Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Motley Crue's STILL dissing Bon Jovi -- Give it a rest, guys!

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-04-2014, 03:08 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

My friend Kelly and I saw them at some point in the 2000's and they did that, "This ain't a Bon Jovi show" line and I thought, "Yeah, if it was a Bon Jovi show, there's actually be people here." There was hardly anybody at the show. I'm surprised it wasn't cancelled for lack of ticket sales. It's so memorable for me that I couldn't even tell you who the lead singer was at the time.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:10 AM
Jovi Freak

Since it's been Vince Neil since 1997, that's not hard to figure out.

Tommy also told one of the contestants of the casting show he was a judge on that he "managed to make a Bon Jovi tune cool" when he did LOAP.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:21 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I have got to say that Motley Crue are one of the worst glam metal bands of the 80s. No class whatsoever. Dr. Feelgood is decent though.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:34 AM
The Distance

I love Motley and just saw them a few days ago. The band is tight but Vince's vocals are worse than Jon's. Nikki is the man! Tommy is annoying. Vince is a diva. Mick is just cool.

Yea, Dr. Feelgood is your typical 80's Bob Rock album but the prior albums are really good too. Especially the first two.

A band like Motley making fun of a band like Bon Jovi is just pointless. That's like The Stone Temple Pilots making fun of Pearl Jam.

I just think they personally hate JBJ due to his business ethic from back in day plus the fact that Doc just favored them aka Moscow Music Peace Festival.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Livin' on a Post

Nikki says in the Heroin Diaries, that dissing Bon Jovi in the media was mostly an act, since he and Jon were friends. They'd go to dinner and laugh about it. Although he also says Bon Jovi's music stood against everything he believed in or something. Which I thought was kind of ridiculous.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:30 PM
These Days

Motley Crue is absolutely shit. Awful band.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampinen View Post
Nikki says in the Heroin Diaries, that dissing Bon Jovi in the media was mostly an act, since he and Jon were friends. They'd go to dinner and laugh about it. Although he also says Bon Jovi's music stood against everything he believed in or something. Which I thought was kind of ridiculous.
Nikki's been trying VERY hard to paint himself to be some kid of the underground scene, with a punk rock ethos and ton of credibility. He had a super image-heavy persona back in the day, and that never really changed. God knows he's not exactly a stellar bass player. And most of the super heavy drug use is also a work of fiction, as was the tale of them all being sober ever since Feelgood. He thinks he's his generation's Johnny Thunders, but he's more likely his generation's Pete Wentz.

I think it's awesome that the one guy to fall for Nikki's bullshit on this forum is Rdkopper.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:54 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Nikki's been trying VERY hard to paint himself to be some kid of the underground scene, with a punk rock ethos and ton of credibility. He had a super image-heavy persona back in the day, and that never really changed. God knows he's not exactly a stellar bass player. And most of the super heavy drug use is also a work of fiction, as was the tale of them all being sober ever since Feelgood. He thinks he's his generation's Johnny Thunders, but he's more likely his generation's Pete Wentz.

I think it's awesome that the one guy to fall for Nikki's bullshit on this forum is Rdkopper.
You are so wrong here on all levels. You should read the books first before posting stupid and incorrect facts. They admit to having drug slip-ups after Dr Feelgood. It's noted in The Heroin Diaries. Also, I'm not sure how a Nikki ODing on heroin is a work of fiction?

The dude might not be a great bass player but he is a brilliant writer. He wrote the lyrics for 95% of Motley's songs. He also wrote for other artists such as Lita Ford and Meatloaf, to note a few big names. Life Is Beautiful is a kickass song. He's got a great success story...

The dude knows how to keep his band going despite it having the same and limited success as a Poison or a Def Leppard. He is responsible for that band and I would put him just under Jon for his business credibility.

I read both The Dirt and The Heroin Diaries. He mentions how him and Jon would both get chicks together and how Jon would talk to them with his Jersey accent. It would piss him off etc.

Dude, just read the books before throwing insults due to misrepresentation of facts.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Jovi Freak

Cliff notes.

-The Heroin Diaries takes place in the 80s, so I doubt it covers stuff happening after Dr Feelgood. Never read it myself, though. I only read The Dirt, and that's full of bullshit. (Flying knives, yeah, right)

-Nikki hasn't written a song on his own in decades. Life Is Beautiful had two co-writers, one of them a professional songwriter. Also, Mötley's lyrics for the past 25 years have been garbage. And none of this makes him a good bass player.

-You're out of your mind if you think Def Leppard had "limited success". Hysteria is one of the most popular rock records EVER. Also, it took Nikki a VH1 show to rekindle the interest in his band. And Live Nation.

-And it's nice that you read a book for a change. It's just that I've heard a ton of stories from people that were around the scene back then, and who have no reason to bullshit (unlike Nikki, who is constantly promoting himself), and they called bullshit on a ton of the stories. But hey, who would NOT keep a diary when all they had on their mind was heroin? Who would NOT rush to the answering machine to leave a cool message like "I'm not here because I'm dead" after they OD'ed?
Old 09-04-2014, 06:00 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Cliff notes.

-The Heroin Diaries takes place in the 80s, so I doubt it covers stuff happening after Dr Feelgood. Never read it myself, though. I only read The Dirt, and that's full of bullshit. (Flying knives, yeah, right)

-Nikki hasn't written a song on his own in decades. Life Is Beautiful had two co-writers, one of them a professional songwriter. Also, Mötley's lyrics for the past 25 years have been garbage. And none of this makes him a good bass player.

-You're out of your mind if you think Def Leppard had "limited success". Hysteria is one of the most popular rock records EVER. Also, it took Nikki a VH1 show to rekindle the interest in his band. And Live Nation.

-And it's nice that you read a book for a change. It's just that I've heard a ton of stories from people that were around the scene back then, and who have no reason to bullshit (unlike Nikki, who is constantly promoting himself), and they called bullshit on a ton of the stories. But hey, who would NOT keep a diary when all they had on their mind was heroin? Who would NOT rush to the answering machine to leave a cool message like "I'm not here because I'm dead" after they OD'ed?
- I read The Heroin Diaries and you didn't, yet you are going to tell me what's in the book.... This is why the world is the way it is and why I refuse to have a normal debate here with people like you. You are not worthy of my mind, knowledge and time.

- Nikki has written some brilliant lyrics within the past 25 years but just like in Bon Jovi, their lead singing can't pull off a decent vocal. I Couldn't Have Said That Better My Self

- I do agree that Nikki's stories are a little exaggerated but that's all about his self promotion. Smart business man!

- And Yes, Def Leppard had limited success. They had a few big albums in the 80's, failed at everything in the 90's, and became a nostalgic touring act in the 00's and beyond..... As far as Motley goes, they had the highly successful Crue Fest. Check that out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cr%C3%BCe_Fest

Last edited by Rdkopper; 09-04-2014 at 06:12 PM..