Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Is There Anyone Who DOESN'T Like The Circle?

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Jovi FANatic

Default Is There Anyone Who DOESN'T Like The Circle?

Seriously, is there?

I have all the other albums, and every album I find I can sing along to, or sing the words in my head. The Circle, I cant. I dont mind WWBTF, and WWWB is a beautiful song, my favourite, but the others just pale in comparison. There isnt a song I like enough to sing along to. The lyrics dont get stuck in my head like songs from other albums.

I can listen to the album all the way through, but there is just something missing. I dont like it enough to want to hear it again. I have tried to like it, have listened to it numourous times, but its not happening. Its just not catchy enough. Its actually boring.

I am hoping there is someone out there who knows what I mean? Am I the only one who was disappointed in this album???

Etihad Stadium, December 11, 2010
Etihad Stadium, December 7, 2013
Etihad Stadium, December 8 2013

Old 11-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Jovi Freak

There are lots of people who don't like The Circle. Fortunately I am not one of them, as I even like Fast Cars which everyone seems to hate.
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne - 8 December 2013
Perth Arena, Perth - 12 December 2013
Arena Joondalup, Perth (Soundwave) - 3 March 2014
ANZ Stadium, Sydney - 8 December 2018

Blame It On The Love...
Old 11-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Price of posting

The Circle is the best post 2000 album.

if you dont like this then i feel for you

on the way to work today I was listening to Bounce - an album panned on here - and I have to say its my 2nd fav post 2000 album.
THere are only 2 songs I dont like AALY & RSOW

The Cirlce is certainly an album that I have been waiting for Jovi to make. Yes id like the New Jersey sound but it aint gonna happen!
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 11-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
Seriously, is there?

I have all the other albums, and every album I find I can sing along to, or sing the words in my head. The Circle, I cant. I dont mind WWBTF, and WWWB is a beautiful song, my favourite, but the others just pale in comparison. There isnt a song I like enough to sing along to. The lyrics dont get stuck in my head like songs from other albums.

I can listen to the album all the way through, but there is just something missing. I dont like it enough to want to hear it again. I have tried to like it, have listened to it numourous times, but its not happening. Its just not catchy enough. Its actually boring.

I am hoping there is someone out there who knows what I mean? Am I the only one who was disappointed in this album???
I agree and I know what you mean.
But to be honest: I'm not sure if it was the whole ticket mess that ruined my excitement or if it's the album.
Right now I've listened to The Circle twice completely. And I don't want to listen to it all the way through again. I'm listening to one or two songs and I'm switching to another artist or another record. I don't feel the excitement and the wish to listen to it over and over again like I did with the older records.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.

Quote:
Seriously, is there?

It's not immediate, but not a lot of decent music is. Give it time, listen to the lyrics and think about what they mean to the band and you, then you should find a connection.

If that doesn't work the new Westlife album is out soon..
Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictoc View Post
If that doesn't work the new Westlife album is out soon..
Wow, that's the first time you are actually funny. Congrats .
Old 11-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry View Post
Wow, that's the first time you are actually funny. Congrats .
Hey, it's your turn now. Come on it's not that hard when you really try.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictoc View Post
Hey, it's your turn now. Come on it's not that hard when you really try.
That was actually funny. I'm impressed dude

And this album is definitely a grower - and it's the first one in a long, long time if ever I actually wake up with one of the songs going through my head. It's a different one every day too. lol

And I also like Fast Cars. It's not the terrible song people are making it out to be. I'd still put it above almost everything on Lost Highway and most of HAND actually.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Seriously, is there?

I unfortunately agree with you. The more I'm listening to it, the more I'm bored with it. The only song that has stuck in my head is Love's The Only Rule. But in all honesty I find it hard to imagine any one of these songs making a b-side or demo in days gone by.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Seriously, is there?

You are not alone. The album is ok but it's lacking memorable hooks. The only two songs that stuck in my mind are Love Is The Only Rule and WWBTF. The rest are ok, some have potentials to be great, but didn't get to that level.