Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Johnny Don't Run - Here's Johnny!

Other Bands

Old 09-14-2016, 10:42 PM
Livin' on a Post

Exclamation Johnny Don't Run - Here's Johnny!

Greetings and salutations!

And first of all; thank you. Thank you for clicking open the thread although you've never even heard of this band - never mind their record. Keeping an eye, and an ear open for new possibly interesting music is what keeps young struggling bands afloat in the vast ocean of the modern music scene. When everyone with an internet connection and a microphone can upload their works for everyone to hear, it's not easy to get attention. So thank you.

As long as you're here, you might want to listen to some music too, eh? Here is our debut EP, for all to enjoy free of charge:
https://soundcloud.com/johnny-dont-r...s/heres-johnny

If you're interested in the lyrics, check out our Bandcamp site:
https://johnnydontrun.bandcamp.com/album/heres-johnny

What would please us most is if you'd be so kind as to give us feedback on our music.
We've hardly heard any so far. It's probably 'cause we're so shit and everyone wants to be polite. But we'd love to hear how shit we are! Perhaps some of you might even find a new angle of shittyness we've never thought to consider. Any kind of feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks for the read and the listen! I hope to hear from you.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Livin' on a Post

WHERE WE STAND
http://tinyurl.com/zentpvv

One of the two older song on this EP. Where We Stand was originally written in 2004, with the original title of Blood on the Strings Again, then rewritten to it's final form sometime between 2005 and 2006.

I initially got the inspiration to the song when I was in a bit of a slump musically. I was still learning to play the guitar and sing, and I wasn't feeling it for some reason. Nothing inspired me to play, sing or write and I really didn't even want to touch my guitar. But then one song drew me back in. I felt passion in playing and singing my heart out again. I started playing that one song back to back, over and over again, for a few days. Actually, I played it so vigorously I cut a finger in my strumming hand several times, each time making the cut a little messier. After once again completing the song, I noticed the cut was already so bloody, some blood had sprayed on my strings and the body of the guitar. I hadn't really noticed 'cause I'd been playing the song in ecstasy. I sort of half-heartedly muttered to myself "blood on the strings again..." and that was it. I immediately knew I had to write a song about it. And the words are my story, why I love music and what it means to me to be passionate about it.
And the song that got me playing again was Blood on Blood.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:08 PM
Livin' on a Post

HEROIN
http://tinyurl.com/zx9wkvt

Second one of the two older songs on our EP. Half of the song was written sometime in 2006, the rest was completed 2014 when we started coming up with songs for our first release.

I don't have much of a recollection what inspired the song exactly. Just that I got this idea in my head about losing what's most precious in your life. How someone might be so crucial to your happiness and existence, like the air you breathe. And when they're taken away you're left with nothing but want. The lyrics just explore that pain.