Home Register Members FAQ

All BJ songs ranked worst to best

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-25-2018, 04:29 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
I find it amazing people like most songs off last 3 albums! But I digress...
Its not digressing if you ram the same opinion down everyone's throats every other post. I really like the last few albums. I really like the first few albums, both are okay to like.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:30 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Coming from someone who liked WAN (which for me is the definition of utter garbage)

Ssshhh haha.
I like half of it.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 04-25-2018, 04:32 PM
Price of posting

If I ever get time I’ll grade my fav. Not sure I can musta the energy to do it.

I wouldn’t include solo or power station years
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 04-25-2018, 06:38 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
i know my top 10 but the rest......thats a lot of research!
I don't even know my top 10.
It would be very hard to put the songs into a fixed order. Objectivity is impossible as well. It would be a lot of work. Sounds like a challenge I might accept (if I had some extra days this week).

How long did it possibly take to create that list?
Old 04-25-2018, 07:25 PM
Keep the Faith

In my opinion, Edge Of A Broken Heart shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10. It's not even the best song made for SWW, Borderline is much better.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:35 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
There’s an obvious bias against post-Richie material given how low everything from B.B. and THINFS was ranked, other than the one Sambora co-write of Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning which was well established to be just a Nickelback song in disguise.

I know Tony worked hard on it, but the lack of objectivity toward the actual songs without regard to who played or wrote them is obvious.

Never Say Goodbye at 29 while Reunion at 263 is ridiculous. NSG is juvenile. Reunion is far superior.
Never Say Goodbye literally sh*ts all over Reunion. Reunion is a filler track st best. I'll struggle to place it in my top 100 BJ songs.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:52 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys View Post
Never Say Goodbye literally sh*ts all over Reunion. Reunion is a filler track st best. I'll struggle to place it in my top 100 BJ songs.
I know it’s not a popular opinion. I don’t care. It’s one song that if it comes on the radio, I change the station. Certainly there are more interesting songs to discuss.

For example, Fingerprints at 282 and Who Would You Die For at 271. These tracks are vastly better than anything from WAN and The Circle.

Walk Like a Man at 288? That should have been the leading single of Lost Highway if they truly wanted the country audience.

294 All Hail the King, 260 Devil’s in the Temple, 247 Rollercoaster, 243 God Bless This Mess, 239 Living with the Ghost, 238 New Year’s Day, 204 This House Is Not for Sale.... ALL songs that are better than most of post 2000 releases and low ranking definitely shows a bias against post-Sambora material. I will never be convinced that Tony even gave BB or THINFS a true chance.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:01 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
I

294 All Hail the King, 260 Devil’s in the Temple, 247 Rollercoaster, 243 God Bless This Mess, 239 Living with the Ghost, 238 New Year’s Day, 204 This House Is Not for Sale.... ALL songs that are better than most of post 2000 releases and low ranking definitely shows a bias against post-Sambora material. I will never be convinced that Tony even gave BB or THINFS a true chance.
All Hail The King, God Bless This Mess, New Year's Day are pretty average. THINFS (the song) is one of their worst choices for the 1st single from an album along with WWBTF. Both are safe choises, but incredibly boring. These songs are probably the worst attempts from the guys to write another Its My Life. Even Everyday was a more decent attempt. I have to agree with Living With The Ghost and Rollercoaster though. They are the best songs from the album by a landslide.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:37 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
I know it’s not a popular opinion. I don’t care. It’s one song that if it comes on the radio, I change the station. Certainly there are more interesting songs to discuss.

For example, Fingerprints at 282 and Who Would You Die For at 271. These tracks are vastly better than anything from WAN and The Circle.

Walk Like a Man at 288? That should have been the leading single of Lost Highway if they truly wanted the country audience.

Your bias

Tony has put a lot of solo songs by Jon, including the Power Station era, and I do not see that THINFS makes a difference with respect to the previous thing, it's more of the same but without Sambora in the guitar and composition, it's a little worse.

I would be curious to see your scores.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 04-25-2018 at 09:33 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 08:45 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:

Plenty of us gave BB and THINFS a chance and wanted it to be great. Some of its good, just not compared to their earlier material. I'll agree with Dave though, Rollercoaster and LWTG deserve to be higher, but again some of Jon's solo stuff should be a lot lower.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...