Home Register Members FAQ

Bon Jovi "Fan Album": Burning Bridges- Out 21 Aug

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 08-24-2015, 01:28 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post

Lyric booklet!!
Awesome! Could you transcribe the lyrics for the lyrics thread?

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezearis View Post
Awesome! Could you transcribe the lyrics for the lyrics thread?

Done. Posted pics
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 08-24-2015, 01:54 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Done. Posted pics
Very much appreciated. Thank you!

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 08-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Price of posting

No worries
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 08-24-2015, 03:03 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Got my Japanese edition from CD Japan this morning too. Nice to have the lyric book. Steelhorse has beaten me to posting up the lyrics. Good work fella
Old 08-24-2015, 03:23 PM
These Days

Quote:
Done. Posted pics
Thank you so much!

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 08-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Send a message via AIM to Grantos1

Either the effort, time constraints or lack of interest from Jon as he's writing the new album has obviously effected how this album sounds.

I'm wondering if Shanks was given more input on the sound of the recording and producing? There's parts of the album that do not sound like the last few albums and some production sounds modern pop / rock sounding to me. There's plenty of people on here that will hate that, but it's a reason this sounds better than What About Now IMO.

And I agree with the person who said they should try a different producer that would push Jon, there's plenty out there with fresh ideas.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:22 PM
Posting Always

Island Records ‏@IslandRecords

US ONLY! Get 20% of @BonJovi's "Burning Bridges" fan album at @HDTracks with promo code: BonJoviHD20 (EXP: 8/31/15) http://smarturl.it/BurningBridgesHD
Old 08-24-2015, 09:10 PM
Dry County

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

I don't listen to snippets anymore because they ruin it for me. Sometimes you hear the best of the song and the rest is disappointing etc. I probably shouldn't listen to leaked/released tracks either because it affects I perceive the album when I listen to it in full. It was a huge letdown for me this time. Some of the early songs really pumped my expectations. Fortunately, even We Don't Run and the Weekend song had to grow on me, some of the six later songs are growing on me too.
I'm not into wriring reviews but I have some thoughts that occured to me while listening to the album. It might be obvious coming from me cause I'm a Richie's fan, I don't like the guitars in general. I can't find the right word for it in English, in my language translated to English it would be 'epicene'. In some songs I feel it's not even there, I miss some signature in playing thoughout the album. It's logical, that happens when you don't have a guitar player in a band - things like that happen on solo artists' albums. That leads to my next thought later. Kudos to Shanks for what he delivered in Teardrop and Fingerprints and I really like WDR solo. On contrary, that's quite refreshing.
My next thought is that the album just doesn't feel like a band album. I was happy for Blind Love being basically a piano song which I took as a sign David had more space. However, that was it. Tico has a few interesting hits in Who Would You Die For which I doubt if he played it or it was programmed. It just feels like a Jon's solo record. For the strange poppier production on some songs, no signature and more prominent guitar etc. The only song I still have feeling sounds like Bon Jovi in a way I see them is A Teardrop To The Sea. And yeah, of course the Weekend song is what Bon Jovi has been (or was) for the last 10 years.
I like the diversity of the album. Even in a 11 song album, there are some fillers for me but I can tell the difference between the songs. Maybe it is because it's put together from song with different background and history. I still can't decide if it is all new (what Shanks said) or mixed (what Jon said).
I don't like that there are only a few uptempto songs. WDR is great, the Weekend song and I'm Your Man which I considered as the weakest from the early songs but now is in the better half of the album. The rest is something like slower or faster midtempo songs. Plus the production and especially effects on Jon's vocals on some songs are really horrible. It's probably to hide his vocals abilities. Or not, I love Teardrop where he sounds natural.
I like We Don't Run. Well I learned to like it, it rocks (though not a rock song that much), it has a hook, it's fast, you can shout along to it. Great.
I like the Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning because I don't know the Nickelback songs it copies. That's typical BJ tune of the last decade and I realized that I enjoy listening to it.
I like Blind Love, finally a ballad without pathos (at least I feel it this way). When I first heard it, I thought is sounded like the beginning to Richie's Weathering The Storm and then that the piano sounds like Richie's You Can Only Get So High. Still I really like it. I woulnd't need the orchestration, the piano would be enough for me.
I'm getting into liking Fingerprints, which I still think would suck without the guitar solos. And Who Would You Die For - it sounds like many songs together, so many influences and ideas, still can't make my mind about it.
I adore A Teardrop To The Sea - excellent lyrics and the passion in singing. That's what I want from them. The passion is so missed in the recent releases. I know there won't be another New Jersey or These Days but the passion in music and having something to deliver should be there - I miss those thing in WAN and other albums compared to the classics (of course there are many other things which simply can't be there anymore).
And yeah Burning Bridges is fun. I only don't get why it got released when it clearly makes fun/bashes the record company which releases this record.
Sorry for the length, I needed to write it out of me
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 08-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I had a meeting with another professional this morning and in our off-topic conversation about things we enjoy I mentioned Burning Bridges and he said, "Why haven't I heard of that one?" I told him, "Well, it just came out Friday." He said that would explain it. I told him it was the best album they'd put out in years so he'd have to get a copy. It was actually really amusing to me because I've never see an adult male act so truly befuddled about why he didn't know about a new Bon Jovi album. Maybe they should have promoted it a little bit!!