Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

A Gun-shaped iPhone case (the Darwin Award Maker?)

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 07-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Something for the Posts

Default A Gun-shaped iPhone case (the Darwin Award Maker Special?)

Quote:
CNN: A retired state trooper...firearms instructor (and) spokesman for the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office in New Jersey...shared a Facebook photo of the iPhone case that he found on a closed social media site for cops. A model poses with her phone tucked into her back pocket, and the protruding case looks like the handle of a semiautomatic compact pistol.

The phone case is sold online by various retailers at prices from about $5 to $49 and comes in several different colors. "The app means you can play games of Russian Roulette at parties!" said Japan Trend Shop, in its online product description. "Don't worry, you can't actually shoot anyone!"

(The spokesman) said that if...the phone (is drawn) in the presence of a cop "the first thing they're going to see as it's coming up is the trigger guard and the butt of the gun. This doesn't seem like a good idea at all to me."

In case you're wondering WHY it's not a good idea: While you can't actually shoot anyone with it, anyone who mistakes it for a real gun and happens to have a real gun (up to and including cops) can VERY actually shoot YOU!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-26-2023 at 11:05 PM..

Old 07-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post

In case you're wondering WHY it's not a good idea: YOU can't actually shoot anyone with it, but you can sure GET shot by people (including cops) who mistake it for a real gun -- and who just happen to have a real gun with them!
Dear god - what is WRONG with people?

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
PhoenixNewTimes: Police say...Joshua Seto and his girlfriend Cara Christopher...(were) walking through the parking lot of a...grocery store...when the woman pulled her pink .380 caliber semi-automatic Taurus, specially made to promote breast cancer awareness, from her purse.

Now, isn't that just the most adorable little thing? And so ladylike -- coordinates as perfectly with blue jeans as with basic black and pearls!

Quote:
Seto took the gun and jammed into his waistband...
Why do you suppose he did that -- did the couple have differing views on gun control? Was he offended that she produced the gun in a non-threatening situation? Or was their real purpose in going to the store was to rob it?

Quote:
(The gun) went off. The bullet struck Seto's phallus, then entered and exited his left thigh...
You try to teach your loved ones the importance of responsible gun ownership, and what thanks do you get?

Quote:
The couple didn't immediately drive to a hospital, instead walking to a bench...Someone else prompted...Cara to call 911...
Well, let's be fair -- maybe Cara needed prompting because she didn't know the number to 911.

Quote:
Seto seemed too calm and oblivious to pain...The officers thought the man was impaired by prescription drugs...
Finally, something that makes sense: Drug impairment would explain why a man would consider robbing a store with a pink gun, as well as cause him to be too embarrassed to seek help after shooting himself in the man zone with it!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 07-26-2015 at 06:58 PM..
Old 09-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Something for the Posts

Default UPDATE: So you CAN shoot yourself with a cell phone!

Click2Houston.com:
Deleon Alonso Smith...posing with a gun and taking selfies, was killed when the gun went off...shooting the 19-year-old in the throat...

Family members said Smith has two young children and was starting college Wednesday...Police said Smith believed the gun was unloaded at the time. No charges have been filed.

Last edited by rocknation; 09-04-2015 at 08:29 PM..
Old 09-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

[QUOTE=rocknation;1190388]Now, isn't that just the most adorable little thing? And so ladylike -- coordinates as perfectly with blue jeans as with basic black and pearls!

Actually now a lot of manufactures seem to think it's a wise idea to market (especially to females) pink, purple, zebra stripes and so many more. Even can find revolvers with pastel. Almost, IMO as bright as the phone case. Now the real thing looks like a toy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s& w.jpg (92.4 KB, 52 views)
Old 09-04-2015, 01:51 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golittleperson View Post
Actually now a lot of manufactures seem to think it's a wise idea to market (especially to females) pink, purple, zebra stripes and so many more. Even can find revolvers with pastel. Almost, IMO as bright as the phone case. Now the real thing looks like a toy.
I think that's a GREAT idea! You'd never have to buy ammo because you'd never need to pull the trigger -- just brandish it, and your victims die laughing!

Here's something else made just for the pistol-packing ladies:

-- which, regrettably (if not too surprisingly), has a fatality to its credit.

Last edited by rocknation; 09-26-2023 at 10:58 PM..
Old 09-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Which may be a good thing, because you'd never have to pull the trigger -- your victims would die laughing!

Here's something else made just for the pistol-packing ladies: the Flash Bang Bra Holster -- which, regrettably, has a fatality to its credit.

And speaking of dying laughing...https://youtu.be/XTGmTrQXrwg
I've seen those........ can't image practicing to draw wearing that. SMDH Easily see how someone would shoot their self. Common sense really needs to make a come back.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:42 AM
Posting Always

Natural selection strikes again.
26th June 2010, The O2 Arena, London.
8th June 2013, Manchester Ethiad Stadium.
19th June 2019, Liverpool Anfield Stadium.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Now, isn't that just the most adorable little thing? And so ladylike -- coordinates as perfectly with blue jeans as with basic black and pearls!

Unfortunately, manufacturers wouldn't make crap like that if women didn't buy it. Why do they sell pink golf balls - seriously? And does every female iPhone case have to be pink or purple?

Clearly women can buy a normal phone case and plain white golf balls (they can be seen easier when played) but too many of them choose pink. So that's what we get pushed on us.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Dear god - what is WRONG with people?
I don't think there's anything wrong with an iPhone case that looks like a gun. In any European country it'd be just a fun accessory because no one ever would even come to the idea that it might be real. What is wrong is the society around it, where people genuinely expect that a real girl might have a gun inside the back pocket of her shorts. That to me is - WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?