Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 04-26-2013, 01:59 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Anyone else a little suprised TMZ or "the media" hasn't found Richie out & about or in a rehab or anywhere? The paps (scary as it is) seem to always find celebs.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:10 AM
Dry County

Send a message via MSN to LeaJovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill23 View Post
Anyone else a little suprised TMZ or "the media" hasn't found Richie out & about or in a rehab or anywhere? The paps (scary as it is) seem to always find celebs.
Thats exactly why I dont think rehab is the reason.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:12 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill23 View Post
I think they probably think they got their story and that's that. Other than the initial shock of it, I don't think Bon Jovi or Richie are very high on their "get" list for celebs. I think they would snap away if the opportunity arose, but they are not actively pursuing him. (He was just dropping his daughter off at school this morning, if he was being "chased" by paps, they would have gotten a shot at some point)
Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post

1. In 2007 Richie's stint in "rehab" was actually just a one week detox at a hospital in LA. The announcement of him not touring this leg was on April 2, a little over 3 weeks ago. He could have just entered the same type of 7 day detox program followed by therapy, which would explain him being around and available to drive Ava to school today.

3. The fact that Matt has insisted that the TMZ article is completely off with this one, explicitly said Jon and Richie are not fighting, said it's up to Richie to make an official statement and he "WILL be back on the road" squashes the whole gag order theory. I know Matt is theoretically a nobody, but he still works for the organization and cannot make statements like that (whether they be true or false) if there is some sort of take our secrets to the grave clause. He would simply say "personal reasons" and leave it at that, not reassure his twitter followers that the fighting rumors are bullshit and that he'll be back for the European shows.
These two points I agree with. I find it interesting that during this whole time Ava didn't tweet any pictures or video of Richie, even a 2 sec one like today just to confirm that he wasn't in rehab. Just because she did today doesn't mean that he wasn't. He could have been and came home.

Think about it, they say this leg. The first time we see Richie is the end of this leg of the tour ( last show tonight) next leg ready to begin, Richie should be back.

The point about Matt is valid too. I know that he doesn't care what the fans think of him but he has been adamant that Richie will be back, no beating around the bush or secret messages. Richie is back. Jon has been on the Ellen show a few times. They have mutual respect for each other, I don't think he would lie on the show. So it does look like a case of he will be back but only Richie knows when.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:24 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviJovi View Post
I think they probably think they got their story and that's that. Other than the initial shock of it, I don't think Bon Jovi or Richie are very high on their "get" list for celebs. I think they would snap away if the opportunity arose, but they are not actively pursuing him. (He was just dropping his daughter off at school this morning, if he was being "chased" by paps, they would have gotten a shot at some point)
Good point. Maybe the collective "rock n roll world" or the "paparazzi world" just isn't that interested....only us die hards are!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:31 AM
Next 100 Posts

RS just tweeted ... 10:30 EDT

Hey everyone, starting to review all the contest stuff... Really having fun.. Thank you for all the entries....

Guess he's probably not going to make a surprise appearance in San Jose then. :-/

Kinda competing with all the official BJ tweets about the stream, too.

Last edited by jdanielross; 04-26-2013 at 04:35 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 04:43 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanielross View Post
RS just tweeted ... 10:30 EDT

Hey everyone, starting to review all the contest stuff... Really having fun.. Thank you for all the entries....

Guess he's probably not going to make a surprise appearance in San Jose then. :-/

Kinda competing with all the official BJ tweets about the stream, too.
WTF? I understand people have their hard work out there, but THIS is what Richie is tweeting about tonight??
Old 04-26-2013, 05:05 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviJovi View Post
WTF? I understand people have their hard work out there, but THIS is what Richie is tweeting about tonight??
Yes. He is out of detox, took his daughter to school this morning, and is now watching his contest videos.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by efiste2 View Post
I feel badly let down by Jon and his machine..and no longer see Richie as the bad man, he is a music man first and foremost, where as Jon has turned into a corparate man, whilst he can be a music man for those 2-3 hours on stage, off stage he is as we all know him, The CEO of a big company!!! certainly not the ROCKSTAR we all used to know...looking like a sad day for al of us loyal fans.....
If that was the case, then I would have applauded Richie for doing it before the tour. I don't care how musically altruistic his reasons were, pulling out in the middle of the tour when hundreds of jobs depend on you and thousands of tickets have already been bought isn't something I can respect. (If it is the case)
Old 04-26-2013, 05:10 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
Yes. He is out of detox, took his daughter to school this morning, and is now watching his contest videos.
Why post it minutes before your bands show is supposed to start? He had all day to post.