never got around to finish it. A few weeks ago Damned TV asked about what we could do to honour the anniversary of this album and we resurrected this project. Not only did we finish it, but we got fueled by each other's ideas and in the end remastered all the footage and it ended up better and bigger than I would've expected. Special thanks also go to DonWaldone for editing the epic live montage for Social Disease:

On this very day 30 years ago a band from New Jersey released their third album: Slippery When Wet!
Not only did it become one of the best selling hard rock albums of all time, it also launched the band into superstardom and brought rock music back into mainstream radio.

Setlist:
01. Pink Flamingos [0:00]
02. Let It Rock [1:55]
03. You Give Love a Bad Name [10:10]
04. Raise Your Hands [14:00]
05. Wild in the Streets [18:35]
06. Never Say Goodbye [23:39]
07. I'd Die for You [29:10]
08. Social Disease [33:51]
09. Wanted Dead or Alive [37:45]
10. Livin' on a Prayer [43:20]

Acoustic Encore:
11. Livin' on a Prayer (acoustic) [48:21]
12. Wanted Dead or Alive (acoustic) [51:33]
13. I'd Die for You (acoustic) [56:07]
14. Never Say Goodbye (acoustic) [1:01:35]

Enjoy!!!

I think we could use this thread to think back when SWW hit our lives and what impact it did have. I'm gonna start: Back when I was around 10/11 I loved this movie called "Spaceballs" and there's this scene where Barf eats in the spaceship and dances to a song in the beginning. My dad always liked the song and assumed it could be one from Bon Jovi. When we went to the concert in Munich 2003 they did this one near the end of the main set and a fan standing nearby told us the song title. Due to that my dad bought the album SWW shortly afterwards and it actually is the album that turned me into a fan. Especially the second half of the record had caught my attention and that's probably why songs like I'd Die For You and Never Say Goodbye still rank so high among my favourites. I was 14 at that time and yeah, the whole fandom started with that album for me.
What are your memories?

Last edited by bonjovi90; 08-18-2016 at 11:49 PM..

Old 08-18-2016, 10:13 PM
Livin' on a Post

Nice work fellas! Thank you!!

I was 7 in 1986. During the fall of that year my 7 years older brother got a tape collection of the hits of the day....there was "You Give Love A Bad Name" and that was my first touch of Bon jovi. I really dug the song, playing it over and over again....and it didnt take long until I got SWW, if I remember correctly, it was during the first months of 1987. And from then on, I was a fan for several years (up until 1993)!

Last edited by rokuli; 08-18-2016 at 10:16 PM..
Old 08-19-2016, 02:52 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

In 1986 I was 38 years old and had 2 kids ages 7 and 6. It wasn't until 1989 that I heard Lay Your Hands on Me and was blown away. I had heard OF Bon Jovi in 1986 but I don't know that I had actually ever heard them. I lived in California at the time and the local radio certainly didn't play them. No iPod, no youtube no way of even knowing they existed. I used to take the NYTimes weekend edition and I paid to have it shipped to California (since I grew up here). It was a different and far less connected world then.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.