Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Thank You, Goodnight: The Bon Jovi Story, coming to Hulu

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 04-11-2024, 11:25 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Just imagine Jon and Richie sitting together, watching the first three episodes and the ice is slowly melting. Then Jon asks: "do you wanna watch episode 4 as well? It's about me at Musicares and our current album..." and Richie saying: "Nah, thanks, I'm good."
And we're back to 0...
Or Jon asks: “do you wanna watch the episode 4 as well? It's about me at Musicares and our current album..." and Richie says “mmmmmm idk it’s late, maybe i should go” and Jon says to Richie “ damnnnnnn, i only remember now that i have a bottle of Hampton Water in the Fridge, we could drink it while we see the episode 4” and then Richie says: “ fantastic, let’s see the next episode, i like this series….”

Be positive

Old 04-12-2024, 12:09 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
4th episode has only recently been completed. I think they added Musicares stuff in as well as the new album etc

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I was actually thinking about this today. It would kinda suck if it ended with, I'm not sure if I'll be able to sing/ perform again. Meanwhile, we have all seen the future

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2024, 03:35 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Longer version of ET online interview

https://www.etonline.com/jon-bon-jov...bora-exclusive
Old 04-14-2024, 09:22 PM
Breakout

Little clip of the documentary shared by NJGov on twitter to celebrate Bon Jovi day in NJ

https://twitter.com/NJGov/status/1779525028872147285
Old 04-15-2024, 02:44 AM
Jovi Addict

6:10 , Jon replying to the Journalist in a low voice about Richie after the highlighting: “you all know exactly why he didn’t show up”
Old 04-15-2024, 03:02 AM
Jovi Freak

He's bullshitting about Richie never having been in a room with the band ever since, though. So who know how true the rest of that is. Richie not showing up for 11 years is also like... he tried to!
Old 04-15-2024, 12:20 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
He's bullshitting about Richie never having been in a room with the band ever since, though. So who know how true the rest of that is. Richie not showing up for 11 years is also like... he tried to!
Jon sticking to his story on Richie suggests that Richie confirms Jon's version in the documentary. It would be stupid of Jon to continue with his narrative if the doc releases in two weeks with a completely different version. Or, the documentary is going to pass over this subject in 2 minutes, Jon says A, Richie says B, and "the band moves into a new chapter".
Old 04-15-2024, 03:40 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Jon sticking to his story on Richie suggests that Richie confirms Jon's version in the documentary. It would be stupid of Jon to continue with his narrative if the doc releases in two weeks with a completely different version. Or, the documentary is going to pass over this subject in 2 minutes, Jon says A, Richie says B, and "the band moves into a new chapter".
I've been thinking about this a lot. it's wild for Jon to consistently say his addictions had a lot to do with his ability to show up. It feels wild Richie hasn't done anything legal. Would this not be considered libel? I honestly don't know.
Old 04-15-2024, 03:59 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I've been thinking about this a lot. it's wild for Jon to consistently say his addictions had a lot to do with his ability to show up. It feels wild Richie hasn't done anything legal. Would this not be considered libel? I honestly don't know.
I'm not an expert on libel laws (across jurisdictions) but my understanding is that (1) it is not libel if it is true, and (2) there is a high burden on the claimant to show damages. If Richie ever tried to sue Jon, it would open discovery and Jon's legal team would gain access to lots of material that Richie probably wouldn't want made public (and would probably cause him to lose his case).

Unless Richie has spoken about it in the documentary (we don't know yet), it would probably be better for all involved for Jon not to say anything too concrete (which, to be fair, has almost always been the case - he always says something banal like 'there was no fight blah blah blah, being in a band is not a life sentence yack yack yack.')
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days
Old 04-15-2024, 04:22 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Libel cases are incredibly hard to win, especially in the US. Jon has never gone ham on Richie, so dropping little things about his addictions is not going to result in Richie being able to win a libel case. As another poster says, it would also open a can of worms.

I don't have a problem with Jon saying anything he says. Nor do I have issue with Richie firing back. I do hope the documentary clears this up though. However, the closer we get and Jon continues with his narrative, I think this subject will get glossed over quickly. I don't expect to come away from the documentary any wiser on this subject.

I mean, it would be wild if Richie says something that validates what Jon has been saying, or Jon says something that shows Richie's version is accurate.

Tags
thank you goodnight