Old 05-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang1e View Post
Here's the link:

Interview

Click on the orange arrow on the top left
Thanks for the link. Good interview. He sounds really enthusiastic about Slane. I hope everything works out for that show for the band and fans alike.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Keep the Faith

That interview is probably the first real bit of clarity from within the band, even if it doesn't fully answer the question. Actually made me feel really sympathetic for Jon- you could feel his frustration and it did sound like he wanted to say more. Just wish someone would finally put us out of our misery.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:23 AM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via ICQ to jessycardy Send a message via MSN to jessycardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Sambora View Post
That interview is probably the first real bit of clarity from within the band, even if it doesn't fully answer the question. Actually made me feel really sympathetic for Jon- you could feel his frustration and it did sound like he wanted to say more. Just wish someone would finally put us out of our misery.
It's really starting to get more and more clear by the day that only Richie could do that. Of course, he's not the one chased by interviewers. I feel for Jon as well.
night after night after night after night"

Bon Jovi - Dry County
Old 05-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Price of posting

Jon is a very smart guy, he could say that Richie returns on June 6, but then many fans of Vienna, Munich, Oslo, Sweden, Firland, angry because they know there will be Richie after.

Richie said he will return, Jon said he will return, Matt said he will return, Obie said yesterday that it will return ...

Old 05-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

As I said a while back, no row, it's just that things were not how Richie wanted them. I think this is a stubborn stand-off between the two of them and I think it's not been raised voices or fighting, it's just something made Richie ask for more time off or to sing a solo song or something dead simple and it's just escalated out of nothing.

This happens when you've known people years and years, it won't be something big that makes those type of colleagues/friends fall out, it will be something simple and stupid. As I've said, Jon won't have changed the game, he's a smart guy but Richie has asked to appear at something, take a day off or miss a gig for some reason and Jon has told him 'no.'

Richie looks like a pr*ck here and the longer this goes on, the more of a prick he is going to look. When people say 'he wouldn't do this, it's career suicide,' I don't think this has been thought through, I think it was done on a spare of the moment and he thought Jon would back down and now it's just turned into a staring competition. Jon isn't helping but basically telling people 'I don't know... ' it just puts everything on RS and it's surely going to make him even more determined to just say '**** you mate, I am not coming back.'
Don't get me wrong, Richie isn't doing himself any favours but they are going back and forth with interview-tweet-interview-pic on Twitter... Jon drops hints that everything is fine from his point of view and it's down to Richie, Richie tells everyone he's 'f*cking great' almost a little *too* enthusiastically.

I think this is the reason they haven't spoken because now, Jon is privately pissed off. Everything I say about this guy, he will NOT be happy that the shows are going on without RS, that he's taken flak for it and, more importantly, they've had to hand out refunds. I really can't see this being anything but a silly little spat over something and both of them sticking to their principles.

Last edited by Beaky; 05-16-2013 at 12:36 AM..
Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Jon is a very smart guy, he could say that Richie returns on June 6, but then many fans of Vienna, Munich, Oslo, Sweden, Firland, angry because they know there will be Richie after.

Richie said he will return, Jon said he will return, Matt said he will return, Obie said yesterday that it will return ...

Ok, who is Obie? I keep hearing this name.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic View Post
Long time friend of JBJ's....does the "mixing" or something. He's part of JBJ's inner circle. You can usually see him at most shows.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic View Post
His name is Obie O'brien, engineer and friend of Jon since 1985.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sSjQuxd2R0#t=0m32s
Old 05-16-2013, 01:12 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

‏@TheRealSambora 3mins ago --- "Rockbridge guitars simply the best right now....just killer!"

Oh dear, shut up Richie.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Blaze of Posting

Just heard the interview, Jon sounds honestly frustrated, and understandably so. I hope I'm wrong here, but I really think it's possible for Richie to be ill at this very moment. Not hospital bed 24/7 ill, but ill enough that he needs to undergo treatment....