Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The Richie Sambora & Orianthi album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 07-30-2016, 06:11 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
That's the problem, if Richie breaks the deal is bad, if Jon breaks the deal is the fault of others, by giving in to the pressures of the boss. The origin of all this mess was the broken promise of Jon regarding rest time. His last tour (The Circle/Open Air Tour) lasted 2 years, do not forget.

Jon is the boss, is the ceo, you can blame the employee, but here's a big mistake that comes from a more important position.
There are two ways to look at it...

Jon is a workaholic machine which is not a bad thing. It's Jon's band and he calls the shots... Richie is a hired gun and get's paid quite well for it too. Without Jon, none of that band would have the career that they had, making the money that they do...

Even during tours, Jon makes sure that they take off months between legs and weeks periodically during...

Yes, a highly successful band like Bon Jovi is a continuum. But I just proved that between albums and tours, these guys get a significant amount of time off... 6 months is a long time. Jon also works on other projects outside the band. He did New Years Eve a few years ago, does solo performances, wrote for the Stand Up Guy Soundtrack, not to mention all his charity work...

If poor Richie wants to spend three years in Hawaii with his daughter, then he is with the wrong guy but lets not forget why he could afford to do that. If it wasn't for Jon, he'd be hanging out with Kip Winger's guitar player and all the other washed up 80's guitar players on some local beach in New Jersey. Hawaii wouldn't even be an option.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:29 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
His last tour (The Circle/Open Air Tour) lasted 2 years, do not forget.
TC Tour and Greatest Hits tour lasted a years and half with significant time off between legs (7 months)...See Below:

(This doesn't include all the days/weeks between shows either)

Start: February 10th 2010 - April 22 (2.5 Months)

1 Month Off

May 19th - July 31st (2.25 Months)

2 Months Off

September 24th - October 31 (1.25 Months)
Note - They only played 9 gigs during this leg

1 Month Off

November 9th - December 19th (2 months)
(Note - They only played 3 gigs in November)

2 Months Off

(GH Tour) February 9th to March 26th 2011 (2 Months)

1 Month Off

April 30th - May 22nd (1 Month)

2 Weeks Off

June 8th - July 31st (2 months)

Last edited by Rdkopper; 07-30-2016 at 06:31 PM..
Old 07-30-2016, 09:11 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
TC Tour and Greatest Hits tour lasted a years and half with significant time off between legs (7 months)...See Below:

(This doesn't include all the days/weeks between shows either)

Start: February 10th 2010 - April 22 (2.5 Months)

1 Month Off

May 19th - July 31st (2.25 Months)

2 Months Off

September 24th - October 31 (1.25 Months)
Note - They only played 9 gigs during this leg

1 Month Off

November 9th - December 19th (2 months)
(Note - They only played 3 gigs in November)

2 Months Off

(GH Tour) February 9th to March 26th 2011 (2 Months)

1 Month Off

April 30th - May 22nd (1 Month)

2 Weeks Off

June 8th - July 31st (2 months)
It was a great tour. But back to the beginning, Jon promised the boys a period of longer break between the last tour and recording the next album. I think everyone is guilty of the situation. But there is only one boss.

the meaning of rocking here

Jon should bring these songs back to the setlist, and forget things like Lost Highway, We Go it Going On, What About Now, Because We Can ...... But that is another story.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:37 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

We only know what we're told. We're told there was a tour, we're told Richie decided he didn't want to be a part of it after it started. If something happened behind closed doors and Richie begged it not to happen it hasn't been confirmed. Rolo your glasses are tinted so Richie you're unable to just not blame Jon. I'm not blaming Jon or blaming Richie, it's not our job to play detective and piece things together. We just go by the info we're given. Had Richie not done the tour at all or left after the tour I just can guarantee we'd be talking about him differently.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:38 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

RDK isn't pulling the fact of contractual obligations of albums out of his ass. We know for a fact that Burning Bridges was a contractual obligation to fulfill the contract with Universal. Therefore, by logical reasoning we know for a fact that What About Now was also a contractual obligation since they still owed the label one more album (BB) after it. There are timelines involved in those contracts as well. The band had a job to do and a timeline in which to do it.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:57 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
RDK isn't pulling the fact of contractual obligations of albums out of his ass. We know for a fact that Burning Bridges was a contractual obligation to fulfill the contract with Universal. Therefore, by logical reasoning we know for a fact that What About Now was also a contractual obligation since they still owed the label one more album (BB) after it. There are timelines involved in those contracts as well. The band had a job to do and a timeline in which to do it.
Good point, but I still think that we wouldn't have needed to rush that much with What About Now. There were (I can remember one from Tico) statements Jon said they would take a longer break after the 2010/11 tour. Had Jon been obliged to deliver an album by the date of early 2013 he wouldn't have said that. This man knows the business like the back of his pocket and he was trying to convince Tico to start playing on demo tracks in late 2011 (which Tico rejected).
I'm pretty sure a solo album would've done the job at that point as well. They went from 1995 up until 2000 without the release of a band album and it worked with Jon doing DA inbetween. But you can't make that much money from a solo tour and if you want to buy an NFL team really bad, you need to push the next record in order to have an excuse to go on tour.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:21 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Thank You Becky!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2016, 11:27 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Good point, but I still think that we wouldn't have needed to rush that much with What About Now. There were (I can remember one from Tico) statements Jon said they would take a longer break after the 2010/11 tour. Had Jon been obliged to deliver an album by the date of early 2013 he wouldn't have said that. This man knows the business like the back of his pocket and he was trying to convince Tico to start playing on demo tracks in late 2011 (which Tico rejected).
I'm pretty sure a solo album would've done the job at that point as well. They went from 1995 up until 2000 without the release of a band album and it worked with Jon doing DA inbetween. But you can't make that much money from a solo tour and if you want to buy an NFL team really bad, you need to push the next record in order to have an excuse to go on tour.
All true! I think the band members expected a longer break and I think that was the intention... Jon rushed the album and like this new album, it was completed way before it's release date... They could have delayed the start of WAN and still met the same release date... Jon probably wanted to get it done...

Maybe a solo album by Jon and a band tour to promote it could have worked... but maybe the band members wouldn't want that...

I think part of their contract is to tour an album which would kinda explain the mini tour they did to promote BB...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2016, 11:36 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

They went into What About Now's cycle knowing that they owed the label two albums (which would usually indicate the band would do two tours) by the end of 2015. So if they had NOT released What About Now, how crammed together would those last two albums/tours have been? Doesn't it make sense to have spread them out hypothetically looking into the future assuming there wouldn't have been a break in the band lineup by releasing What About Now when it was released? Otherwise, the band would have been completely exhausted NOW because they would be on a tour supporting whatever album that quickly came out after a later-released-later-toured What About Now.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:44 PM
The Distance

Quote:
They went into What About Now's cycle knowing that they owed the label two albums (which would usually indicate the band would do two tours) by the end of 2015. So if they had NOT released What About Now, how crammed together would those last two albums/tours have been? Doesn't it make sense to have spread them out hypothetically looking into the future assuming there wouldn't have been a break in the band lineup by releasing What About Now when it was released? Otherwise, the band would have been completely exhausted NOW because they would be on a tour supporting whatever album that quickly came out after a later-released-later-toured What About Now.
It would be interesting to know...

I'd like to know with each contract, if it requires a certain amount of new material and certain amount of compilations... Did the Box Set count as 4 albums? Did the GH's count as 2? There were times when Jon stated that the record co wanted a GHs with some extra tracks and that turned into an album...

Hopefully Jon set-up a nice deal moving forward so we'll get some more vault stuff... I'd love a live album with unreleased live tracks like the Soul Truth, Life's Too Short, Cadillac Man, Etc

Tags
orianthi, richie sambora