Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Bon Jovi "Fan Album": Burning Bridges- Out 21 Aug

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 08-30-2015, 01:18 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

The Burning Bridges CD is sold out on amazon.com. It was hanging around the #4 or #5 in music sales earlier in the week and now it says to order now and they'll ship when it's available.

The CD was also sold out on Wal-Mart.com before it was released. Every time I went to pre-order it, it was unavailable.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:09 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
And he has to pay UMG each time he plays his own songs in public.
Apparently not:

Becky ‏@extra_cat 2h2 hours ago
@TheMattBongiovi Is it true that Jon will have to pay UMG to play his own songs live? That sounds like horsesh** to me.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Matthew Bongiovi ‏@TheMattBongiovi 3m3 minutes ago
@extra_cat lol doesn't work like that
5:03 PM - 29 Aug 2015 · Details
Old 08-30-2015, 11:09 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
The Burning Bridges CD is sold out on amazon.com. It was hanging around the #4 or #5 in music sales earlier in the week and now it says to order now and they'll ship when it's available.

The CD was also sold out on Wal-Mart.com before it was released. Every time I went to pre-order it, it was unavailable.
It was sold out in my local Wal Mart too which means they sold about 40 /50 copies.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Apparently not:

Becky ‏@extra_cat 2h2 hours ago
@TheMattBongiovi Is it true that Jon will have to pay UMG to play his own songs live? That sounds like horsesh** to me.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Matthew Bongiovi ‏@TheMattBongiovi 3m3 minutes ago
@extra_cat lol doesn't work like that
5:03 PM - 29 Aug 2015 · Details
Yes, it does but you didn't ask the right question. You can't isolate a sentence from a conversation like journalists do to create a buzz. What I wrote was in relation to what I and others had written before. Here what comes from me before the sentence you picked up:
Quote:
If Jon wasn't pissed off about not owning his masters and having to give the label half the publishing rights, do you think he would have mentioned it in a song?
Quote:
If we believe what Jon wrote in BB, half of the publishing now goes to the label and half goes to him because he's the sole writer.
Quote:
When Jon and Richie ran their own publishing company I mentioned in the "Richie - the actor" thread they probably "had all their publishing rights" or maybe it was only to collect the publishing rights from the bands they produced (mostly Skid Row and we all know about the feud)?
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sebas...ir-metal-feud/
When I wrote that Jon had to pay UMG whenever he played his own songs, I simplified things since I had written about it in my previous messages, what I really meant was: whenever Jon plays his own songs (from BB and from previous albums), half of the public performance royalties goes to UMG and half to him. I know that "pay" is not the most accurate term but I used it because I had Macca's comment in mind:
Quote:
No doubt Sir Paul, who has a reported £680 million fortune already, will be looking forward to receiving royalties and licensing money for tracks he wrote in the '60s and 1970.

Years ago, he complained at having to pay Michael royalties every time he wanted to perform a Beatles song: 'The annoying thing is I have to pay to play some of my own songs. Each time I want to sing Hey Jude I have to pay.'
NB: he has to pay to play because he's not the copyright holder, i.e. he owns 0% of the copyrights vs Jon who owns 50% of the copyrights to his BB songs as written by him and ? of the previous ones. Or maybe I didn't understand his song?

If any of you guys want to know how publishing/copyright works, look for articles from reliable sources, i.e. ASCAP
http://www.ascap.com/search/ascap-search#publishing

and here's a couple more that seem accurate:
- a very short (thus incomplete) and easy-to-understand explanation
http://help.songtrust.com/customer/p...ic-publishing-
- Retaining Your Master Rights Is Smart Business
http://blog.discmakers.com/2013/04/r...mart-business/
- Recording Rights & Publishing Rights: A Simple Explanation
http://tuneteams.com/blog/recording-...e-explanation/
Old 08-31-2015, 02:59 AM
Posting Always

Two points:

1. Do we have a tracklist with our best estimates of when each track was written?

2. If this album is a way of drawing a line under the relationship with Richie and the label, will this mean that future releases of old stuff (ie 80s and 90s demos) are unlikely?
26th June 2010, The O2 Arena, London.
8th June 2013, Manchester Ethiad Stadium.
19th June 2019, Liverpool Anfield Stadium.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via MSN to Jayster

I take it we've seen the chart positions? Number 3 in the UK and Australian album charts and 13 in US Billboard. Not bad for little to no promotion.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
June 21st 2008 - Hampden Park, Glasgow
December 10th 2010 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
December 11th 2010 - Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
December 14th 2013 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney
December 15th 2013 - Sydney Entertainment Centre
February 26th 2014 - Enmore Theatre, Sydney - Richie Sambora
Old 09-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
It was sold out in my local Wal Mart too which means they sold about 40 /50 copies.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I think they got about 5 copies.

The CD was never there to properly order.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 09-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Finally gave it a few listens this week after being afflicted with a man cold last week - rather nasty, any women here just wouldn't understand

Anyway, I really rather like it. It's always been more about Jon's voice than Richie's guitar playing for me, not that I don't value and appreciate it, so that wasn't a huge thing for me. That said, it definitely has a different non-Richie sound to it.

Only listened a few times so far, but I really like A Teardrop to the Sea, We Don't Run and Fingerprints. Burning Bridges is hilarious and a fantastic way to end the album. I'm still certain that was written and included with label consent, just to get people talking and give the album some organic cost free exposure, as well including it as a fun track to have.

If this is just an interim album before next year's big release, then that is one I very much looking forward to, and have high hopes for.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:47 AM
Jovi Fan

I think "Fingerprints" is about Falcon's wife who died of cancer in 91 when she was 29. He raised their daughter alone.
Lots of Falcon's songs are about his wife actually. For example, "When" from his last album.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Runaway

Arrow

Hey

I´ve got a question: Does exist any list or so, that says which song is chosen from which album? I would like to know for what album every of the songs was written originally. Does somebody know?

Es ist schwer Affen davon zu überzeugen, dass Erdbeeren süßer sind als Bananen!