Tour Discussion

Old 08-25-2015, 03:34 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
He didn't really say Richie wasn't coming back,
Quote:
Haha just saying, he never says Richie is never coming back, just that Alec and Richie aren't both coming back.
So he said it in the end, yes or no???!!!

Quit drinking!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:03 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
So he said it in the end, yes or no???!!!

Quit drinking!
Haha I think we're debating two different things. Jon is asked if the members will ever be together again and he said No because Alec isn't coming back. Obviously it was said in jest to break the monotony of that question. He didn't actually answer if Richie was coming back, just that the 5 of them will never be together. But I digress, we all know the answer, I'm just pointing out I liked his joke
Old 08-25-2015, 02:21 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
I have a video. Richie is not coming back.

http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_15...ncouver/music/

geoblocked video
So wish I could watch this video! Can't from where I am, either.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Haha I think we're debating two different things. Jon is asked if the members will ever be together again and he said No because Alec isn't coming back. Obviously it was said in jest to break the monotony of that question. He didn't actually answer if Richie was coming back, just that the 5 of them will never be together. But I digress, we all know the answer, I'm just pointing out I liked his joke
OK, things are clearer now. Oh well, whatever he said I was able to guess the meaning, who wouldn't?!
Old 08-25-2015, 02:57 PM
Jovi Geek

This article is a repeat of what we'd read before but this part I had not seen before:

"Sambora is no longer a member of the band and will not re-join for forthcoming band tours, Bon Jovi told the media Saturday."

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/...#ixzz3jc6Zv4IB
Old 08-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Price of posting

Richie is doing a album, and then will tour with Orianthi. Richie will not return any time soon. So, Jon says RS will not coming back in the next tours (Asia 2015, World Tour 2016-17).

This thread keeping live.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa View Post
This article is a repeat of what we'd read before but this part I had not seen before:

"Sambora is no longer a member of the band and will not re-join for forthcoming band tours, Bon Jovi told the media Saturday."

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/...#ixzz3jc6Zv4IB
That comment stood out to me as well. All this time richie keeps saying never say never, but I think Jon feels differently.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:38 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyMel View Post
That comment stood out to me as well. All this time richie keeps saying never say never, but I think Jon feels differently.
It's not a direct quote, but what the journalist made of it. So far I've not heard Jon talk about Richie coming back, apart from that one quote where he'd be hard pressed and all of that. There's no way he'd close the door on that one considering many people bailed last time once it was announced. He knows Richie attracts people to a show.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

It's not a direct quote, but what the journalist made of it. So far I've not heard Jon talk about Richie coming back, apart from that one quote where he'd be hard pressed and all of that. There's no way he'd close the door on that one considering many people bailed last time once it was announced. He knows Richie attracts people to a show.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Yes, I had read it but blew past it since it wasn't a direct quote. I agree on the never say never.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:00 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Really? Was it that significant? I wouldn't say so, most of the venues were filled pretty nicely. Obviously, some die-hards were affected, but I feel like most of them are so dedicated that they went to shows anyway (cause they're die hards), but for casuals, the whole Richie situation created some media attention, which reminded about the shows.

Don't get me wrong, I believe (and hope) that Jon will keep the door open for Richie, but I'd say Richie's commercial effect is way too marginal that would force Jon to welcome Richie if he otherwise hated the idea. I think if Richie was to come back it would be a lot more related to a) friendship that was once there, and b) loyalty and place in history; not be one of those one-man bands that keeps losing members, like GNR, Whitesnake, Smashing Pumpkins, and be more like like U2. But then again, I didn't expect Jon to continue Bon Jovi brand without Richie for legacy reasons and I was obviously wrong, so here's that.