Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 04-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra View Post
dont mean to be a drama queen or anything, but my gut feeling tells me this time RIchie's gone for good. and this is not based on any of the reports. hope I'm wrong though
I don't think it's being a drama queen. I agree. I have a feeling Richie won't be back. I have a feeling this is it for the band as we know it. No more new band records. I'm sure Jon will sputter out a couple solo albums, but no one will really care, and there certainly won't be any monster tours. In about 5 or 6 years, Jon will realize what an ass he is and that he needs the band, then they'll get together for a reunion tour, which will consist of pretty much the same set list we're getting now.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
I don't think it's being a drama queen. I agree. I have a feeling Richie won't be back. I have a feeling this is it for the band as we know it. No more new band records. I'm sure Jon will sputter out a couple solo albums, but no one will really care, and there certainly won't be any monster tours. In about 5 or 6 years, Jon will realize what an ass he is and that he needs the band, then they'll get together for a reunion tour, which will consist of pretty much the same set list we're getting now.
If Richie should leave the band in the middle of this tour over money or personal issues with Jon, he might as well go **** himself, I' won't buy any of his records or attend any of his shows. Those guys know each other well enough to know what it's gonna be like to tour. Fans buy tickets to see the whole show and Richie is part of it. Leaving now is like screwing all those fans who pay high-priced tickets and, in my case, flight tickets + hotel nights. That would be highly unprofessional and would show utter disrespect...
Old 04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
If Richie should leave the band in the middle of this tour over money or personal issues with Jon, he might as well go **** himself, I' won't buy any of his records or attend any of his shows. Those guys know each other well enough to know what it's gonna be like to tour. Fans buy tickets to see the whole show and Richie is part of it. Leaving now is like screwing all those fans who pay high-priced tickets and, in my case, flight tickets + hotel nights. That would be highly unprofessional and would show utter disrespect...
Agreed. If Richie f**ked off for something like that, I'd think a lot less of him. Jon would have had to do something pretty awful to justify it. However, if Jon did do something that bad, I'd expect Tico and Dave to walk too which they haven't done.

To me, unless this is genuinely a personal issue (which I believe it is), Richie should be booted out of the band for good.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Breakout

I think he is doing inpatient rehab...why else could he not play the los ang. Show?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJovi View Post
To me, unless this is genuinely a personal issue (which I believe it is), Richie should be booted out of the band for good.
I keep on reading these kind of statements but how can that work without being the end of it? It's not like firing Alec - it's firing the man who wrote Wanted Dead or Alive, the man who wrote I'll Be There For You, These Days...you know, 90% of Bon Jovi's awesome songs are written or co-written by Richie. How could Jon sing those songs? How could I watch them live, knowing that they fired the man who wrote those songs, AFTER 30 YEARS!!!, because he has some personal issues that he can't get a grip on. I know it's just speculation, but to me, firing Richie would be the absolute end of Bon Jovi and I would even have a hard time listening to the classics any longer. To me, this band was not just about the music. It had a lot to do with their loyalty and friendship, their underdog attitude, the fact that they were role-models for an entire generation. Yes. The music started to suck, but everything else I still sympathised with. There is no way I could overlook all these things if Richie was to be fired.

Having said that, this will NEVER happen. Lots of bands have feuds and arguments and so on. But they get over it and get their shit together. Unless Jon has been spending too much time with Axl Rose recently (which he might have, who knows!), I can't possibly see how he'd ever sack Richie.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
I keep on reading these kind of statements but how can that work without being the end of it? It's not like firing Alec - it's firing the man who wrote Wanted Dead or Alive, the man who wrote I'll Be There For You, These Days...you know, 90% of Bon Jovi's awesome songs are written or co-written by Richie. How could Jon sing those songs? How could I watch them live, knowing that they fired the man who wrote those songs, AFTER 30 YEARS!!!, because he has some personal issues that he can't get a grip on . I know it's just speculation, but to me, firing Richie would be the absolute end of Bon Jovi and I would even have a hard time listening to the classics any longer. To me, this band was not just about the music. It had a lot to do with their loyalty and friendship, their underdog attitude, the fact that they were role-models for an entire generation. Yes. The music started to suck, but everything else I still sympathised with. There is no way I could overlook all these things if Richie was to be fired.

Having said that, this will NEVER happen. Lots of bands have feuds and arguments and so on. But they get over it and get their shit together. Unless Jon has been spending too much time with Axl Rose recently (which he might have, who knows!), I can't possibly see how he'd ever sack Richie.
I did say "unless it was a personal issue" they should fire him.

I know what you're saying but he has no place in the band, IMO, if he'll just walk out because he has had a blow out with Jon. That's unprofessional and he's leaving thousands of people down.

However, I don't think that's what's happened. I believe something genuine has come up and he's had to go take care of it. It is odd that Jon hasn't spoken to him but I just can't see these guys falling out over money. They've been together 30 years. They've seen the best and worst of each other and they are (or should be) a lot more mature now.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJovi View Post
I know what you're saying but he has no place in the band, IMO, if he'll just walk out because he has had a blow out with Jon. That's unprofessional and he's leaving thousands of people down.
Richie never let anyone down. He never skipped a show - not even in the 80s when he was probably as high as a Boeing engine at maximum rotation. He still showed up every damn time. Even 2 years ago, he went into rehab ffs. WHATEVER it is that he has done now, and I mean ANYTHING. Any reason he might have - there's nothing serious enough to fire him.

And either way - of course it will be personal issues. Whether he is angry, or drunk, or high, depressed, on medication, bored...whatever. All is personal, and none justify firing him. I can't believe we are even discussing this. Honestly, Jon & Richie are like Keith & Mick - more of a dynamic rock duo than most other acts there have ever been in history. Despite overall public perception, Richie can't be fired, just like Keith can't be fired. And because he can't be fired, he won't be fired.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Unless Jon has been spending too much time with Axl Rose recently
Well they did had drinks once, with Sebastian Bach, not so long ago

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...friends-again/

Last edited by NicoRourke; 04-08-2013 at 03:10 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Richie never let anyone down. He never skipped a show - not even in the 80s when he was probably as high as a Boeing engine at maximum rotation. He still showed up every damn time. Even 2 years ago, he went into rehab ffs. WHATEVER it is that he has done now, and I mean ANYTHING. Any reason he might have - there's nothing serious enough to fire him.

And either way - of course it will be personal issues. Whether he is angry, or drunk, or high, depressed, on medication, bored...whatever. All is personal, and none justify firing him. I can't believe we are even discussing this. Honestly, Jon & Richie are like Keith & Mick - more of a dynamic rock duo than most other acts there have ever been in history. Despite overall public perception, Richie can't be fired, just like Keith can't be fired. And because he can't be fired, he won't be fired.
Fair enough. That's your opinion, I disagree.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Did someone mention Axl Rose?