Default 12-23-15 Hope Concert, Red Bank, NJ--2nd show announced

http://www.app.com/story/entertainme...cert/75328026/

Old 11-07-2015, 03:30 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Just saw that on FB. I wasn't going to go this year but now I might have to LOL.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:27 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

http://www.app.com/story/entertainme...cert/75570594/

Even More Hope--2nd show announced.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:49 AM
Something for the Posts

And on the same day???
The Count Basie Theatre exclusively announced to the Asbury Park Press Wednesday morning that it will host "... And Even More HOPE," an encore staging of this year's hotly anticipated Hope Concert 8, at 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 23.

With a previously-announced 7 p.m. show benefiting the Visiting Nurse Association Health Group, 180 Turning Lives Around and the Basie's Arts for All initiative in the Red Bank Borough Middle School, 2015 marks the first year that two Hope Concerts have been performed on the same evening.

They should set up something where anyone who buys tickets to both shows can get a free meal nearby -- including at the Soul Kitchen! With each show will running around ninety minutes, it should be fine -- it isn't as though anyone will be singing for ninety minutes straight!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 11-12-2015 at 02:14 AM..
Old 11-12-2015, 02:39 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
They should set up something where anyone who buys tickets to both shows can get a free meal nearby -- including at the Soul Kitchen! With each show will running around ninety minutes, it should be fine -- it isn't as though anyone will be singing for ninety minutes straight!
If they sold out the first show with no issues, they shouldn't need to package the second one to include a free meal at the SK...

The SK has it's own purpose and is not related to Bobby's charitable cause. Just because Jon is performing, it's not a JBJ show. If they needed to do such a package, as you stated above, it should be with a local restaurant who would want to donate or get a plug around the holiday season and the SK should be totally left out of it.

The SK is a small little place the operates with the balance of donations and with people who could not afford a meal. During the night of the show, right before Christmas, the SK should operate as it normally does and if a person is able to afford tickets to both shows, they shouldn't get a free meal. They should go to the SK, have a meal, make a donation, leave a little extra, and pay for the person next to them.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:44 AM
The Distance

What's interesting is, Jon only stays for 5 songs and cranks them out in 20 minutes. I wonder if he's going to close the early show and open the second one.

or if he'll have a bigger role being that the shows are being reduced due to time.

or if he'll just leave and come back being that his Jersey home and SK are just a few minutes from each other.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:07 PM
The Distance

I went on at exactly 12PM for tickets and they must of had some presale because all the 50 dollar seats were taken. I know it's charity but where do you draw the limit...

It's become so predictable that IMO, if you are going just for Jon, it's not even worth it. He's gone in 20 minutes and does the same songs every time...

Who Says
The Letter
Blue Christmas
Run Rudolph
His only 2 Christmas gems are I Wish Everyday and Please Come Home of which, considering his current vocal state, it's like hearing him sing Always...

I went last year and had no idea Jon was opening. I was in the beer line when it started and didn't get down to my seat until the second song. I then realized that I was on the wrong side so I had to go all the way around. By the time I actually got settled and was able to enjoy the show, Jon was gone. Yes, partially my fault... I then sat through 2 hours of watching washed up b-rated artists sing oldies covers... Once Tim McLoone started singing Yakety Yak, I immediately left and said 'never again'
Old 11-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I went on at exactly 12PM for tickets and they must of had some presale because all the 50 dollar seats were taken. I know it's charity but where do you draw the limit...

It's become so predictable that IMO, if you are going just for Jon, it's not even worth it. He's gone in 20 minutes and does the same songs every time...

Who Says
The Letter
Blue Christmas
Run Rudolph
His only 2 Christmas gems are I Wish Everyday and Please Come Home of which, considering his current vocal state, it's like hearing him sing Always...

I went last year and had no idea Jon was opening. I was in the beer line when it started and didn't get down to my seat until the second song. I then realized that I was on the wrong side so I had to go all the way around. By the time I actually got settled and was able to enjoy the show, Jon was gone. Yes, partially my fault... I then sat through 2 hours of watching washed up b-rated artists sing oldies covers... Once Tim McLoone started singing Yakety Yak, I immediately left and said 'never again'
Sorry dude, but as per usual, you don't make any sense. "I went on at exactly 12PM for tickets" and then you proceeded to complain about how awful last year was, how he does the same songs every year and even questioned why you went and said how boring it was. And you concluded your paragraph with "never again", yet you chose to go and buy tickets right at 12pm.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:27 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Sorry dude, but as per usual, you don't make any sense. "I went on at exactly 12PM for tickets" and then you proceeded to complain about how awful last year was, how he does the same songs every year and even questioned why you went and said how boring it was. And you concluded your paragraph with "never again", yet you chose to go and buy tickets right at 12pm.
I know understanding my posts requires a certain intellect so I'll rephrase for you little buddy.

Due to a disappointment with Jon's past few performances during the Hope Concert, I went on at 12 noon, not to get the best seats, but to get the cheap ones. I would only go to see Jon if I got the cheapest seats they sold and then would most likely take off after because the rest of the show has been shit these past few years. I usually stick around with the hopes of a Bruce appearance.

The 'never again' was in reference to me paying top dollar for this show. If you were actually a real fan, which I could tell by your posts and lack of contribution that you are not, you would know that the first few Hope Concerts were great. Jon was there the entire time and would duet with Bruce and Southside.

Does that help clear things up for you?

Last edited by Rdkopper; 11-15-2015 at 06:02 AM..
Old 12-11-2015, 09:49 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
If you were actually a real fan, which I could tell by your posts and lack of contribution that you are not
Maybe I am not a real fan, as there is so much better music than the shit Bon Jovi has churned out recently. Maybe I am not a real fan, but at least I'm not delusional with my head up my ass.
Closed Thread