Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone Else Loves Roller Coaster?

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 12-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Keep the Faith

I only love the chorus

Old 12-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Jovi Freak

Absolutely perfect pop hook. Crazy it wasn't a "promoted" single (all the songs get videos and you can download them all digitally, sure, but it wasn't a single that got a push and all), since it is so poppy and hook-heavy.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:34 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli View Post
Hold on tight slide a little closer
Up so high stars are on shoulders
Time flies by, don't close your eeeeyeeeees.

This is the kind of song you listen to in the car when you are going out with your friends, and then after a couple of hours you can hear them humming the song but they have no ideea from where they heard it from.
Haha! I love this image. Totally agree.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Absolutely perfect pop hook. Crazy it wasn't a "promoted" single (all the songs get videos and you can download them all digitally, sure, but it wasn't a single that got a push and all), since it is so poppy and hook-heavy.
Yesterday Jon said right after the performance of the song that "it's probably going to be the second single". Might do well on radio since it's quite catchy.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:09 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Shame it wasn't a single. Sounds ready for a Top40 radio. They haven't even released a video, it could give the song some exposure since the single thing seems a little bit dead.

On the song. I just love it. To me it's better than LTOR, which is good in its context, an ok but bland album, but some of the lyrics are on the wrong side of cheese. Like Roaller Coaster, it's better live.

BJ have always made really really good pop-rock tunes and they get slated for that, but like I said in my review of the album and this song in particular, making a good pop song, a catchy, memorable song, it's much more difficult than it seems. And the only positive thing I can say about BJ post 2000 is that their catchy songs are really good, both musically and lyrically: Say It Isn't So, Misunderstood, The Last Cigarette (shh shut up), LTOR and now Roller Coaster.

I think that their knack for making excellent feel-good songs is that they are an 80s band (don't tell Jon I said that). I miss the 80s, the fun and optimism. One thing you can't deny is that Jon has always been pretty consistent about who they are and what type of songs they write. The musical style is more debatable, though

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know