Home Register Members FAQ

Bon Jovi "Fan Album": Burning Bridges- Out 21 Aug

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 08-26-2015, 11:37 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robd788 View Post
In the official charts it will be number 2 or 3 as the compilation records don't get included.
Hopefully. It's gone down to number 7 now.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 08-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezearis View Post

And about the "everyone uses the production as an excuse to hate", it's not an excuse, Bon Jovi's last albums are painful to hear because of the crappy production: What About Now is noise + noise + compressed instruments + noise + Jon + autotune + some other noise. There's no depth in sound. And somebody can't hear what I'm saying he should really go to check his ears because something's not working right there.
I agree with you 99%....the only exception is that, I truly believe that some people literally can "NOT" hear certain aspects of "sound/production" etc... As long as they like how the song was written, no amount of bad production will make them hate it.

What is frustrating is that these people who can't hear it claim it doesn't exist as an issue...but that is how they experience it.

Think of Rush Vapor Trails...original sucked, remix is simply stunning....most people can't tell there is a difference....
Old 08-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Thank you, RAIN, it's nice to hear that someone, who doesn't agree that the production is that crappy as others see it, does not necessarily have to be an idiot or ill.

I guess production isn't as important for me as it is for other people here. I can absolutely live with a non perfect production as long as I like a song / album for some other reasons. For me personally, that's the right way to "judge" a song or an album...

By the way, I never wanted to say that the production is perfect or that it isn't an issue at all...
Old 08-26-2015, 06:17 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIN View Post
I agree with you 99%....the only exception is that, I truly believe that some people literally can "NOT" hear certain aspects of "sound/production" etc... As long as they like how the song was written, no amount of bad production will make them hate it.
I agree, some people doesn't hear it, might be because they genuinely can't hear it or because they just don't care, but doesn't mean that the issue doesn't exist... that was my point.

If a song is good, is good, whether it has a good mixing/production or not but, if a song is good... might be great with the right mixing/production. To me it's kinda disappointing to hear In These Arms and then Pictures of You, or It's Just Me and A Teardrop To The Sea and think about what could've been.

But this is not an issue of Bon Jovi, is an issue of all modern music. People just hear their music on shitty earbuds, in a compressed mp3 @ 192 they got from a website that got converted from who know where, and they're happy that way. I also hear music in low quality (Spotify OGG @ 160 kbps) on my phone, but when I'm on my house I just want to turn off the lights and enjoy other aspects of music that, on modern records, are sadly lost.

I truly believe that most records these days should come in two versions, a loud mp3/radio version and a better mixed edition for vinyl and lossless digital downloads. That would solve the issue, but I'd mean higher costs and nobody would do it.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 08-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebonjovi View Post
Even before I knew the background for this song, I loved the passion in his singing. And since I saw the interview (http://www.canada.com/entertainment/...697/story.html) where Jon explains that Teardrop to the Sea is the serious lyrical song about the record company breaking his heart, I understand it even more.
I'd like to get back to this topic regarding the label. Somebody else wrote that the record starts with Teardrop as a song about the label-trouble and ends with Burning Bridges, another song about it.

I somehow got the feeling that the whole album is about the split up with the record company.

In the following I'm gonna tell you why
Some thoughts might appear weird or too far away, but let's see:

1) A Teardrop To The Sea: has been discussed already

2) We Don't Run:

Take a look around you / Yeah the sky is falling / Sinners say your prayers /
This train is off the tracks --> Richie's quit, insecure future of the band

Nothing is forever when / Tomorrow's calling --> 30 years of label loyalty is over

Dancing with the devil --> label

Not afraid of burning bridges / 'cause I know they're gonna light my way --> leave the label, publicity that Bon Jovi's a free agent

Like a phoenix from the ashes / Welcome to the future / It's a new day --> signing with Azoff, they'll be back

You could play this game with the second verse as well.

3) Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning
I know, it's supposed to be a Circle outtake. But does anybody know the original lyrics?

I was living my life like a long-lost weekend / Never felt nothing, jumping right into deep end --> felt safe for a long time under the label's big umbrella

I wasn’t missin’ nothin’ that was ever worth getting / Never hung around enough to regret it --> but never curried favor to the reps

You came walking in late but just in time / You ended my excuses with a ten-cent rhyme --> Azoff!?

Saturday night gave me Sunday morning / Opened my eyes now it’s a new day dawning --> realised that he doesn't want to be pushed by the label anymore

Think I might have pushed my luck a time or two --> too many discussions about his artistic freedom (see LH)

When you're driving down a street that’s only going one way --> labels wish for Greatest Hits, radio-friendly songs

You should know I still got something left to prove --> staying relevant

Remember those nights staring out at the lights / Making time with our feet in the sand / Making up words to our favorite songs / Laughin’ loud with those drinks in our hands -->the good old times, when it was Bon Jovi against the world and they hit it big

4) We All Fall Down

Don't be afraid to lose your way / Take that step, don't hesitate,
Your time is now, aha / Don't be afraid to scrape your knees / On the streets of shattered dreams, stand up and be proud / I'm telling you now, yeah --> he stood his ground by leaving the label

Climb every mountain / How high doesn't matter / Don't ever be afraid to fall,
Walk out on that wire --> wire = label, contract, commitments

climb every ladder / Keep your back against the wall / And don't be scared to hit the ground / Cos we all (all), fall (fall), down, --> he might hit the ground by leaving the label but who dares wins
--> or the label loses, too, by letting Bon Jovi go

5) Blind Love

Well, I gotta admit that this one is the toughest in my theory because I can't quite connect it to my thesis.
The "Don't wanna go home to the TV / Dont' wanna go down to some bar" line is to me the new "sitting here wasted and wounded on this old piano" or "I can't write a love song the way I feel today / I can't sing no song of hope, I’ve got nothing to say" (the meaning, not the song quality ).
So I'm thinking the love in this song might be the music to Jon where he tries to get back to after leaving the label (Is guiding every step I take / It's one less I got to make / Till I find my way home / Try love)

6) Who Would You Die For

When you walked into the party / The guests all disappeared. --> unpopular label reps

I don’t care if the devil’s keeping score. --> the label just concentrating on records sales

Will you write me lipstick letters / And miss me when I'm gone? / Wake up tangled in the sheets / Still aching for my arms? --> will the label regret letting Bon Jovi go?

The way you move it's almost holy, --> no objections against the label are welcome

7) Fingerprints

I gave you my fingerprints / Left them all over you --> his written songs are his fingerprints he gave to the label, they have all the rights (or big parts)

The last time that I saw them /They were running through your hair --> pretty romantic approach with the label being a woman

You held one between your lips / And brought another there --< label concentrating on other artists as soon as they weren't cool anymore

No matter who or what I touch / I leave no evidence / I gave you my fingerprints --> the lack of support from the record company leads to Bon Jovi not being relevant anymore

I said I'd give you everything / But who'd thought you'd take it all / Does a promise really break / If nobody sees it fall? --> the deal with a senseless Greatest Hits?

That china box I gave to you / Was all there was to me / All it was to you /
Was just a faded memory --> maybe Jon's wish to play China and now that they quit the label it's the first time they play over there? I know, pretty bumpy

I gave her my fingerprints / Guilty or innocent / I had to ask myself / Would I do it all again? / Would I? --> self-critical, maybe some regrets that he didn't take this step earlier, asking himself if he would sign with such a big label again if he was 20 these days

Life Is Beautiful

Try to walk on water / You’ll sink just like a stone --> arrogance of the big record companies

Said you’d get home early / But you always stay too long / You've got all the answers / But the answers are all wrong --> oversleep of developments, wrong strategies in todays music business

I can't save you from my sins / Innocence, my long lost friend --> Jon's leitmotif from his grey summer, the innocence that was gone

No wind, no rain can wash away / These hallowed words my mouth won't pray / You fly, you fall --> he's not on the same page as the company is, they fly to high and will fail

9) I'm Your Man
This one could be either about his recovered love (music) or a foot in the door for Richie

When your heart is hungry / When you want a secret you can keep / You know that you can call me /Anytime for anything you need --> brotherhood

No job that I can't handle / There ain't much that I ain't done --> seen a million faces

I'll be that one call that you get / When you can't call no one / When the room is dark and empty / There's no need to explain -- brotherhood

We know not to ask questions / So no one has to lie / We both know without hello / There won't be no goodbyes / No promises that we won't keep / No more to understand --> it's all about brotherhood

10) Burning Bridges
No need for explanation.

Alright, I know some parts a pretty bumpy and probably enough lines are over-interpreted or even made up.

But nonetheless, your thoughts, please!
Old 08-26-2015, 08:59 PM
Jovi FANatic

Lyric video for Take Back The Night is up.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:05 PM
Born to be my Baby

Tico gets backing vocal credits in I'm Your Man and BB.
There are also a few songs where only Jon is credited with backing vocals.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:27 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwehehehe View Post
Tico gets backing vocal credits in I'm Your Man and BB.
There are also a few songs where only Jon is credited with backing vocals.
So does Tico count the band in on BB? It sounded so much like Richie, even though it doesn't make sense.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:28 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
So does Tico count the band in on BB? It sounded so much like Richie, even though it doesn't make sense.
I hear Tico all the way, I never thought it sounded like Richie.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:02 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

I noticed that Jon isn't credited for guitars on 'I'm Your Man', it must have all been Shanks.

I genuinely thought that it was Jon that came in near the end with the added guitar but obviously not.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...