Home Register Members FAQ

Jons Voice

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Tokyo Road

Default Jons Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aph01 View Post
Bon Jovi - Always / Nagoya 2003 (sound only, no picture)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp4nGH04cq4

Just found it interesting considering it must be one of the last times they played this, its not perfect, but if he could do it like this on the Bounce Tour there shouldnt be anything stopping him from occasionally singing nowadays.
Is that really from 2003? Wow, it still sounds great to me ... I don't see any reason why it couldn't still be sung nowadays either

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 02:28 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default Jons Voice

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
Is that really from 2003? Wow, it still sounds great to me ... I don't see any reason why it couldn't still be sung nowadays either
Yes, and that was one of the last good versions of Always. It was at the beginning of the Bounce Tour, when Jon's voice was still good. Listen to any show from the end of the American Tour, or the European Tour for that matter and you'll find out that there's a big difference. His voice was shot, sounded flat and had lost all it's depth. There's no way Jon can still sing the original version of Always nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 03-04-2008, 01:13 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Bon Jovi 3-2-08 - Philly Wachovia Center

mam

runaway

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bon-Jo...41182859285688

JOVITALK LIVING ON A PRAYER VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkHD8FJtJQ4

Dry County 8th June 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3Yi...eature=related

ALL I NEED IS YOU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-UDWk6e_aE

Last edited by Dawn; 03-04-2008 at 01:21 AM..
Old 03-04-2008, 01:19 AM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
Does sound superb, he rides up and onto the note and stays on it rather than reaching, grasping for it.

Still not the full original version though, doesn't have the 2nd half of the chorus.

Work, work, work for the workin' man!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

There's no way Jon can still sing the original version of Always nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
i disagree, Always highest note is a high a sharp, if im not mistaken, or b flat,

its pretty high, but he was able to do it back in 2003 i cant see why he cant do it now,

Always is high but he should be able to reach it in full tilt, certainly he doesnt need to lower it as much as he does doing the TLFR version.

it would take a toll on his voice if he was doing it night in night out, but if he sings it just every so often it wouldnt be as bad. he certainly can sing it.

Bed of Roses is also in the same league, but its not about the highest note, its about tone, Jon said he was taking sining lessons agaoin, all he needs is a little practice on tone on that high notes and he will be grand, he cant reach the note,just practice on his tone
Old 03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachy View Post
i disagree, Always highest note is a high a sharp, if im not mistaken, or b flat,

its pretty high, but he was able to do it back in 2003 i cant see why he cant do it now,

Always is high but he should be able to reach it in full tilt, certainly he doesnt need to lower it as much as he does doing the TLFR version.

it would take a toll on his voice if he was doing it night in night out, but if he sings it just every so often it wouldnt be as bad. he certainly can sing it.

Bed of Roses is also in the same league, but its not about the highest note, its about tone, Jon said he was taking sining lessons agaoin, all he needs is a little practice on tone on that high notes and he will be grand, he cant reach the note,just practice on his tone
Bear in mind the full version has the 2nd section of the chorus, bridgey thing the:

I'll Be there 'till the stars don;t shine,
till the heavens burst...

and so on. So there'd be an extended section of high parts.

Work, work, work for the workin' man!
Old 03-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Aloha !

Quote:
Back in 2003 Jon could still sing the bridge of Livin' On A Prayer before the guitar solo, something he obviously no longer can. If Jon can't reach the bridge in Livin' On A Prayer, he most certainly can't reach the chorus of Always. He already struggles with Living In Sin and I'll Be There For You a bit nowadays.

So no, he can't sing it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Don't)Lie_to_me View Post
Bear in mind the full version has the 2nd section of the chorus, bridgey thing the:

I'll Be there 'till the stars don;t shine,
till the heavens burst...

and so on. So there'd be an extended section of high parts.
even then i believe its a high section, but only i think A at the highest, not the one B flat on the normal chorus, again i maybe wrong, i have th ebook at home, but im not at home lol.

its all about tone in your voice whne you hit the note, its not about how high the not is, i can sing living on a prayer, but the tone in my voice is shit for the "oooooo o living on a prayer" which i believe is high c, but maybe within a fewmore months of singing lessons lol

Jon just needs a bit of training on tone in order to sing always at least 2 shows a week
Old 03-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Aloha !

Quote:
its all about tone in your voice whne you hit the note, its not about how high the not is, i can sing living on a prayer, but the tone in my voice is shit for the "oooooo o living on a prayer" which i believe is high c, but maybe within a fewmore months of singing lessons lol
If your tone sounds shit you obviously can't sing the song. Duh.

Quote:
Jon just needs a bit of training on tone in order to sing always at least 2 shows a week
No training will bring back his voice in such a quality that he's capable of doing Always. He struggles with every song that has high notes in it, and even with his voice currently being better than it was on the HAND tour, he still struggles with everything that's in the upper reach. Keep The Faith is the best he can do nowadays. Nothing more.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 03-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Aloha !

If your tone sounds shit you obviously can't sing the song. Duh.
not true, tone can be taught, i wasnt able to sing bat out of hell wellthis timelast year, now i find it rather easy, but in turns of living on a prayer on high, i dout ill be able to get up to high C, but never say never, i know i guy who was a good baratone, 3 years later he is now retraining as a tenor, thats the quite a change.

Quote:
No training will bring back his voice in such a quality that he's capable of doing Always. He struggles with every song that has high notes in it, and even with his voice currently being better than it was on the HAND tour, he still struggles with everything that's in the upper reach. Keep The Faith is the best he can do nowadays. Nothing more.
if that is the case, i believe there are other ways of doing songs other than TLFR but i think its a case of going back to the lessons. perfect example is Meat Loaf, everyone though his voice was shot, but he went back to vocal training for bat 3, his voice was excellent for the album, granted song of his live performences werent great, but there was times during his last tour he was giving great performences of his new stuff, and his bat out of hell in belfast wasnt far off the right style.