Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Let's rate: THINFS, the abum (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69729)

Walleris 10-26-2016 08:31 AM

Let's rate: THINFS, the abum

The leak is out, so you know what time it is.

Personally, I'm listening to it for the first time as I write this, so I'll update this post with my opinion once I have one.

For reference, here's how people initially rated What About Now. If there were similar threads for other albums (key thing being initial ratings), feel free to add them, I couldn't find it.
http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/ne...ssions-t55110/

thesedays2014 10-26-2016 08:38 AM

Just as I remembered, but got slack off other members for saying so... the majority gave WAN an 8 [emoji30][emoji30]. I've only heard the live versions of THINFS, hope to get the leak later...based on live shows, I'll give it a 5 because Bon Jovi is my favourite band. If it were an unknown band, I wouldn't even listen. Hope the leak changes my mind [emoji6]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

ezearis 10-26-2016 08:40 AM

I'm shocked I gave WAN an 8.

Walleris 10-26-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1211698)
I'm shocked I gave WAN an 8.

That kind of taints your '10' for THINFS, doesn't it :D

ezearis 10-26-2016 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1211699)
That kind of taints your '10' for THINFS, doesn't it :D

I believe this is great for nowadays Bon Jovi. By giving it a 10, I'm not saying by all means that this is These Days or New Jersey tier, but the album is pretty good, and as most said in other threads, it has some great songwriting.

I have two (YES TWO) midterms tomorrow and I'm studying right now (3:44 AM), but as soon as I finish I'll give it a real slow listen and make a real review.

But yeah, if a 10 is amazing, that's how I felt on the first listen :D

Maybe in a few weeks (or after a real review) the score will go down.

Bleeding Purist 10-26-2016 09:09 AM

I'm not going to rate it just yet. At this point, it's very much about mentally reconstructing it as a full album. I've been learning these songs via early single song releases on streaming services and digital stores, live performances, and 1:30 minute sample clips. Once upon a time, we'd only have heard the first single/video and then heard the entire album for the first time. Now it's the last part of the process. At this point, the tracks are individual. I need to have the track sequence and how each track is tied to the one preceding and following it fully burned in to my consciousness.

I don't remember how I rated WAN. I remember there was a lot of beating up on the board over the initial positive reaction to it. I don't think it deserves the negative backlash it gets though. It was still an album that showed Jon still had it in him with a number of the tracks eligible for classic status. In the scheme of the catalog, it adds some great tracks.

However, I had immediate reservations about WAN where I don't with THINFS. I can't tell you the last time I actually loved all 4 single releases (technicalities aside for what qualifies as an official single.) Yes, Knockout took some time..but frankly, try blasting that in your car and singing that chorus. As Savvi said, it's ridiculously fun to sing.. and here I was initially annoyed by the chorus.

I don't think rating THINFS extremely high is going to be regretted. This one is special.

steel_horse75 10-26-2016 10:05 AM

10?? - if you say 10 then you are putting in on par with New Jersey, SWW and These Days

Kukoc7 10-26-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1211726)
10?? - if you say 10 then you are putting in on par with New Jersey, SWW and These Days

10!!
After listening to all seventeen tracks a second time the entire way through,
I'm comfortable with putting it in that category right at this moment.
Looking forward to the remaining track/s.
Amazing time to be a Bon Jovi fan.

BonJovi100 10-26-2016 10:23 AM

For me it's easilly 10 for me. I just love it like I love Hand, NJ, TDays, Crush or DAnywhere

Matrix15 10-26-2016 11:39 AM

I just felt need the need to write somwthing here.