Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Backstage with Bon Jovi (40th Anniversary)

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 02-01-2024, 10:39 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Brett = Brett James
DC = Desmond Child
Falcon = Billy Falcon
JBJ = Jon Bon Jovi

Does it say "Shanks" or "Shaker"? It's NOT in parentheses, weirdly enough. Is that an overdub or just John Shanks the writer?
Shanks has a co-write on both those songs, so I think it's him.

Btw: what's track 6 on the right? You are (me)?

Old 02-01-2024, 10:41 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Shanks has a co-write on both those songs, so I think it's him.

Btw: what's track 6 on the right? You are (me)?
I think it’s “ You are here “

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace...rkID/894487444

Last edited by Jovi98; 02-01-2024 at 10:57 PM..
Old 02-01-2024, 10:47 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan85 View Post
I liked Hugh Macdonald's reaction to being inducted to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and JBJ giving him a Christmas Present with the E-Mail he sent to get him inducted.

David Bryan mentions Alec Such and not seeing him in a long time, but says it was a great night.

https://backstage.bonjovi.com/exhibits/we-ll-make-it-i-swear"] scroll THISNFS Tour.
That made me really emotional. Seeing Hugh almost tear up and how he describes that he would jump in front of a train for Jon. It feels very unlike Hugh to open up like that. Felt very "real" to see Hugh describe how much it meant to him that Jon stood up for him.

Here's a working link: https://backstage.bonjovi.com/artifa...fame-induction
Old 02-01-2024, 11:04 PM
Posting everyday

Thanks for the link! Seeing Hugh so emotional almost made me tear up.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:47 PM
Runaway

Hugh is such a humble and down-to-earth guy <3
Old 02-02-2024, 01:00 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonboy25 View Post
I wonder what the game plan for Backstage With Bon Jovi is. When the rest of the content will be released, how much it'll be to access it in its entirety. What do you hope for?

My wishlist is:
- Downloadable audio including:
- unreleased unheard songs
- demos and pre-production of songs we already know and love
- Full concerts split into songs
- Story's behind each album, with indepth song by song, writing process and recording

Based on what's been released so far, I'm not so sure my wishlist will happen. I ain't complaining though. This is by far the coolest thing we've ever recieved as die hards.
I think at this point, it's safe to assume that we are now getting exactly what was promised 3 / 4 years ago when they initially rolled this out. This is exactly what Jon advertised from inception. It's also safe to assume that I was 100% correct with all my complaining and bitching, even though Captain Jovi said that I misinterpreted everything. For whatever reason, maybe licensing issues or delays in archiving or whatever, it took a few extra years to get it going... However, at this point, it's water under the bridge.

Now with all that said, I think they are going to go back to the original pricing and plan they initially had from the beginning.

Maybe a Silver and Gold package and every few months they'll keep adding more. I think they'll get through all the albums this year and then keep adding content to each one throughout the years to come. Maybe start with Home Recording and PreProductions now, then next year add some polished demos and unreleased tracks. Also, live shows will probably be the bulk of each update.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:13 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I think at this point, it's safe to assume that we are now getting exactly what was promised 3 / 4 years ago when they initially rolled this out. This is exactly what Jon advertised from inception. It's also safe to assume that I was 100% correct with all my complaining and bitching, even though Captain Jovi said that I misinterpreted everything. For whatever reason, maybe licensing issues or delays in archiving or whatever, it took a few extra years to get it going... However, at this point, it's water under the bridge.

Now with all that said, I think they are going to go back to the original pricing and plan they initially had from the beginning.

Maybe a Silver and Gold package and every few months they'll keep adding more. I think they'll get through all the albums this year and then keep adding content to each one throughout the years to come. Maybe start with Home Recording and PreProductions now, then next year add some polished demos and unreleased tracks. Also, live shows will probably be the bulk of each update.
Nah I still stand by the fact that the boxes weren't for the die hards and was people being too literal about stuff that has "never been heard" because we're such nerds and know that something was on a Brazillian radio broadcast in 1995. Like, seriouly, who gives a shit about the 150 people that collect this stuff and cry foul that "well I've heard this before". I'll go to my grave about that, because we don't make them money.

People built it up in their heads and let their dreams run wild and then tried to claim it was credit card fraud when they didn't deliver on the holiest of grails. Don't get me wrong, it was a massive rip off, but the lack of perspective from this board was wild.

ANYWAY, this feels promising and if there's a price point that includes all the songs in full and I find a way to rip the good ones to listen to on my phone, I'll pay about any amount for that. Let's hope!
Old 02-02-2024, 03:50 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCounty View Post
That made me really emotional. Seeing Hugh almost tear up and how he describes that he would jump in front of a train for Jon. It feels very unlike Hugh to open up like that. Felt very "real" to see Hugh describe how much it meant to him that Jon stood up for him.

Here's a working link: https://backstage.bonjovi.com/artifa...fame-induction
I think he might have been quoting what Jon said in the email "I'd jump in front of a train for him"

Last edited by Rdkopper; 02-02-2024 at 04:08 AM..
Old 02-02-2024, 04:40 AM
The Distance

There is another song titled "Don't Leave Me Tonight'. It's a love song with different lyrics.

It's one of those home recording but it's really good. Ya'll should check it out.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2024, 01:27 PM
Jovi Addict

Currently on my lunch break in the UK and headed straight here for any Music Cares (Sambora, will he, wont he) gossip and couldnt see anything popping off ... Then realised all my time zones are off and I'm a bit dense haha - Not happened yet I assume