Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 04-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa71 View Post
He is not the only one with a family. Jon, David and Tico all have families. That is a poor excuse to use. Richie is only single one. Jon, David and Tico all have wives, all have children and all do outside projects away from the band. And if he didn't care about it, why come onto the tour to begin with?

There is really no excuse for what he has done. To not come back and to say FU to his fans while Jon, David, Tico, Hugh and Bobby can all do the shows. All of them can give 100%. Then to top it off and post a tweet about his video contest on the night of a livestream, when he had these weeks to watch the videos and glad he is having fun while his fans are missing him and wondering when he is coming back.
You're right in prinicple but we still don't know what's going on that's caused this.

Bit harsh to judge until we do.

If Jon and the band have Richie back without any complaints or problems, then this was probably a genuine unavoidable problem and absence. Be patient.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJovi View Post
Be patient.
Be patient! This thread is over 200 pages and its been a month with no word what so ever and you're saying be patient!

24th June 2011 - Old Trafford -Manchester, UK

16th October 2012 - Richie Sambora -Shepherds Bush - London, UK

12th June 2013 - Cardiff City Stadium - Cardiff, UK
Old 04-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Matt didn't seem to be so sure about whether Richie would be in SA if you see below.

Before anyone says 'I don't read it like that,' that's fine. My personal view is, if you KNOW Richie is coming back in May, you wouldn't have to ask someone where they'd seen it saying otherwise and have to go there and check. You'd take the opportunity to say something to get everyone buzzing, like...

'Don't know where you get this from, Richie is coming back for the next leg and we can't wait to have him back!'

Again though, could just be an example of Matt have zero PR experience...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MBG Tweet.JPG (46.5 KB, 142 views)
Old 04-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post
Matt didn't seem to be so sure about whether Richie would be in SA if you see below.

Before anyone says 'I don't read it like that,' that's fine. My personal view is, if you KNOW Richie is coming back in May, you wouldn't have to ask someone where they'd seen it saying otherwise and have to go there and check. You'd take the opportunity to say something to get everyone buzzing, like...

'Don't know where you get this from, Richie is coming back for the next leg and we can't wait to have him back!'

Though he's right, that Norman guy in the interview only states that Richie is a member of the honorary board or something, not that he will be there, let alone perform. Just gotta listen closely, missed that on first listen myself

I agree that a more precise statement would help though...
Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
Though he's right, that Norman guy in the interview only states that Richie is a member of the honorary board or something, not that he will be there, let alone perform. Just gotta listen closely, missed that on first listen myself
That's what I pointed out on here last night..... At no point is it stated in that video that he's playing at the awards night. Either that or Dick Van Dyke is also set to perform!

Milton Keynes Bowl 1996
The Forum 1997 (Jon)
Shepherd's Bush Empire 1998 (Richie)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sat)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sun)
Milton Keynes Bowl 2001
CD:UK 2002
Shepherd's Bush Empire 2002
Wembley Arena 2002 (Capital Request)
Wolverhampton 2003
Milton Keynes Bowl 2006
O2 Arena 2007
Twickenham 2008
O2 Arena 2010 (19th June)
O2 Arena 2010 (25th June - 40 mins of it anyway!)
Villa Park 2013
Hyde Park 2013
Old 04-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post

I read it the same way. It doesn't sound like they know when Richie will be back or what his plans are. David and Tico said in that Austrian interview that they didn't know, too.

Last edited by CKatz; 04-26-2013 at 01:13 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Keep the Faith

edit: someone else posted about Richies tweet..... I blame the time zones! lol

Last edited by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana; 04-26-2013 at 01:27 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Jovi Freak

^^ Old news, but you can be forgiven for not wanting to search back through this epic thread! You'd be here for hours..days..eons even

Andi

EDIT- now you've deleted it, trying to make me look silly. Curse you, damn viking
That you are all you really need
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
. . . Ben Mitchell, Q Magazine
Old 04-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair View Post
^^ Old news, but you can be forgiven for not wanting to search back through this epic thread! You'd be here for hours..days..eons even

Andi

EDIT- now you've deleted it, trying to make me look silly. Curse you, damn viking
I edited before you'd finished posting this, so nope. And you are silly, old news

Anyways, I did search through the thread, or I wouldn't have found the other post 3 pages back!

That does seem like Richie's typing doesnt it?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
He is not the only one with a family. Jon, David and Tico all have families. That is a poor excuse to use. Richie is only single one. Jon, David and Tico all have wives, all have children and all do outside projects away from the band. And if he didn't care about it, why come onto the tour to begin with?

There is really no excuse for what he has done. To not come back and to say FU to his fans while Jon, David, Tico, Hugh and Bobby can all do the shows. All of them can give 100%. Then to top it off and post a tweet about his video contest on the night of a livestream, when he had these weeks to watch the videos and glad he is having fun while his fans are missing him and wondering when he is coming back.
All of that hate is based on someone else's speculation. You have no better idea than anyone else why he is not on tour, so let's save the Richie is satan thing until he comes out and says, "**** you Lisa. I just wanted to hang out with my family". Then I guess it's safe to call him Satan.

Quote:
So during all this time he couldn't look at the videos but tonight he is. I still am waiting for up say sorry for not being at the shows.
I'm also waiting for a sorry from Jon for turning this band into a washed up, over-produced, piece of shit. I'll probably get my apology right after you get your apology from Richie.

Last edited by RSROCKS; 04-26-2013 at 02:42 PM..