Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

New songs in the tour setlist

Tour Discussion

Old 10-27-2016, 01:09 AM
Keep the Faith

Default New songs in the tour setlist

So, I'm still undecided on the album. Some tracks I still prefer live. However, listening to it properly with good speakers rather than just the laptop is a must. The question is which tracks we want to become staples. I'd love at least 6 or 7, if Jon really believes in the album then play it!

I'm going with

THINFS
Ghost
Scars out in the audience, atmospheric could be a classic
Born again tomorrow
New Year's Day
Devils
Rollercoaster

I'm ignoring we don't run as I'm hoping its there already. No doubt knockout will be there but not a huge fan yet.

Also, do we think any will make a good opener and why? I loved TIWTWMM with the extended outro during the last tour. I'm thinking the outdoor stage could be the house and roots like the album cover.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:02 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
So, I'm still undecided on the album. Some tracks I still prefer live. However, listening to it properly with good speakers rather than just the laptop is a must. The question is which tracks we want to become staples. I'd love at least 6 or 7, if Jon really believes in the album then play it!

I'm going with

THINFS
Ghost
Scars out in the audience, atmospheric could be a classic
Born again tomorrow
New Year's Day
Devils
Rollercoaster
Same as you, though I'd change New Year's Day for Knockout

Wouldn't mind a version of I Will Drive You Home but we know that won't ever happen.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 10-27-2016, 10:03 AM
Jovi Fan

THINFS probably will be the opener
Knockout will be played every single night too
Old 10-27-2016, 10:20 AM
These Days

THINFS and KO are the singles so they're no brainers. Early in the set. I'd pick KO as an opener actually. THINFS as the lead single deserves proper introduction from Jon, etc.

Labor Of Love is the third song to have a video, so it's probably going to be there as well. It's actually a good one to slow things down in the set after a few up numbers (e.g. Bad Name, BTBMB, etc.)

God Bless This Mess I'd also expect to be there; Jon loves the song and wanted it to be the lead single. Probably late in the main set to serve the same purpose it does on the album.

We Don't Run will probably be played as well. Jon didn't have to play it in 2015, but he did. And this song already has some popularity with the fans. Plus Jon doesn't sing the chorus, so it's very easy on his vocals. Could be rotated with Born Again Tomorrow, they serve the same purpose.

I don't see what other see in Living With Ghost, but it wouldn't be track no. 2 for no reason. So I expect it to be played at least early in the tour, but it will probably the first one to be dropped during later legs.

Lastly, I'd like to have Scars On This Guitar in there for personal reasons. So it could be on rotation with stuff like Amen, When We Were Beautiful, etc. The idea of having him play in the audience I would support!

Assuming 6-7 songs per night (which is actually more than they usually do on proper tours most nights), my full list would be: THINFS, KO, LOL, GBTM, WDR/BAT, LWG; and SCOTG occasionally.

But then again, it can't be decided in a vacuum; it depends on what other songs they're planning to play in which spots, etc.