Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Bon Jovi with Phil X

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-21-2015, 09:45 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
I'm glad I got to see them a lot during The Circle Tour. Even though I don't love the album, the tour was very good, specially Europe. You could tell from the beggining of the tour that very nice moments were about to come: The acoustic version of Something For The Pain, Richie doing Homebound Train, songs from the first two albuns … Now take the WAN tour: the first setlists of the tour were a complete snoozfest and it got worse when Richie left.
While I agree with you that The Circle tour was awesome... especially mixing it up with acoustic SFTP and Richie's Homebound Train. I disagree that the first few shows of the WAN tour were boring... yeah, they played a lot of the WAN stuff, but for the most part that's a good thing. I'd much rather hear Army of One, I'm With You, and What's Left of Me than Work, WWWB, and Lost Highway... especially on the WAN tour. Not to mention they played Wild is the Wind the first few shows! By the time I got to see them, they were only playing the weakest songs from WAN (with the exception of Water)... it was just the Circle Tour, but without any of the special moments list above.

Everyone complains about the first few shows and I just don't get it. Granted, I wasn't there, but on paper I'd take those shows in favor of the later American arena tour set lists.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...

Old 05-22-2015, 12:27 AM
Suddenly

I think Phil X is great, he has real energy. Went to see BJ at Villa Park on their last tour and thought it would be a disappointing performance without Richie, but was left very pleased indeed.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:41 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce442 View Post
While I agree with you that The Circle tour was awesome... especially mixing it up with acoustic SFTP and Richie's Homebound Train. I disagree that the first few shows of the WAN tour were boring... yeah, they played a lot of the WAN stuff, but for the most part that's a good thing. I'd much rather hear Army of One, I'm With You, and What's Left of Me than Work, WWWB, and Lost Highway... especially on the WAN tour. Not to mention they played Wild is the Wind the first few shows! By the time I got to see them, they were only playing the weakest songs from WAN (with the exception of Water)... it was just the Circle Tour, but without any of the special moments list above.

Everyone complains about the first few shows and I just don't get it. Granted, I wasn't there, but on paper I'd take those shows in favor of the later American arena tour set lists.
You Give Love a Bad Name
Lost Highway
Whole Lot of Leavin'
Because We Can
That's What the Water Made Me
Wild Is the Wind

It's My Life
What About Now
When We Were Beautiful
We Got It Goin' On
Keep the Faith
Amen (Acoustic)
The Fighter (Acoustic)
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Acoustic)
Army of One
We Weren't Born to Follow
What's Left of Me
Wanted Dead or Alive
Who Says You Can't Go Home
Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
Bad Medicine
Encore:
In These Arms
Have a Nice Day

I Love This Town
Livin' on a Prayer

This show had no flow at all. Opening with Bad Name it's nice, but LH and WLOL back to back at spots like that loose the crowd right from the begining. Besides the songs in bold, I'd be bored to death if I got a setlist like that one.

This sequence:

What About Now
When We Were Beautiful
We Got It Goin' On
Keep the Faith
Amen (Acoustic)
The Fighter (Acoustic)
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Acoustic)
Army of One
We Weren't Born to Follow
What's Left of Me
Wanted Dead or Alive
Who Says You Can't Go Home
Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars

Besides Wanted and Keep the Faith, this is the most boring setlist ever.

Last edited by efpg0708; 05-22-2015 at 05:45 AM..