Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The Richie Sambora & Orianthi album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 07-30-2016, 03:55 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J.F. View Post
I totally agree! What a poster! I wish we had a heart smilie because I think I'm in love with JackieBlue and I'm going to listen to all of the Aftermath. It will probably break my heart because Seven Years Gone already makes me sad enough.

And I'm sorry I just can't see them getting back together. Maybe if Richie and Orianthi hadn't gotten together, but if you were Richie who would you take Orianthi or Jon? My money is on Orianthi besides in that relationship Richie gets what he wants because he is the one that is in charge!
idk man... your best friend with whom you had a wonderful relationship through 30 years of your life... or a chick you've known for a couple years?
Well, but in any case the reason of the split wasn't about their relationship (I believe?), more about the band and Richie's discontentment with all.
I think.

Concerts I will always keep in my mind and heart:

Iron Maiden - Recife, Brasil, March 31 2009
Bon Jovi - Morumbi Stadium, São Paulo, Brasil -October 6 2010
Iron Maiden - Recife, Brasil, April 3 2011
Paul McCartney - Recife, Brasil, April 21 and 22 2012
Iron Maiden - Fortaleza, Brasil, March 23 2016

Last edited by luceknight; 07-30-2016 at 04:21 AM..
Old 07-30-2016, 04:23 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by luceknight View Post
idk man... your best friend with whom you had a wonderful relationship through 30 years of your life... or a chick you've known for a couple years?
Well, but in any case the reason of the split wasn't about their intimate relationship (I believe?), more about the band and Richie's discontentment with all.
I think.
First of all, they are not and never were best friends... No matter what BS Jon pours out of mouth...

Second, the 'chick' came after the fact, almost a year later

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2016, 04:50 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
First of all, they are not and never were best friends... No matter what BS Jon pours out of mouth...

Second, the 'chick' came after the fact, almost a year later

not saying she was the cause of the split, hey... read what I wrote.
But srsly? You gonna say everything they said about being close friends in every ****ing interview... is just BS? Really?

But anyway, that's not what really matters. To determine if Richie would get back to the band or not, if he's with Orianthi or not.
Its bigger than that, I think.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:51 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by luceknight View Post
not saying she was the cause of the split, hey... read what I wrote.
But srsly? You gonna say everything they said about being close friends in every ****ing interview... is just BS? Really?

But anyway, that's not what really matters. To determine if Richie would get back to the band or not, if he's with Orianthi or not.
Its bigger than that, I think.
And the band are all Blood Brothers too...

Old 07-30-2016, 05:23 AM
Dry County

not saying are at the moment... at least were.

aaaaanyway. who am I to affirm anything, I know nothing.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:46 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherGuy View Post
Orianthi & richie sambora live brazil 10/07/2016(full show completo - YouTube

This is a full show, look at min 27 for Stranger and 55 for IBTFY for example.
But if you don't like him in general it's a different thing.
I just watched him do Stranger in 2001 and I think it's not that far from it, of course it ain't like 1991 but still.
I saw Richie back in 2012 at Shepherds Bush Empire,was a fantastic night,comparable to his better days,and now Ive just watched this full video and all I can say it a ****ing crap.
Im screwed,the man I have idolized my whole life is over.
All I have seen in that video is the character that Jeff Bridges played in the movie "Crazy Heart".
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 07-30-2016, 04:05 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
I saw Richie back in 2012 at Shepherds Bush Empire,was a fantastic night,comparable to his better days,and now Ive just watched this full video and all I can say it a ****ing crap.
All I have seen in that video is the character that Jeff Bridges played in the movie "Crazy Heart".

Some we like more Jeff Bridges than Colin Farrell.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:18 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J.F. View Post
I get your points as well. Those of us that are being entertained do tend to forget it isn't called the music business for nothing. Sports are a business as well. A player can't really say I'm not interested in this game so I'm going to skip it. Or if they did there would be consequences that they would have to face.

And since as promised I'm listening to Aftermath it is indeed all right there clear as day. Richie was indeed already gone from Bon Jovi before he actually left.
Yes it is a business: JackieBlue likes to blow a lot of smoke but her timelines don't add up. I'm not buying her "Poor Richie Was Worked To Death" pity party.

The Greatest Hits tour ended July 31st 2011. Jon always vacations with his family during August and September... So that's when Richie first had off.

Jon started writing after his family vacation for a possible acoustic style solo album. Jon also did the Stand Up Guy tracks. Richie had PLENTY of time off. He used that time to start a solo album...

Yes, there was a window where Richie had to put his solo album on hold to work on WAN... He's only credited as a writer on 5 of the 12 tracks. However, just like this new album, WAN was completed close to year before it's release date...

Jon worked with Shanks on finishing the album, Richie finished his solo album... Jon vacations in August / September 2012. Aftermath was released in September 2012, Richie promoted it. The WAN tour kicked off in February 2013. So even during that period alone (August 2012 to February 2013), Richie had off 6 months.

In summary, Time off from Tour to Tour was July 31st 2011 through February 10th 2013. A Year and a Half... Lets assume that within that time, Richie contributed 4 or 5 months to WAN. He still had over a year off... He had off 6 months, worked for 5 on WAN, and had off another 7. He maximized that time with a solo album and promo. Good for him but knew the deal. They needed to get two albums and tours out by 2015. It's just one of the pitfalls of being a highly successful band...

Like I stated prior. I get both sides...
Old 07-30-2016, 04:29 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Yes it is a business: JackieBlue likes to blow a lot of smoke but her timelines don't add up. I'm not buying her "Poor Richie Was Worked To Death" pity party.

The Greatest Hits tour ended July 31st 2011. Jon always vacations with his family during August and September... So that's when Richie first had off.

Jon started writing after his family vacation for a possible acoustic style solo album. Jon also did the Stand Up Guy tracks. Richie had PLENTY of time off. He used that time to start a solo album...

Yes, there was a window where Richie had to put his solo album on hold to work on WAN... He's only credited as a writer on 5 of the 12 tracks. However, just like this new album, WAN was completed close to year before it's release date...

Jon worked with Shanks on finishing the album, Richie finished his solo album... Jon vacations in August / September 2012. Aftermath was released in September 2012, Richie promoted it. The WAN tour kicked off in February 2013. So even during that period alone (August 2012 to February 2013), Richie had off 6 months.

In summary, Time off from Tour to Tour was July 31st 2011 through February 10th 2013. A Year and a Half... Lets assume that within that time, Richie contributed 4 or 5 months to WAN. He still had over a year off... He had off 6 months, worked for 5 on WAN, and had off another 7. He maximized that time with a solo album and promo. Good for him but knew the deal. They needed to get two albums and tours out by 2015. It's just one of the pitfalls of being a highly successful band...

Like I stated prior. I get both sides...
That's the problem, if Richie breaks the deal is bad, if Jon breaks the deal is the fault of others, by giving in to the pressures of the boss. The origin of all this mess was the broken promise of Jon regarding rest time. His last tour (The Circle/Open Air Tour) lasted 2 years, do not forget.

Jon is the boss, is the ceo, you can blame the employee, but here's a big mistake that comes from a more important position.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 07-30-2016 at 04:32 PM..
Old 07-30-2016, 04:45 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
Man, I think everything is relative. I remember about 6-8 months ago there was a video of him not even able to play LOAP solo at one gig, and sounded really bad on other videos.
2012 indeed was a great year for him, he was youthfull during the interviews as well, but in my opinion he is getting better now and not worse. Seems like the crowd was having a great time.

Tags
orianthi, richie sambora