Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 04-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli View Post
Can you please tell what song DSL is? I really have no ideea.
I guess refers to Dirty Little Secret.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via MSN to groover22

Quote:
Can you please tell what song DSL is? I really have no ideea.
Dirty Little Secret
Old 06-21-2015, 04:17 PM
Jovi Addict

So are these "special projects" dead in the water?
Old 06-21-2015, 04:36 PM
The Distance

Yes! It's been a year since the NJ releases and there has been no official word on the street for another so my best guess is to say that it's over. I think initially they were hoping for a push to increases the back catalog of album sales but we are in a world now where all it takes is one purchase for a million free downloads and rips...

Don't forget that they did release the 4 live vinyl tracks and the SWW Blue Ray release. And if you think about both of those releases, they both have something special about them. You can't really maximize their intended purpose from a download. A collectors item and premium sound.

Now with all that said, I'm sure we'll get something in future but my guess is not until this next album and tour is over. Especially if Jon signed an X album deal, then expect a bunch of stuff while he's on break.

Another thing that might have impacted all this was Jon deciding to cut his long break short like Hugh stated. Maybe initially Jon was going to take a long break and the idea was to release a bunch of shit but once he said that he was writing another album, they decided to put everything on hold.

But in reality, no one really knows. They could have something out next week for all we know.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:48 PM
Born to be my Baby

I saw someone on youtube saying that the Sons Of Beaches demos we got on the NJ Deluxe release are different takes from the old ones that were stolen from the studio and shared as bootlegs. Is there any truth to this (except Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore)? On both versions of Judgement Day Jon says the same words during the guitar solo ''Oh yeah...incomprehensible...and now'', on Now And Forever right after the guitar solo, on both YT and Deluxe versions he pronounces "kings'' the same way, he doesn't pronounce the letter K so clearly like he does the other times he sings the chorus. On Wild is The Wind he pronounces ''wind'' the same way like he does on the deluxe edition, he sings Stick To Your Guns the same etc.

I find it hard to believe that on every single session the way he sang was identical to the previous recording.

Fill me in guys.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:33 PM
The Distance

Quote:
I saw someone on youtube saying that the Sons Of Beaches demos we got on the NJ Deluxe release are different takes from the old ones that were stolen from the studio and shared as bootlegs. Is there any truth to this (except Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore)? On both versions of Judgement Day Jon says the same words during the guitar solo ''Oh yeah...incomprehensible...and now'', on Now And Forever right after the guitar solo, on both YT and Deluxe versions he pronounces "kings'' the same way, he doesn't pronounce the letter K so clearly like he does the other times he sings the chorus. On Wild is The Wind he pronounces ''wind'' the same way like he does on the deluxe edition, he sings Stick To Your Guns the same etc.

I find it hard to believe that on every single session the way he sang was identical to the previous recording.

Fill me in guys.
One thing about Jon and Bon Jovi from back in the day, they were very consistent. There were even live versions of songs that I thought were the same which ended up being different.

I obtained these demos from a music convention back around '93 / '94ish and have been listening to them ever since. I could tell you from my ear, that they are exactly the same takes. Beside the few obvious like you stated, the bulk are the same takes.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:

Fill me in guys.
Most of them really seem to be the same. I don't think there are THAT many different takes which sound almost identical? Why would they have wasted time to re-record the exact same version over and over again? Even the Livin' On A Prayer demo that was included as a Hidden Track on the box set was the one we already had from the old session tapes.
There are always some wise-asses on YT - usually they claim to have rare demo recordings including Cadillac Man, sometimes they come over with bullshit like this
Old 09-11-2015, 09:18 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Most of them really seem to be the same. I don't think there are THAT many different takes which sound almost identical? Why would they have wasted time to re-record the exact same version over and over again? Even the Livin' On A Prayer demo that was included as a Hidden Track on the box set was the one we already had from the old session tapes.
There are always some wise-asses on YT - usually they claim to have rare demo recordings including Cadillac Man, sometimes they come over with bullshit like this
Livin' on a Prayer demo in what box set?
Old 09-11-2015, 09:22 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Hi!

I've got a technical question re. the Japanese Super Deluxe Edition of New Jersey.
Usually, the Japanese versions are in English with some additional materials in Japanese (booklet or additional paper on the cover). However, when you look at this picture:

Bon Jovi - New Jersey - Amazon.com Music Bon Jovi - New Jersey - Amazon.com Music
it looks like the cover itself is in Japanese.

Does anyone here saw the Japanese edition and could share some info how does it really look like (if it is in English with Japanesse additions or only in Japanese)?

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofrem View Post
Livin' on a Prayer demo in what box set?
100.000.000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong.
Bonus track at the end of CD4 after Nobody's Hero.

Tags
deluxe edition, new jersey (album)