Home Register Members FAQ

Jon Put On The Spot By Wedding Singer

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Jon Put On The Spot By Wedding Singer

Local109.com
:
Lourdes Valentin, an aspiring jazz singer, got to sing "Livin on a Prayer" with Bon Jovi at a private wedding. "It was amazing," Valentin said. "I wasn't sure whether he was going to sing or not, but was so excited when he did."

In south Florida? And he didn't bring Tico along?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 04-04-2018 at 06:38 PM..

Old 07-06-2016, 01:24 AM
Posting everyday

This has already been posted.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:37 AM
Something for the Posts

This has not already been posted anymore. Besides, I've checked out her other videos -- she needs all the extra exposure she can get.

From her YouTube page of the video:
I was told that Jon wanted to sing with...my quintet...so I went to work and arranged...Livin' On a Prayer and Who Says (You) Can't Go Home. I said to myself it's better to be prepared than sorry...It was a thrill to sing with such an amazing artist (who) graced...me and my band...with his talent...
Which contradicts what she told the newspaper. You shouldn't highlight your arranging skills if you don't have enough sense to arrange a duet in a key that both of you can sing in. And speaking of the news story, are south Florida weddings normally public?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-09-2021 at 07:20 PM..
Old 07-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Update: Her YouTube page of the video is now private

and I hope the reason why had to do with ownership of the video rather than what she wrote.

I wrote "Who Says (You) Can't Go Home" because she wrote "Who Says We Can't Go Home." And I wrote "an amazing artist (who) graced...me and my band...with his talent..." not to save space but to make the sentence grammatically comprehensible. But if that was the problem, simply making the corrections was the solution -- deleting the video makes her look even less professional. Don't quit your day job, Lourdes!

Last edited by rocknation; 07-08-2016 at 07:38 PM..
Old 07-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Posting everyday

Richie clearly is the better wedding singer:
http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/10/richie...-jon-bon-jovi/
Old 07-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I think Jon seems very uncomfortable/embarrassed. He probably didn't want the day to be about HIM and to take away the spotlight from the BRIDE and GROOM. I remember his mother telling stories back in the day about how he would try to go to church incognito and then people would recognize him and then people would be paying more attention to him than the service so he couldn't go to church anymore either.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:42 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
There was no challenge. Even my grandmother sing better Living On A Prayer that Jon in that video.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Something for the Posts

The article says Richie was at his nephew's wedding. Isn't Richie an only child? Well, what do you expect from TMZ -- journalism?

However, not so fast getting the win, Richie: the article also says "The woman singing with Sambora is Orianthi, who's currently touring with him." A single web search would have told TMZ that she was something more, but I guess we should just be grateful that someone there knew her name, and how to spell it correctly. Well, what do you expect from TMZ -- journalism?

Last edited by rocknation; 07-10-2016 at 07:02 PM..
Old 07-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
But while Richie clearly is the better singer, he wasn't forced to sing the song in its original key
Old 07-10-2016, 05:41 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
The article says Richie was at his nephew's wedding. Isn't Richie an only child? Well, what do you expect from TMZ -- journalism?

But not so fast getting the win, Richie: the article also says "The woman singing with Sambora is Orianthi, who's currently touring with him." A single web search would have told TMZ that she was something more, but I guess we should just be grateful that someone there knew her name, and how to spell it correctly. Well, what do you expect from TMZ -- journalism?
The guy is Heather Locklear's nephew. It's a grey area but not a million degrees off from the truth.