Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Has anyone else noticed...

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-16-2010, 04:54 AM
Troublemaker
The Distance

Default Has anyone else noticed...

how the same group of people whinge about bon jovi, when there 'supposedly' die hard fans?

its really very irritating, every thread is the same with the same bitching. People join this board for the enjoyment of the band, not to read the 30% of you bitch about the band. OK im all for opinions but some shit ive read is unbelievable!

Threads are being made purposely to talk negatively about the band, and its pissing me off. Then if you say anything positive you get the usual bullshit of "i was there in 1984 or i have 900 rare singles or blah blah", at the end of the day the people who bitch dont like the band no more because they never say anything constructive!

If you dont like them, fair enough,
You wanna bitch? Fuk off.

i dont mind the odd criticism when its realistic, because nobodys perfect, but not when people are crying over paying daft money to see the band throughout june and want a different set everynight. To me thats selfish, THE BAND DOES NOT OWE YOU ANYTHING, YOU GO ON YOUR OWN BACK, ALL THAT THEY OWE YOU IS A PERFORMANCE! and theyre delivering!

in a way no wonder The circle hasnt aspired to the heights we all thought it would, personally i think its down to when new fans, with a genuine interest in the band, join this board and read the garbage that some people post it puts them off.

Then when Jon and the band decide enoughs enough and finish. All those whingers will be crying and blaming everything but themselves. At the end of the day like ive said countless times before, jovi has been there, done that and got the T-shirt. People should be glad that there still around, and for all u moaners out there who thought that they were better in 19** or whenever all i have to say is DONT GO THE NEXT SHOW AND LET SOMEONE HAVE YOUR SEAT WHO WILL ACTUALLY ENJOY THE SHOW INSTEAD OF PICKING IT TO PIECES!

its a ****in disgrace, it really is 120 million+ albums sold, and some daft twats decided to moan about jons accent in one thread. Give me a break!

theres too much negativity on this board and its not attracting any new fans and it will have a domino effect!

fair enough have your opinions by all means but seriously bon jovi are better than 99% of artists out there....... just because they aint the best no more (arguably) dont mean there rubbish, there still ompetiting with the likes of U2 and the stones who are rock and roll giants!

rant over, but id love to see one of those whinge bags post and complain! maybe this aint the best explained posts because im thinkin out loud (well thinkin typin out loud or whatever) but i hope u get the jist of it!

KEEP THE FAITH PEOPLE!
JOVI ROCK!

Last edited by gazthomas; 06-16-2010 at 05:02 AM..

Old 06-16-2010, 06:25 AM
Keep the Faith

Indeed! Very well put. We're all here to love the band, gotta be positive!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:41 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthefaith1970 View Post
The songs are played in a lower note
Rant over
Learn what you're talking about or don't make statements that aren't true.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Robd788 Send a message via Yahoo to Robd788

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthefaith1970 View Post
To sum it up go to backstage and dream on your BJ vanilla dream man! A fanboard is there to voice opinions be it negative or not. It is clear for ALL to see that BJ ain't what they used to be. TC was solid ok but the live shows are really crap compared to the glory days until 1995. The songs are played slower and in a lower note there is hardly any movement on stage anymore which sucks and was one of the highlights at a BJ show and the band clearly shows that ithey are going through the motions and are just in it for the money. Just listen to BOB 2010 and compare it with the version of 1989/1990 - you are gonna cry . The only ones who still think BJ are relevant are those post 2000 fans or those stupid folks paying hundreds of Euros for VIP/Fanclub packages which is laughable in itself. They better spend their money on quality not on spoiled Rocker has-beens.
Rant over
yes but when someone is quoting and infecting nearly every thread with the same drivel, it becomes tedious and dull. I used to check this board out a few times a day now only a few times a week because of this.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of constructive criticsm but not in every thread, especially people moaning about shows when they were not even there.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

There's people who devote 95% of their posts to slagging the band off, then they go and buy multiple tickets and travel all over the place to see them.

Take everything here with a pinch of salt.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Robd788 Send a message via Yahoo to Robd788

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticos_stick View Post
There's people who devote 95% of their posts to slagging the band off, then they go and buy multiple tickets and travel all over the place to see them.

Take everything here with a pinch of salt.
yeah there is that, but you cant even have a decent discussion with someone infecting every thread lol
Old 06-16-2010, 12:08 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Learn what you're talking about or don't make statements that aren't true.
Don't forget, we no longer address Born To Run since any posts that do get through will be flushed regardless of content, the same as spam.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 PM
These Days

I highly agree. There is a huge difference between bitching and criticising. For me, the glass has always been half full, if not fuller.

Yeah, the band is different than theys were in 1995 (when i saw them first), but I'm still around to enjoy their music, and I still buy every single because I want to and go to see 2 shows a tour because they are still incredible on stage. I defend freedom of speech, of course, but this board is a strange place sometimes. Not too strange to keep me away, hehe.