Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Christmas Isn't Christmas

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 12-27-2023, 12:46 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Typical scars for surgery either on the thyroid or due to a herniac disc in the upper spine. Too big for vocal surgery.

Or it could be carotid artery surgery. The scar would roughly be in the same area.
Of course, don’t get me wrong, I don’t think JB’s got any problems with his major arteries, not at this age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-31-2023, 10:49 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Gabriel Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
I also remember him throwing out the harmonica during American reckoning because he was having troat trouble and getting out air was getting difficult! HAND was the last straw and he quickly talked to the crew from his mic. The beginning line of prayer shows how destroyed his voice was by that point that night.

https://youtu.be/a28OTdAJVk4?si=6_RkSuwZucChRXz8

Weird they would scour YouTube to have some of those videos deleted but one where it CLEARLY shows he's miming to a tape doesn't??!!
Nothing new here, in Curtiba 2019 he was already miming.

Well done, little buddy.
Old 12-31-2023, 11:15 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Gabriel Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
It's low budget...but it's also a Christmas video and not the first single. However their prior Christmas songs have been quality so I can't accept it as an excuse but I can be forgiving.

I felt like it was filmed with an IPhone and a bunch of local non-actors. The hair and makeup looked terrible. Jon looked even older than he usually does, everyone else in the video looked like they came out of a tanning salon in the middle of December.

You can totally tell there were 3 cuts... Jon, The Band, and The Actors. None of it looks like it was actually filmed together.

So I guess The Story Of Love is the new "Jon Benchmark" for critique... Jon's melancholy story telling vibe is the new thing. Maybe it's always been there. We Ain't Strangers Anymore just popped into my head.

I'll jump on the bandwagon and agree that Tico is the coolest part of the video

Overall - Great to see a song out and the band together again after 40 years.

Off Topic: Rollover Coaster defaulted to the next auto-play video and Jon looks like he's 25 years old in comparison.
That melancholy... nothing beats These Arms Are Open All Night. The record that Jon was supposed to release after Destination Anywhere, and it even had a preview party from the fan club, would all follow that.

If I remember correctly, the only two songs with a more positive beat was "Older" (pre Just Older) and Life's Too Short For Days Like These.

Well done, little buddy.
Old 12-31-2023, 03:23 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes View Post
That melancholy... nothing beats These Arms Are Open All Night. The record that Jon was supposed to release after Destination Anywhere, and it even had a preview party from the fan club, would all follow that.

If I remember correctly, the only two songs with a more positive beat was "Older" (pre Just Older) and Life's Too Short For Days Like These.
I don't think Life's Too Short made the cut when it came time for Sex Sells, at least it wasn't previewed for the fan club event. Gimme Some was hella upbeat too.

1. Just Older
2. Hush
3. Save the World
4. Shadow Dancing
5. Good Ain't Good Enough
6. Stay
7. Real Life
8. I Got the Girl
9. You Can't Lose at Love
10 .Gimme Some

Crazy Love was pulled at the last second but was supposed to be on there.
Old 12-31-2023, 03:43 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I don't think Life's Too Short made the cut when it came time for Sex Sells, at least it wasn't previewed for the fan club event. Gimme Some was hella upbeat too.

1. Just Older
2. Hush
3. Save the World
4. Shadow Dancing
6. Stay
7. Real Life
8. I Got the Girl
10 .Gimme Some

Rich Man Living In A Poor Man's House was on the tracklist at that premiere too (behind Save The World), it just happened to be missing from one of the two recordings exisiting of that night:

I wouldn't mind listening to these songs on a new Box Set, but as an album on its own, I still stand by it would've been too generic and weak.
Old 12-31-2023, 05:35 PM
This Post Feels Right

Oh cool!

Yeah, if this was a JBJ album with the more band-centric songs becoming Crush I would have been very happy with that but I also might not be a fan today had that happened.
Old 12-31-2023, 05:42 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:

1. Just Older
2. Hush
3. Save the World
4. Shadow Dancing
6. Stay
7. Real Life
8. I Got the Girl
10 .Gimme Some

Was Sex Sells supposed to be a band record or a solo record ? I always thought it would have been a Bon Jovi album.

Old 12-31-2023, 05:47 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post
Was Sex Sells supposed to be a band record or a solo record ? I always thought it would have been a Bon Jovi album.

At the point of that JBJ Fan Club listening party, it was supposed to be his third solo album. It later on morphed into a band album with the title originally having been carried over as well as a few tracks like Older having been reworked into band songs. That's one of the reasons Crush ended up as a mashup of everything and nothing
Old 12-31-2023, 06:16 PM
This Post Feels Right

Yeah, it's still.....so....wild Sex Sells was going to be the title track of TWO incarnations of this album and didn't make it as a b-side nor boxset track.

Did he say in an interview his solo album was going to be called SS? Always felt fishy it didn't make the cut but was going to be the album title.
Old 01-02-2024, 09:18 PM
Runaway

Quote:

1. Just Older
2. Hush
3. Save the World
4. Shadow Dancing
6. Stay
7. Real Life
8. I Got the Girl
10 .Gimme Some

Hell of a list. Love all of them. Would’ve loved a 3rd solo album. When would it have been released? 98 or 99?

Tags
christmas isn't christmas