Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

JBJ Acoustic Show BAHAMAS May/23/2015

Tour Discussion

Old 06-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Runaway

Alright, now Iīve listened to a few excerpts of the Show. And I really donīt understand what some of you write! Okay, of course his Voice is not as good as in the 90s anymore. But it really ainīt that bad! My God, he got older and itīs Springtime, he is strained by allergies. So what?! I think it really does not sound THAT miserable, come on, itīs live...

Es ist schwer Affen davon zu überzeugen, dass Erdbeeren süßer sind als Bananen!

Old 06-03-2015, 06:31 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sossy View Post
Alright, now Iīve listened to a few excerpts of the Show. And I really donīt understand what some of you write! Okay, of course his Voice is not as good as in the 90s anymore. But it really ainīt that bad! My God, he got older and itīs Springtime, he is strained by allergies. So what?! I think it really does not sound THAT miserable, come on, itīs live...
Spring Time / Allergies? Really? Look, we all get that he's older and we're not expecting him to sing like he was in his 20's but we do expect him to carry a tune. Forget the reasons and excuses. The guy lost it. It happens.

I used to listen to Jon's songs for relaxed enjoyment. Now I listen at the edge of my seat in hopes that he could make it through to the end.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Rdkopper's right here. It's not that we want him to sound bad, but I became a fan of this band around the HAND era and there Jon was already getting slagged for not being able to hit certain notes anymore. This is WAY worse than it was back then...
I understand that you're a young, rather new fan (I was the same 10 years ago) and you don't want your idol to be criticized (and on JT it's usually blown out of proportion), but it's rarely been more justified than here!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:31 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Rdkopper's right here. It's not that we want him to sound bad, but I became a fan of this band around the HAND era and there Jon was already getting slagged for not being able to hit certain notes anymore. This is WAY worse than it was back then...
I understand that you're a young, rather new fan (I was the same 10 years ago) and you don't want your idol to be criticized (and on JT it's usually blown out of proportion), but it's rarely been more justified than here!
I also got a Fan around HAND/LH era! Iīm not that new anymore xD
But when I compare, for excample, Make a memory, how he sings it now, and how he sung it when it was new before 8 Years. There is not so much difference. He has always had his ups and downs with his voice. One day, he really sings brilliant, the other day, he does it miserable. Unfortunately the older he gets, the worse it gets. But I think itīs not THAT extreme. I remember a appearance in a Tv Show 2007 when he sung Make a memory, and even back then he didnīt sing it better. I think he had a bad day, his voice was not in a good condition. As Fans we should forgive him, he is also just human. And on the new Song, beautiful day, we hear that his voice still can sound great! Ok ok, itīs a studiorecord, but he still can do it. Come on, I rather like the well known voice on him, than a doctored, totally changed voice which hits the high notes again. Nobody gets younger, and he is really not THAT bad.

Es ist schwer Affen davon zu überzeugen, dass Erdbeeren süßer sind als Bananen!
Old 06-03-2015, 11:12 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Quote:
he is really not THAT bad.
Compared to a poor bar band with a singer whose voice is shot, it's not THAT bad however compared to his voice as recent as 2011 or any self respecting professional singer, it is THAT bad.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Price of posting

Seems on good form.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 06-08-2015, 03:39 AM
Jovi Addict

Jon uses many vocal, performance and production tricks to make the show go as well as it does given his vocal limitations. Some types of singing are harder on the cords than others and given the 30 years of 2+hour performances, it is too much. He has mentioned ENTs, vocal coaches, etc. in interviews. I think he does a lot to keep the voice going but it is beyond bringing it back. He needs more time between concerts for one thing and that is not economically feasible. I agree with a previous poster that he sounds reasonably good and the real problem is how contorted his face looks trying to sing songs that he has problems with. It is downright painful to watch. I once said that when Jon starts losing his looks and his voice that Bon Jovi wouldn't be able to fill arenas but I guess he is about to prove me wrong.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Jovi FANatic

It's depressing that he is reading the lyrics all the time. For me it kills all the emotion of the performance when you see he is not trusting himself or just too lazy to learn the lyrics. Doesn't seem to matter if the song is old or new. The whole show looks like a rehearsal.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:00 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland View Post
It's depressing that he is reading the lyrics all the time. For me it kills all the emotion of the performance when you see he is not trusting himself or just too lazy to learn the lyrics. Doesn't seem to matter if the song is old or new. The whole show looks like a rehearsal.
He's in the middle of writing an album. When I saw him do an acoustic show in 1998 and he was also in the process of writing songs, he said that his mind was so full of "words and chords and chords and words" that it was confusing and it made remembering lyrics difficult--and that was nearly 20 years ago. He was laughing about it then because he had said when he was younger he didn't understand how a songwriter could forget the lyrics to his own song. It's not that he's lazy or doesn't care.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:53 AM
These Days

I agree that reading lyrics is by no means a sign of Jon being lazy. His lack of efforts to protect his voice throughout his whole career and sounding the way he does now, however, is exactly that.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but so is Jon if he's still touring as Bon Jovi with no capabilities of being Bon Jovi in terms of personnel AND sound. So forgive me for voicing my frustrations, I promise not to do that again for another week.