Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Bells Of Freedom = This Ain't A Love Song (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=32619)

Belle_of_Freedom 07-22-2006 11:20 AM

Are those rhetorical questions?

A lot of Bon Jovi songs have the same formula, I think, it doesn't make them any less terrific, if not PERFECT. They are at the very least catchy this way. BUT, back on topic.

I tried that, and yeah, it does sound SIMILAR, but, I REALLY LIKE both songs. I mean, TAALS is about (or could be interpreted as) a painful break up (just like Nicotene, the rest of These Days, & all of 7800 F), BOF...I always thought that was about Kerry's loosing to Bush, but, I don't know, that's just the spin I want to give it. I don't see how it's cheesy. BUT, anyway, they have almost the same amount of sylables to the meter, but, more importantly, the notes fluctuate the same. Maybe not the same notes (not that great with notes and music as such), but, they go up and down at the same time and compliment each other VERY nicely. :)

*sigh* Alright, let the flaming begin. I know I don't have enough posts here to make these types of statements, but, this is what I honestly think.

gazthomas 07-22-2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle_of_Freedom
Are those rhetorical questions?
I tried that, and yeah, it does sound SIMILAR, but, I REALLY LIKE both songs. I mean, TAALS is about (or could be interpreted as) a painful break up (just like Nicotene, .

NICOTINE?????????????

WTF??

novocaine? lol

Belle_of_Freedom 07-22-2006 06:49 PM

^^ Ah, crap! Thanks, dude. I was thinking "Novocaine" and "Last Cigarrette"...I guess this is what I get with the hybrid. XD

The Human Equation 07-22-2006 06:57 PM

Same happens to Only Lonely and She Don't Know Me...

LAAAAAAAAAAAACK of Imagination...

Jeez...

gazthomas 07-22-2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle_of_Freedom
^^ Ah, crap! Thanks, dude. I was thinking "Novocaine" and "Last Cigarrette"...I guess this is what I get with the hybrid. XD

at least it made me laugh lol

Iceman 07-22-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Human Equation
Same happens to Only Lonely and She Don't Know Me...

LAAAAAAAAAAAACK of Imagination...

Jeez...

Except that they're in different key, have different melodies, other is in minor and other in major and Jon didn't write the other one. You must have mighty imagination to make those two the same.

Now, Story Of My Life and Last Cigarette are the same. Same chords, same key, same tempo, same melody. THAT's a lack of imagination.

Ice

gazthomas 07-23-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Except that they're in different key, have different melodies, other is in minor and other in major and Jon didn't write the other one. You must have mighty imagination to make those two the same.

Now, Story Of My Life and Last Cigarette are the same. Same chords, same key, same tempo, same melody. THAT's a lack of imagination.

Ice

yeh i noticed that about sOFL and LC still good songs

JoviGirl 08-17-2006 01:28 PM

"Hearts Breaking Even" is far superior to any of the songs mentioned in the formula, musically. I think part of the comparison here lies in the fact that HBE, TAALS, and BOF are all written in 6/8 time. Or I am just drunk.

Iceman 08-17-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviGirl
"Hearts Breaking Even" is far superior to any of the songs mentioned in the formula, musically. I think part of the comparison here lies in the fact that HBE, TAALS, and BOF are all written in 6/8 time. Or I am just drunk.

HBE has a different chord sequence. TAALS and BOF have exactly the same, in different keys though.

Ice

mellyjovi 08-27-2006 10:34 PM

I am just now getting to replying to this. I do like TAALS. However, I like Bells of Freedom better. "Bells" actually was just "okay" for me at first.

It's after listening to the words closer that I realized how much this song means.

mellyjovi