Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Who will win the World Cup?

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 05-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi
Default Who will win the World Cup?

As a football fan that's had to watch a rank rotten Rangers (hey there's some alliteration for ye) schlep away in the lower leagues for the past 2 years I must admit I'm getting awfully excited to see some real football being played.

I don't follow international football so don't really have a clue who's on form but I'm in Mexico for a large portion of it so I think I'll root for England up until the point they shit the bed as usual and then go for Mexico.

I was really looking forward to a night of carnage for England's opener but I've just realised I'm doing a couple of Tough Mudder laps at 8 or 9 o clock the following morning

Old 05-13-2014, 10:37 PM
Blaze of Posting

Couldn't care less about International football or the England national team for that matter but football is football and I'll watch it.

I'd like to see France win it but I doubt they're strong enough.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi View Post
As a football fan that's had to watch a rank rotten Rangers (hey there's some alliteration for ye) schlep away in the lower leagues for the past 2 years I must admit I'm getting awfully excited to see some real football being played.

I don't follow international football so don't really have a clue who's on form but I'm in Mexico for a large portion of it so I think I'll root for England up until the point they shit the bed as usual and then go for Mexico.

I was really looking forward to a night of carnage for England's opener but I've just realised I'm doing a couple of Tough Mudder laps at 8 or 9 o clock the following morning
A sweaty sock rooting for England???! Good on yer lad! My money is on either the Germans or Argentina
Old 05-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Exception to the Rule
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Germany of course
Old 05-15-2014, 03:14 PM
These Days

Surprised no-one's mentioned Spain, what with them being the holders and Euro 2012 winners. Brazil being on home turf could make a difference. I think it'll be quite an open one, hopefully with better quality football than we saw in South Africa. One thing's for sure, England won't win it.
24.06.2011 - LCCC, MANCHESTER
25.06.2011 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
16.10.2012 - RICHIE - SHEPHERD'S BUSH, LONDON
0̶8̶.̶0̶6̶.̶2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶-̶ ̶E̶T̶I̶H̶A̶D̶ ̶S̶T̶A̶D̶I̶U̶M̶,̶ ̶M̶A̶N̶C̶H̶E̶S̶T̶E̶R̶
05.07.2013 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
Old 05-15-2014, 05:37 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK View Post
Surprised no-one's mentioned Spain, what with them being the holders and Euro 2012 winners. Brazil being on home turf could make a difference. I think it'll be quite an open one, hopefully with better quality football than we saw in South Africa. One thing's for sure, England won't win it.
I personally think Spain will struggle. It's still very much Barca/Real in their team (no surprise like) but both of them don't look half as good as they usually have.

Brazil have a very very good chance I think. Been playing some really good football when they have played and their team looks stronger than it has done since 2002 probably.

Belgium could surprise a lot of us. They have one hell of a squad and play well together. Everywhere in their team is just quality, in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to this tournament, though. Could possibly be Gerrards last so would like to England to go quite far for him rather than going out in the groups but the groups will be a struggle.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 05-15-2014, 06:55 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
I personally think Spain will struggle. It's still very much Barca/Real in their team (no surprise like) but both of them don't look half as good as they usually have.

Brazil have a very very good chance I think. Been playing some really good football when they have played and their team looks stronger than it has done since 2002 probably.

Belgium could surprise a lot of us. They have one hell of a squad and play well together. Everywhere in their team is just quality, in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to this tournament, though. Could possibly be Gerrards last so would like to England to go quite far for him rather than going out in the groups but the groups will be a struggle.
Yeah Brazil are looking the best they have for a while. Belgium have an enormous amount of talent, can see them going a long way, maybe to the semi-final - but no further.

The group stage will be a monumental task for England. You've got to think we'll roll Costa Rica over but Italy and Uruguay will be incredibly tough. I can easily see us not getting past the group stage.
24.06.2011 - LCCC, MANCHESTER
25.06.2011 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
16.10.2012 - RICHIE - SHEPHERD'S BUSH, LONDON
0̶8̶.̶0̶6̶.̶2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶-̶ ̶E̶T̶I̶H̶A̶D̶ ̶S̶T̶A̶D̶I̶U̶M̶,̶ ̶M̶A̶N̶C̶H̶E̶S̶T̶E̶R̶
05.07.2013 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
Old 05-16-2014, 12:50 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
A sweaty sock rooting for England???! Good on yer lad! My money is on either the Germans or Argentina
I always root for England which apart from being slightly less grim to watch than Scotland, it pisses off the Tartan Army which I'm always a fan of doing
Old 05-18-2014, 11:36 AM
These Days

Of course I'll root for Argentina, but I think that (excluding the attack) the team that Sabella choosed is... well, I don't know if bad but strange actually. I don't like it and I don't think we're going to far with it.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 05-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Brazil will probably edge it because of the home advantage but they have a bit of a dodgy defence. I wouldn't be surprised if Italy make it quite far as they always seem to find a way. I think Spain have run their course now, they have too many ageing players who have won it all before but they too will make it quite far. Argentina should be hungry for it and they'll be used to the conditions. Belgium are promising but lack the experience. Germany can win it, they have the players and the mentality. England will struggle to escape their group but if they do I can see them causing a bit of an upset but in the end they'll lack the overall quality. Holland, Portugal and France have suffered from lack of togetherness in the past. It'll be interesting to see if there's any change but I can see them fall by the wayside around the quarter finals.

I sense a Brazil V Germany final but who knows what the f*ck will happen. I just hope everyone enjoys the spectacle....