Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 05-16-2013, 01:18 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Just heard the interview, Jon sounds honestly frustrated, and understandably so. I hope I'm wrong here, but I really think it's possible for Richie to be ill at this very moment. Not hospital bed 24/7 ill, but ill enough that he needs to undergo treatment....
Jon said he's not ill I don't think he would lie about that

24th June 2011 - Old Trafford -Manchester, UK

16th October 2012 - Richie Sambora -Shepherds Bush - London, UK

12th June 2013 - Cardiff City Stadium - Cardiff, UK
Old 05-16-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNickel View Post
‏@TheRealSambora 3mins ago --- "Rockbridge guitars simply the best right now....just killer!"

Oh dear, shut up Richie.
Why shut up? That's a good thing if you haven't realized richie is the guitarist for a band called Bon Jovi...if he's playing again then he may be ready to come back

Old 05-16-2013, 01:21 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm123 View Post
Why shut up? That's a good thing if you haven't realized richie is the guitarist for a band called Bon Jovi...if he's playing again then he may be ready to come back
It sents the wrong message and creates more speculation, stop pretending you're not seeing this. And looking at Richie's recent enthusiasm on twitter, it seems as he's doing it on purpose. Which is something I don't understand. If he's gone for good, just say it for christ sake! It would save you from looking like a complete prick who doesn't give a shit about people who paid money to see him, with Europe and South America, may I add being THE ONLY places where he has any real fanbase.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
It sents the wrong message and creates more speculation, stop pretending you're not seeing this. And looking at Richie's recent enthusiasm on twitter, it seems as he's doing it on purpose. Which is something I don't understand. If he's gone for good, just say it for christ sake! It would save you from looking like a complete prick who doesn't give a shit about people who paid money to see him, with Europe and South America, may I add being THE ONLY places where he has any real fanbase.
Yer I'm the prick...I only go to the shows for Jon...god I only went to London to see richie sing who says because that's how much of an arse I am....oooo look at that I'm even going to a gig this leg...funny that I'm such a prick I didn't even realize that I spent over £100 a ticket to see the band but get 3/4

Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 AM
Blaze of Posting

Looking at this rationally, Richie is looking worse and worse.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:54 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm123 View Post
Yer I'm the prick...I only go to the shows for Jon...god I only went to London to see richie sing who says because that's how much of an arse I am....oooo look at that I'm even going to a gig this leg...funny that I'm such a prick I didn't even realize that I spent over £100 a ticket to see the band but get 3/4
Geez dude, the 'you' part and 'prick' remark was refering to Richie. Calm down My apologies, I thought it was pretty obvious that I was explaining his actions.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Dry County

Send a message via MSN to LeaJovi

Well if for any reason Richie wanted more money and tried to prove that BJ isn't the same without him, he surely did prove that.

These shows are pathetic.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:42 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaJovi View Post
Well if for any reason Richie wanted more money and tried to prove that BJ isn't the same without him, he surely did prove that.

These shows are pathetic.
The shows would be pathetic even with Richie. Jon's the issue, Phil X is covering just fine.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:47 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post
As I said a while back, no row, it's just that things were not how Richie wanted them. I think this is a stubborn stand-off between the two of them and I think it's not been raised voices or fighting, it's just something made Richie ask for more time off or to sing a solo song or something dead simple and it's just escalated out of nothing.

This happens when you've known people years and years, it won't be something big that makes those type of colleagues/friends fall out, it will be something simple and stupid. As I've said, Jon won't have changed the game, he's a smart guy but Richie has asked to appear at something, take a day off or miss a gig for some reason and Jon has told him 'no.'

Richie looks like a pr*ck here and the longer this goes on, the more of a prick he is going to look. When people say 'he wouldn't do this, it's career suicide,' I don't think this has been thought through, I think it was done on a spare of the moment and he thought Jon would back down and now it's just turned into a staring competition. Jon isn't helping but basically telling people 'I don't know... ' it just puts everything on RS and it's surely going to make him even more determined to just say '**** you mate, I am not coming back.'
Don't get me wrong, Richie isn't doing himself any favours but they are going back and forth with interview-tweet-interview-pic on Twitter... Jon drops hints that everything is fine from his point of view and it's down to Richie, Richie tells everyone he's 'f*cking great' almost a little *too* enthusiastically.

I think this is the reason they haven't spoken because now, Jon is privately pissed off. Everything I say about this guy, he will NOT be happy that the shows are going on without RS, that he's taken flak for it and, more importantly, they've had to hand out refunds. I really can't see this being anything but a silly little spat over something and both of them sticking to their principles.
You know, I think you're probably not wrong with this post. If you are right, to me, Richie doesn't just look like a prick, he is a prick.

If you are right he has been unprofessional in the extreme and has proven that he doesn't give two f**ks about his fans.

Hats off to Jon for the way he has tried to handle this. Whether he was right or wrong in any falling out (and there is a decent chance that he's acted like an egomaniac or a prick in that case), at least he has tried to do his job properly and maintained as dignified a silence as he could have.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:06 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielC View Post
The shows would be pathetic even with Richie. Jon's the issue, Phil X is covering just fine.
I'm gonna throw my hat in the Pro Jon ring. With fans like this, who needs enemies? Have there been some flubs this tour compared to others? Absolutely. Maybe if some people stopped looking at it like an academic discipline and just HAD SOME F****** FUN, they'd lighten the hell up. I've been to four shows since HAND, and I missed Richie in Denver, but Jon was the best I've seen him.

It's fine to have an opinion about what's going on, and the discussion and speculation is fun as hell, but the attitude of some people takes the fun out of the whole thing, IMO.