Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The Richie Sambora & Orianthi album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 06-16-2016, 06:43 PM
The Distance

If Stranger didn't sell at a time when albums actually did sell and when Bon Jovi were in their prime, it's a safe bet that this album might sell 100 copies...

Albums are now just a tool used to drive the promotion. Touring, Exposure, Social Media, Streaming, I-Tunes, Etc all starts with the album. This is more about fame than fortune at this point... It'll give Richie some well needed attention...

I think if Richie wanted to spark more attention, a double album could definitely do so... Disk 1 being the duets and Disk 2 being strictly Richie... They are not going to be mass producing these and the real cost is in the packaging... They'll probably press/burn 10 thousand copies so I can't see it being much more to burn a second disk...
Old 06-16-2016, 06:49 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Pretty much. This isn't me dogging on Richie. For as much as he and everyone can say the North American tour got cancelled due to getting sick, it was low seat sales. I saw the seating charts in Toronto, blue seats a-plenty on the floor. If it was just sickness it would have been rescheduled and that was 3+ years ago.

The interest isn't there for the guy for whatever reason you want to use. He's going to have to rebuild a fanbase and coming right out the gate with a double album is frigging lofty as hell when people aren't selling single albums all that well.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:10 PM
Price of posting

I do not think a double album, kill the sales in the current state of Richie album, I think it would be better. A lot of artists/bands as Richie, can release double albums, live or with material faces b, I think when you're going to release an album with an independent label, everything is possible, because they are not betting to debut at the top 10 of the billboard.

I think Richie and Ori take out a double album in physical format will have a limited number of copies (Maybe the album double is just on special limited edition), but iTunes does the rest. Aftermath of the Lowdown had a limited edition that included a lot of things.

the Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set which features a 13 3/4" x 12 1/2" bonded leather smith sewn book with an embossed Richie Sambora image on the cover along with a 2 color foil stamp of Richie's custom guitar strap, the entire record over 3 sides of 180 gram vinyl with the 4th side featuring an etching of the Richie Sambora silhouette, the compact disc, 16 pages of photography from famed photographer James Minchin as well as an autographed lithograph taken from those sessions and a Richie's T-shirt;
the Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set which features a 13 3/4" x 12 1/2" bonded leather smith sewn book with an embossed Richie Sambora image on the cover along with a 2 color foil stamp of Richie's custom guitar strap, the entire record over 3 sides of 180 gram vinyl with the 4th side featuring an etching of the Richie Sambora silhouette, the compact disc, 16 pages of photography from famed photographer James Minchin as well as an autographed lithograph taken from those sessions, in addition to the box set this bundle includes the Richie Sambora zip up hoodie.

Or maybe they are two albums, the vol 1 launch this year, and Volume 2 next year..

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-16-2016 at 07:14 PM..
Old 06-16-2016, 07:24 PM
Price of posting

Another question. There will be guest artists or others musicians? and ... What will be your full live band?
Old 06-16-2016, 10:20 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I do not think a double album, kill the sales in the current state of Richie album, I think it would be better. A lot of artists/bands as Richie, can release double albums, live or with material faces b, I think when you're going to release an album with an independent label, everything is possible, because they are not betting to debut at the top 10 of the billboard.

I think Richie and Ori take out a double album in physical format will have a limited number of copies (Maybe the album double is just on special limited edition), but iTunes does the rest. Aftermath of the Lowdown had a limited edition that included a lot of things.

the Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set which features a 13 3/4" x 12 1/2" bonded leather smith sewn book with an embossed Richie Sambora image on the cover along with a 2 color foil stamp of Richie's custom guitar strap, the entire record over 3 sides of 180 gram vinyl with the 4th side featuring an etching of the Richie Sambora silhouette, the compact disc, 16 pages of photography from famed photographer James Minchin as well as an autographed lithograph taken from those sessions and a Richie's T-shirt;
the Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set which features a 13 3/4" x 12 1/2" bonded leather smith sewn book with an embossed Richie Sambora image on the cover along with a 2 color foil stamp of Richie's custom guitar strap, the entire record over 3 sides of 180 gram vinyl with the 4th side featuring an etching of the Richie Sambora silhouette, the compact disc, 16 pages of photography from famed photographer James Minchin as well as an autographed lithograph taken from those sessions, in addition to the box set this bundle includes the Richie Sambora zip up hoodie.

Or maybe they are two albums, the vol 1 launch this year, and Volume 2 next year..
You're using Aftermath as an example, an album that had troubles selling. It was on a label that didn't promote the album. You'll need a profitable example to back up your idea. Just because they can afford to make it doesn't mean they'll have people will buy it, ESPECIALLY on an independent record label's budget. Making this a double album, unless they have the smallest overhead to make it somehow profitable, is such a far off idea.

I have to assume Richie is paying out of pocket for the last 3 years of recording (I know I know, 2 with Ori, 3 over all). There's not a label out there that could be funding this and keeping it going. We're not talking Hysteria, a long process working on the same album. This is constant material changing hands, musicians and producers to find the sound.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:15 PM
Blaze of Posting

It always amazes me how far a simple comment can go. "Yeah we have about 2 albums worth of material" = "Double album yeeyy!". It's never gonna happen, it's never been said that it's gonna happen, the most you can hope for is for some of the rest of the material to be made available online in some way. Official or unofficially...
Old 06-28-2016, 08:16 AM
Price of posting

Richie Sambora, 56, enjoys St. Barts holiday with gf and daughter

http://dailym.ai/28Y84ik
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 06-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Thinly veiled excuse for the Daily Mail to post bikini pics of Ava
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 06-28-2016, 01:16 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
But besides that...she's become a beautiful woman!
Old 06-28-2016, 07:48 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
"Thinly veiled...bikini pics?" Well played -- the Daily Mail should hire you!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Tags
orianthi, richie sambora