View Single Post

Old 03-28-2024, 02:30 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
A new single on a regular radio station it's also important for letting know the new single to some people that also likes hear radios while they drive or people that are in shopping centers, some shops, and others places where they often have the radio on.
Exactly my thoughts. Power of radio is still strong today due to habits, commuting time, travelling, listening while working in office also, etc.

I will give example of Croatia, even though its a small market and perhaps not a generalization. But in regards to domestic (Croatian and Ex-Yugoslavia) new music released, often strong differentiation exist here between what's very popular on radio versus what people stream, exactly due to influence of record companies and their ties to program editors on prominent radio station. So on official chart there would be like several out of 10 songs in top10, that are nowhere to be found on real streaming (Billboard) lists of top40. In fact, this Billboard list is relatively new, and finally we have indication what is really popular (versus official charts of radio "hits").

In that line of thinking, I am somewhat perplexed by lack of Jovi radio power in last decade, at least in first few weeks when single is released, as Jovi has a major global company behind them. Of course, I'm not surprised by lack of hits, just perhaps so little radio time. Then again, I don't have any data on how much radio stations are playing their new singles, but it would show up on some charts if they did surely?