Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

JBJ has had vocal Surgery

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-22-2024, 10:33 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Jon is 62, not 45 to 51. He had Major vocal surgery and has a documentary coming out saying "Thank You, Goodnight" and you are all hoping for a world tour like in 2011... HAHAHHAHAHAHA
No one is hoping for that, those days are long gone. But Jon should stick to his promise of "If I can't be great, I'm out" - I don't see the point of another tour with 2019 standards, but suddenly lots of people seem ok with that. 2019 wasn't great, far from it, so if that's the best he's going to be able to do then by his own standards he should be out...

Old 02-22-2024, 11:44 AM
Jovi FANatic

Come on, guys. Even the 2015 asian mini tour had AWFUL vocals. I still can't get over how bad he sounded back then. He ruined a tour that should be interesting with two cool new guitarists.
Old 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielC View Post
Come on, guys. Even the 2015 asian mini tour had AWFUL vocals. I still can't get over how bad he sounded back then. He ruined a tour that should be interesting with two cool new guitarists.
Yes! 100% All opinion of course but I could never understand the love for Jons vocals in these shows - Car crash for me!
Old 02-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Breakout

Yep, 2015 was awful. 2013 was ok up to some points but went downhill quickly. IMO there hasn't been a single decent performance ever since. São Paulo 2017 was a good concert but definitely not because of the vocals, but the energy, delivery and passion.

I don't believe in a 2011 comeback. Early 2013 voice would be good enough and even that is a stretch. And frankly I don't believe the "If I can't be great, I'm out". As much as I like JBJ, I know we can't trust everything he says.

I'm guessing he'll stay somewhere between 2015-2022 vocals, but without the usual timing/rhythm issues that have been plaguing him for years. That may be passable but I don't know if he'd last through a world tour.

I'd LOVE to be proved wrong though.
Old 02-22-2024, 02:27 PM
Jovi Addict

That 2015 tour was reeeeally awful to see. "Always" in Seoul was rock-bottom to me. Sad to hear, sad to remember.

2022 had same vibes.
Old 02-23-2024, 04:42 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litneg View Post
That 2015 tour was reeeeally awful to see. "Always" in Seoul was rock-bottom to me. Sad to hear, sad to remember.

2022 had same vibes.

IMO Rock in Rio 2019 is the most heartbreaking performance ever. It starts bad, and from 03:30 onwards is just brutal. I remember watching this live and when he said “help me” I just lost it. The pain is so visible in his voice and face, the whole thing is very sad.

https://youtu.be/od6nslOvLn8?si=K9iT41QXEOTLDgOf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Dry County

Have we really forgotten how much better 2017-18 still was than even 2019, let alone ’22? Jon was hitting + holding some tough notes better than in at least 4 years and even his timing was better alongside the pitch control.

https://youtu.be/-3Zc0OlVb9w?feature=shared

Show me even a single performance of a song post-2018 where Jon a) manages to stay on key most of the time and b) doesn’t drag massively behind the beat - right, there aren’t any, so perhaps people will finally admit he was indeed still way better 6-7 years ago than ever since then, and to compare this kind of a situation where he was struggling but still had a functioning voice, to one where he could no longer even speak properly, is just silly.

Last edited by BJFan99; 02-23-2024 at 12:50 PM..
Old 02-23-2024, 01:36 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Gabriel Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
While 2022 was the the absolute end of his voice, it was pretty unlistenable from 2017 onwards. I remember the backlash about his voice from a lot of people that atteneded the last UK shows in 2019, not just from people here. He shouldn't have really been touring then in my opinion.

I think they did just enough to make some money for the corporation and to test Jon's voice out on it's first live run for a couple of years, which it ultimately failed and forced his had to get the operation. I think those reasons were the sole purpose of that tour.
I attended to one of the Brazil shows.

Guys, he couldn't sing.

It was ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post

Jon Bon Jovi should've realized after the Asian tour in 2015 that his vocals had taken a serious hit. Instead, 3 years later he went on a massive world tour supporting an album no one cared for as some shady vanity project to prove himself that he still had it despite Richie's abscence.
I care.

It's actually my second favorite Bon Jovi album.

Well done, little buddy.

Last edited by Gabriel Shoes; 02-23-2024 at 01:39 PM..
Old 02-23-2024, 01:45 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Have we really forgotten how much better 2017-18 still was than even 2019, let alone ’22? Jon was hitting + holding some tough notes better than in at least 4 years and even his timing was better alongside the pitch control.

https://youtu.be/-3Zc0OlVb9w?feature=shared

Show me even a single performance of a song post-2018 where Jon a) manages to stay on key most of the time and b) doesn’t drag massively behind the beat - right, there aren’t any, so perhaps people will finally admit he was indeed still way better 6-7 years ago than ever since then, and to compare this kind of a situation where he was struggling but still had a functioning voice, to one where he could no longer even speak properly, is just silly.
Lowering your standards, he still sounds like shit here.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:51 PM
Posting everyday

Agreed. But some have developed an obsession with these below-standard performances. Like people watching videos of car accidents. Also immensely popular
Shouting up to and then holding a high note isn't what singing is about for me. I can do that but it still sounds like shit. So I'm not a singer.
In the mid-2000s, his upper range was wrecked but he still had a pleasant sound and could carry a melody, intonate a song. Ever since he lost that, it's become unbearable to me.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk