Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic View Post
Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora 1m

Music is a relationship. I've tried my heart out to give you all that is inside me. All I can say is Aftermath is the path to know who I am.
And let the games begin... People will now start the bitchin' again about how clueless he is and how his tweets don't make sense. They make perfect sense if critics would let go of their pissed-off-ness long enough to even try to understand. But that takes too much effort, I guess. It's probably easier to just read it on the surface and let it reconfirm their own preconceived notions. Notions, I might add, that reflect more about their motivations than Richie's.

3, 2, 1...
Old 07-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic View Post
Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora 1m

Music is a relationship. I've tried my heart out to give you all that is inside me. All I can say is Aftermath is the path to know who I am.
To me he is sounding really weird and slightly desperate with these recent Tweets.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via ICQ to jessycardy Send a message via MSN to jessycardy

I get everything, but this is ridiculous. In life, everything is a consequence of something else. If a vase falls from a balcony onto my head and I die, who's at fault? The owner of the vase, who didn't secure it properly. But hey, come to think of it, if I hadn't met that neighbor and he hadn't engaged into a conversation with me 5 minutes prior to it, I would have just kept on walking and the vase would have fallen onto someone else's head. See where this game leads? Nowhere, but it gets to VERY heavy and dangerous assumptions. And I'm done on this issue.

As for Richie's tweet. Same as before. I don't know anymore. Confused as ****.
night after night after night after night"

Bon Jovi - Dry County

Last edited by jessycardy; 07-10-2013 at 07:17 PM..
Old 07-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
And let the games begin... People will now start the bitchin' again about how clueless he is and how his tweets don't make sense. They make perfect sense if critics would let go of their pissed-off-ness long enough to even try to understand. But that takes too much effort, I guess. It's probably easier to just read it on the surface and let it reconfirm their own preconceived notions. Notions, I might add, that reflect more about their motivations than Richie's.

3, 2, 1...
Even if it was a decent offering, those tweets still make me cringe. If a record is that good, it will stand up for itself. No Richie, I don't need to listen to sugar daddy to get your "artistic vision and soul"

What a load of cheesy claptrap and that's nothing to do with his no show this summer.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:15 PM
These Days

Every time this guy tweets I respect him even less and less. He can really go **** himself, simple as that. Fans are worried about the band and all he do is tweet about his solo stuff, the one that he also doesn't care because he didn't choose the winner for the ERLHTY Contest!

He's just a really old man behaving in a more immature way than a 5 years old.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 07-10-2013, 07:34 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jule225 View Post
Maybe he's finally starting to realize most people aren't happy with him. This tweet sounds defensive to me.
People started laying into him less than 2 hours after the news hit on April 2nd and haven't let up since. And that's on this thread alone. Does anybody REALLY think he hasn't been aware of the attitude of his "fans" since Day One?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
What the **** are you jabbering on about?
My post was pretty easy to figure out, RE: Richie is an idiot, but this board's been fun because of it. I'm sure if anyone else posted it you might have comprehended it immediately. But since you have some sort of strange, misguided vendetta against me, you decided to use your limited intellect to try to... intimidate me? Something? I'm not sure. Anyways, **** off. Also, your profile picture is really, really, really LAME.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
People started laying into him less than 2 hours after the news hit on April 2nd and haven't let up since. And that's on this thread alone. Does anybody REALLY think he hasn't been aware of the attitude of his "fans" since Day One?
And how can you think his recent bizarre tweets are anything other than some desperate attempt to defend his dishonorable withdrawal from the tour and his subsequent grade-school spat with JBJ? Come on bo. We're just calling it how it is.

Richie isn't some poor defenseless 'artistic soul' who got bullied by that big bad Jonny boy. Just like JBJ isn't just a 'perfectionist' (how could anyone who sings like that and be so lazy with his voice be a perfectionist???). He's just a big asshole. Enough with the euphemisms. Everyone's coming across like a schmuck in this situation. But lately, especially Richie.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I still think his absence is somehow related to his feelings about 'Aftermath' versus 'WAN'.

I remember seeing a YouTube video of some Bon Jovi fans/radio DJs --(it may have been posted here, as well) --where they talked about 'WAN' and Richie's disappearance from the tour. They said they had seen a few shows on the first leg, when Richie was still there, and that they had been standing near the front of stage, where they had a full view of Richie. They had said that when a 'WAN' song came up, that Richie had been rolling his eyes and looking bored. By contrast, they said when he played one of the classic songs with more guitar solos, he just "lit up".

Aside from that issue, there's the matter that, unlike previous tours, in this tour, Richie only once got to sing during a solo spot (and perhaps not coincidentally, it was the last show he did (Lubbock, Texas). and the song was not one of his solo songs, but the old Bon Jovi standby, "IBTFY". I can't help but wonder if the fact he quit after that 'swan song' --is telling.

When Richie was promoting "Aftermath", he kept saying, "I was a front man in all of the bands I was in before Bon Jovi, and I missed it." Whether you love or hate 'Aftermath', Richie apparently feels proud of it and that it most clearly expresses where he is personally and as an artist.

These latest Tweets about 'Aftermath', if read in a defensive way, suggests to me that he is hurt that perhaps a lot of Bon Jovi fans only want to acknowledge him in that role and not as an artist in his own right. They want him back in the band regardless of his reasons for being out of it at the moment.

The vibe I got from 'Aftermath' as a whole was that it was a confessional album, but also a hopeful album. It was personal.

By contrast, 'WAN' seems to me to be an impersonal album, filled with observational songs and platitudes.

Maybe Richie's heart is so attuned to what he wrote in 'Aftermath' that he thinks it should have had a place on this tour. When it didn't (and not only that, but he didn't get /any/ solo time except for the Lubbock show) --maybe that was the last straw for him.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterytrain View Post
I still think his absence is somehow related to his feelings about 'Aftermath' versus 'WAN'.

I remember seeing a YouTube video of some Bon Jovi fans/radio DJs --(it may have been posted here, as well) --where they talked about 'WAN' and Richie's disappearance from the tour. They said they had seen a few shows on the first leg, when Richie was still there, and that they had been standing near the front of stage, where they had a full view of Richie. They had said that when a 'WAN' song came up, that Richie had been rolling his eyes and looking bored. By contrast, they said when he played one of the classic songs with more guitar solos, he just "lit up".

Aside from that issue, there's the matter that, unlike previous tours, in this tour, Richie only once got to sing during a solo spot (and perhaps not coincidentally, it was the last show he did (Lubbock, Texas). and the song was not one of his solo songs, but the old Bon Jovi standby, "IBTFY". I can't help but wonder if the fact he quit after that 'swan song' --is telling.

When Richie was promoting "Aftermath", he kept saying, "I was a front man in all of the bands I was in before Bon Jovi, and I missed it." Whether you love or hate 'Aftermath', Richie apparently feels proud of it and that it most clearly expresses where he is personally and as an artist.

These latest Tweets about 'Aftermath', if read in a defensive way, suggests to me that he is hurt that perhaps a lot of Bon Jovi fans only want to acknowledge him in that role and not as an artist in his own right. They want him back in the band regardless of his reasons for being out of it at the moment.

The vibe I got from 'Aftermath' as a whole was that it was a confessional album, but also a hopeful album. It was personal.

By contrast, 'WAN' seems to me to be an impersonal album, filled with observational songs and platitudes.

Maybe Richie's heart is so attuned to what he wrote in 'Aftermath' that he thinks it should have had a place on this tour. When it didn't (and not only that, but he didn't get /any/ solo time except for the Lubbock show) --maybe that was the last straw for him.
I don't buy it. Richie did try to promote his album last year with shows, right? And it was pretty much a total disaster. So now the WAN tour is somehow responsible for resuscitating his album's relevance? Lame. Not that I could blame him for resenting Jon shoving his own solo album down everyones throats and pretending it was a full band album. But still, it's not a reasonable excuse and Richie still comes off like a huge schmuck.

And I think your opinions of the albums are entirely subjective. Aftermath, for instance, sounds just as trite and uninspired to me as WAN.