Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Could A Fan Get To Interview JBJ? (If so, what would YOU ask?)

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-30-2016, 03:49 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
I dunno, it's ****ing JBJ. So there's two things to keep in mind:
1. We won't get stuff from the vaults just because a random (fan) interviewer asked. This kind of questions is pretty pointless.
2. Certain topics will get a "streamlined" answer. ("Do you miss hanging out with Richie?" would fall into that category)

I'd like to ask questions that I think he'd actually answer and that don't boil down to stuff we can figure out ourselves ("why has your voice changed?").

So.
-As you grew older and obviously your life changed, did you find it harder to go back to certain themes, not even necassirly lyrical but also in terms of attitude? Did certain things become easier?

-You have made it clear that the audience deserves an uplifting show from you. Were there ever times you wanted to vent about certain things in songs but felt it would just not work for what the band is all about? If so, what happened to those songs?

-When did you first get a clear impression what the identity of the band was, and when was it last updated?

-You are obviously the face of the band and, especially with Richie gone, the main creative force. Are there certain aspects about the band, its direction and live show, that people underestimate about the other guys from the band? Do you reckon their input is overshadowed even among die-hards, or is it really mainly your show?

-Are there certain songs you feel you should have done at a later point in your career as you weren't really able to pull off the subject matter back then?

-You have done a lot of writing with John Shanks over the last years. Did you write more in the studio for these albums, or does he chip in on stuff you have prepared beforehand?

-Billy Falcon has obviously been a friend of yours but only came in the picture as far as writing goes with Crush. Was there anything in particular that prompted to get him more involved?
Great questions! Such a shame we'll probably never get an answer to those

Old 09-30-2016, 04:24 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Easy. Why didn't he keep a steady course after These Days album as regards the band's sound and why after Crush/Lost Highway experiments he didn't go back to a heavier rock sound. Plus if he can fix his voice and why doesn't he do 3 hours shows
Old 09-30-2016, 04:47 PM
These Days

Quote:
1. We won't get stuff from the vaults just because a random (fan) interviewer asked. This kind of questions is pretty pointless.
2. Certain topics will get a "streamlined" answer. ("Do you miss hanging out with Richie?" would fall into that category)

I'd like to ask questions that I think he'd actually answer and that don't boil down to stuff we can figure out ourselves ("why has your voice changed?").

So.
-As you grew older and obviously your life changed, did you find it harder to go back to certain themes, not even necassirly lyrical but also in terms of attitude? Did certain things become easier?

-You have made it clear that the audience deserves an uplifting show from you. Were there ever times you wanted to vent about certain things in songs but felt it would just not work for what the band is all about? If so, what happened to those songs?

-When did you first get a clear impression what the identity of the band was, and when was it last updated?

-You are obviously the face of the band and, especially with Richie gone, the main creative force. Are there certain aspects about the band, its direction and live show, that people underestimate about the other guys from the band? Do you reckon their input is overshadowed even among die-hards, or is it really mainly your show?

-Are there certain songs you feel you should have done at a later point in your career as you weren't really able to pull off the subject matter back then?

-You have done a lot of writing with John Shanks over the last years. Did you write more in the studio for these albums, or does he chip in on stuff you have prepared beforehand?

-Billy Falcon has obviously been a friend of yours but only came in the picture as far as writing goes with Crush. Was there anything in particular that prompted to get him more involved?
Fantastic post!
Old 09-30-2016, 09:01 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
pointless? oh how wrong you are sir.

Its not about getting or not getting gems from the vault by asking this. Its about hearing JBJ personally answering and commenting on this subject, which would be utterly interesting.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:06 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuli View Post
pointless? oh how wrong you are sir.

Its not about getting or not getting gems from the vault by asking this. Its about hearing JBJ personally answering and commenting on this subject, which would be utterly interesting.
I dunno, I doubt it'd amount to much more than "I don't think that's in the cards now". Do you reckon he's gonna get sentimental and talk about writing the songs? Doesn't seem the type to enjoy talking about the past too much, especially if it's the portions that he can avoid.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:16 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

The only way this will get noticed is if people start tagging the band on social media and people connected with the band.

I've done it everyday.. just needs more people!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...