Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Earliest hints at yet to come styles?

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I think Luke Ebbin is a horrible producer... Max Martin is just a brilliant songwriter. If it wasn't for IML, Ebbin never would have been called back for Bounce...

BTY, Max is still crankin out hits. I just looked at is Wiki and oh man!!!! So many song I had no idea he was tied to... 2 songs played non-stop on American Radio...

2015 – "Can't Feel My Face" (The Weeknd)
2016 – "Can't Stop The Feeling!" (Justin Timberlake)

And this is what Jon needs to do. Buy a hit song!!! This is why Justin Timberlake is still in the game... It was a game changer for Jon in 2000 and it's time to do it again...
I think Jon is happy with his career now. If Bon Jovi get a big hit ever again, good for them but I don't think Jon is losing any sleep.

Last edited by jovifan85; 09-04-2016 at 05:37 PM..

Old 09-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Price of posting

I dont like Max Martin. Complicated was crap.

I miss when Jon only wrote with Richie and Desmond.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-04-2016 at 06:23 PM..
Old 09-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
This sums it up for me perfectly... 'Deflated' is a great way to describe it too .

Back then, all you could do is compare it to the past but now we could look back on it and compare it to today so yes, opinions have shifted... The same with the tour... I do think "Save The World" is a hidden gem once you get past the opening line (never went to college, don't have a degree). The songs for me takes off with, "it comes down to this"

It's still not my go to album of choice by any stretch but for me, it's a time piece in my life... It was Bon Jovi's reentry into America, they became legendary, return to stadiums, and it was also a change for me personally. First career job, which came with new friends, etc... 16 years ago feels like yesterday... And to think that the time between These Days and Crush felt like forever... Scary!!!!
Extremely scary how quickly the years have flown.

I agree the running order isn't great on Crush. I still think some of the production isn't amazing either.

Just Older is a great song. Still sounding fresh. It's got energy which I think is lacking on recent albums.