Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

New Bon Jovi Album: This House Is Not For Sale (2016)

New Bon Jovi Releases

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceBJ View Post
Ok, seems like a good source. But it's strange that they are back with UMG. Never expected that. Maybe that's why it took longer, although my expectations are going down because they may changed some songs. I thought this album was also inspired with the break from UMG and the album title makes less sense to me then.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I agree with you about the title. But at the same time I think they never announced officially the title of the album so they have all rights to change it to something else Though if it's all true i wouldn't be that excited anymore. Don't want another WAN with meaningless lyrics.
Let's hope it's just a rumour.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:18 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by newikov View Post
Guys, sorry for intruding myself into your conversation but there are some news from Jon
  • The album is being mixed up and will be released in Fall
  • A tour will follow early 2017
  • Band is back to Mercury/Island Records -> "they "sobered up" and he's "back home"

So again with his old company. I thought, a man of few principles... but money is everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newikov View Post
I agree with you about the title. But at the same time I think they never announced officially the title of the album so they have all rights to change it to something else Though if it's all true i wouldn't be that excited anymore. Don't want another WAN with meaningless lyrics.
Let's hope it's just a rumour.

Sure, he would call 'This House Has Been Sold'.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-20-2016 at 11:25 AM..
Old 03-20-2016, 11:38 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
So again with his old company. I thought, a man of few principles... but money is everything.

PRINCIPLES? JON BON JOVI?

It is a joke....Principles or integrity do not work with business. Jon lost his last bit of integrity.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:33 PM
Price of posting

The only good thing about all this is that they not have no problem in releasing compilations of the vault in the future.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:42 PM
The Distance

Quote:
The only good thing about all this is that they not have no problem in releasing compilations of the vault in the future.
Good Point!!! Hopefully they'll sign an X album in X years contract...
Old 03-20-2016, 02:21 PM
These Days

Quote:
I don't agree that this demonstrates a lack of principles. A change of mind, perhaps? A re-negotiation?

Things happen! Disagreements occur, tempers flare, things cool off, apologies are made, and people rethink their positions and work things out. The really smart ones go for the win-win. And I'm sure both Jon and the ppl at UMG are smart or none of them would have enjoyed the successes they have had.

None of that means that Jon wasn't sincere when he wrote Burning Bridges. And it doesn't mean that This House Is Not for Sale has to change as a result, either. We don't know what the content of the songs was up to now OR if it will have changed by the time the album is released.

The main problem I see with the opinions on this board is ppl deciding that they KNOW what Jon is thinking based on what THEY think or how THEY would react in a given situation. Then, when it turns out that he was thinking something different or reacted differently, probably because he knows more about the situation than they do, they think he lied.

Burning Bridges (the song) leaves little doubt in my mind that Jon was pissed off when he wrote and recorded it. (See "tempers flare" above.)

That doesn't mean that he can't see things differently after he cools off, or that legitimate compromises can't be made, without a loss of integrity on either side.

If Jon refused to have anything to do with UMG ever again because they pissed him off, it wouldn't be a sign of integrity. It would only point to immaturity and stupidity and stubborness, which would benefit no one.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:56 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
I don't agree that this demonstrates a lack of principles. A change of mind, perhaps? A re-negotiation?

Things happen! Disagreements occur, tempers flare, things cool off, apologies are made, and people rethink their positions and work things out. The really smart ones go for the win-win. And I'm sure both Jon and the ppl at UMG are smart or none of them would have enjoyed the successes they have had.

None of that means that Jon wasn't sincere when he wrote Burning Bridges. And it doesn't mean that This House Is Not for Sale has to change as a result, either. We don't know what the content of the songs was up to now OR if it will have changed by the time the album is released.

The main problem I see with the opinions on this board is ppl deciding that they KNOW what Jon is thinking based on what THEY think or how THEY would react in a given situation. Then, when it turns out that he was thinking something different or reacted differently, probably because he knows more about the situation than they do, they think he lied.

Burning Bridges (the song) leaves little doubt in my mind that Jon was pissed off when he wrote and recorded it. (See "tempers flare" above.)

That doesn't mean that he can't see things differently after he cools off, or that legitimate compromises can't be made, without a loss of integrity on either side.

If Jon refused to have anything to do with UMG ever again because they pissed him off, it wouldn't be a sign of integrity. It would only point to immaturity and stupidity and stubborness, which would benefit no one.
Best post I've read regarding this change and I agree 100%... It's a simple business renegotiation...

Album sales and hit singles are a thing of the past for Bon Jovi but its the complete opposite when it comes to touring...

Who knows what deal Jon struck up. I'm sure an album without Richie was a factor. I'm sure touring and concert merchandising is part of it. What I find interesting is, if Jon made this album without a record company, who actually funded it?

They should sell enough albums and i-tune singles to at least break even.

Maybe Jon saw a small glimpse of reality with Burning Bridges and decided to take whatever offer they presented... Does anyone know the World Wide BB sales?
Old 03-20-2016, 03:19 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post

Excellent post.

It seems to me that UMG realized they were stupid to let Jon go and Jon held out for what he wanted until they compromised and he got it (or at least enough to make him sign on the dotted line).

"Stick to Your Guns"
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."

There's nothing LACKING in integrity or what's Jon's been saying for 30 years in this at all and it's typical of Jon to want to be with what he knows, to want to be at "home."

It's a win-win.

As far as the sales of Burning Bridges, I think they're completely irrelevant because neither the band nor the record company did a thing to truly promote it. It can't be judged against an album like What About Now or Lost Highway where there was true promotion.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:47 PM
Born to be my Baby

If BB were an indication, Jon maybe asking for greater artistic freedom (well, YMMY) which the label apparently denied him for the past 15 years or so, and giving him exactly that could be the compromise that led Jon back into the UMG fold.

But then, until actually we hear something from the album some 6-7 months from now, we won't know.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Born to be my Baby

Oh my God... it's not exactly what i thought but it's pretty close. I was thinking why are they still recording parts in March 2016 when Jon said in 2015 that the album is pretty much done they just need to add some things here and there. I thought that their new record company didn't like the album and they are adding new songs that are the same old bs tracks but I guess the new record company is the same old same old.

The only reason I care that their back with their old record company is that there is a possibility now that they'll remove some good tracks that we'll probably never get to hear. If they do leave some songs they've written before rejoining the record company I really hope that they'll release them as b-sides or as bonus tracks.
Closed Thread