Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 07-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slakk View Post
I am tired of his line "I feel sorry for the fans" if you really felts sorry for the fans you would be fulfilling your obligation.
This.

I can understand him being sick of the band, wanting to spend time with his daughter, wanting to be the next Karl Lagerfeld or whatever the reason is. But I can't understand him bailing in the middle of the tour. If you love your fans, show up for them. He should have bailed before or after the tour if things were so bad for him in the band. We still don't know what it is, but it doesn't matter.

I was really sad (depressed even) when we first found out he wouldn't be performing, and I miss him at shows, I really do; but now I've almost stopped caring. Would I love to see him on that stage again? Hell yes. Will I cry about it until that happens? Not anymore, no. I hope the truth comes out eventually, but the way things are looking right now, he doesn't want to be there... There's nothing we can do to change that.
2014: 07/03 Frank Turner @Ljubljana; 09/06 Queens of the Stone Age @Ljubljana; 16/06 The Rolling Stones @Vienna; 20/06 Richie Sambora @Munich; 22/06 Pearl Jam @Trieste; 25/06 Aerosmith @Milan; 18/07 Pivo in cvetje festival @Laško; 02/08 Joss Stone @Ljubljana; 11/09 The Dublin Legends @Ljubljana; 09/11 The Gaslight Anthem @Zagreb
Old 07-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessycardy View Post
Hey, everybody, I'm back... I was gone for a few days for the show in Milan. Took me a while to catch up with the thread, but I made it!
I gotta tell you, this was painful. The new chapter to this epic cluster**** happened right while we were losing our heads over waiting lines just a few hours before the show in Milan started. Watching the RumorFix video on my friend's iPhone was quite the task, given the crappy audio.
I'm home and I finally got to understand everything that he said.

We now know that Richie's personal problem somehow is related to the band. It was quite obvious already, but now it's official.
Also, just as I thought, we know that Richie's intention to come back for the Hyde Park show (wasn't it July 5th, by the way?) was made-up bullshit, he says it's untrue.
We know that right now he's in Europe with his daughter and ex-wife and will be for a while.
He also seems to be wanting to return sometime during this tour. I think after summer could be a reasonable time.
He says he will be back, he seems pretty definite about it. I believe his consequent tweet where he says nothing is happening at the moment and those were just his hopes should be read as a way to set the record straight for those who were already throwing out big headlines about Richie coming back in September.

I do think Nikki cutting in during his interview speaks volumes and that "we" shouldn't be a word she uses when talking about Bon Jovi, or actually she shouldn't be talking about Bon Jovi at all. What the ****?!?

It's weird seeing him so passionate about this fashion thing, it's unsettling even. And not because I expect him to stay at home staring at the ceiling, I do get it that he's gotta keep himself busy and that there's nothing wrong with that (we ruled out he's not on tour with Bon Jovi for reasons that are not health-related or such a long time ago already), but yeah, maybe a couple more guitar pictures and a couple less fashionable ones would have been less of a shock, if you know what I mean.

As for Richie's looks. Wow... He looks fine to me. I could be blind or not be an expert, but I don't see all these obvious symptoms that he's this big cocaine addict. I mean, that escalated quickly, from the bottle to the white stuff.
Jessy's back! Bringing the sensible view!

I'm a 7ft, overweight, fugly and with a mono-brow. Hello ladies....
Old 07-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieKTF View Post
He should have bailed before or after the tour if things were so bad for him in the band.
Others have said the same thing and I just don't get it. Why is it better to bail before the tour?

If he was torn (in a hypothetical world I'm creating) and thought "I'll give it a go and try to work it out" then surely he deserves respect for trying?
If he put the fans before his own happiness to even put the effort in, if it wasn't what he wanted?
Again, it's hypothetical. But I just don't get how one thing is better than the other in terms of when to bail right and wrongs....

Old 07-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slakk View Post
I am tired of his line "I feel sorry for the fans" if you really felts sorry for the fans you would be fulfilling your obligation and not running around making clothes no one will wear, vacationing with your daughter and feeling ****ing great.

He looks to be on something to me.
Agree with you 100% I'm tired of he's saying I feel bad for the fans..
Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease View Post
Others have said the same thing and I just don't get it. Why is it better to bail before the tour?

If he was torn (in a hypothetical world I'm creating) and thought "I'll give it a go and try to work it out" then surely he deserves respect for trying?
If he put the fans before his own happiness to even put the effort in, if it wasn't what he wanted?
Again, it's hypothetical. But I just don't get how one thing is better than the other in terms of when to bail right and wrongs....
Because he was a no show. People bought a ticket to see the whole band. If you purchase a happy meal, you expect to get all it includes. Handing you a burger and drink and saying sorry we are out of fries after you paid doesn't cut it. If you knew ahead of time they were out of fries you would have ordered differently and not expected fries in your bag.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora View Post
Agree with you 100% I'm tired of he's saying I feel bad for the fans..
Me too. Sounds like his way of saying he blames Jon for not caving on whatever the dispute is.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via ICQ to jessycardy Send a message via MSN to jessycardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger11 View Post
Would this be the first time with no shows in Japan or the rest of Asia?
It would be a big pain for me to find it, but I'm pretty sure there was a tweet from Matt from a while ago where he said Japan dates will eventually be announced. That doesn't change the fact the Australia dates could finish the tour, as the Japan dates would likely happen in November, before the Australia ones. The tour should finish just in time for the Christmas holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease View Post

I believe the reason is because people kinda feel like their hot crush stood up their big, third-base date without a valid explanation and then they found out the crush was out and about doing their thing and looking carefree.
That's honestly what I don't get. I'm pretty sure he DOES care (who wouldn't really?!?) and I imagine he's also quite upset about this whole thing (letting down the fans, the band, the gutter press talking trash, his reputation, etc.), no matter how tired he might be of the band or how much he wants to spend time with his daughter. He's gotta know he looks bad from an outside, surely distorted and incomplete perspective. He probably decided he doesn't care about how bad he looks and just wants to be happy and/or needs this matter, whatever it is, to be resolved at all costs.
night after night after night after night"

Bon Jovi - Dry County
Old 07-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieKTF View Post

I was really sad (depressed even) when we first found out he wouldn't be performing, and I miss him at shows, I really do; but now I've almost stopped caring. Would I love to see him on that stage again? Hell yes. Will I cry about it until that happens? Not anymore, no. I hope the truth comes out eventually, but the way things are looking right now, he doesn't want to be there... There's nothing we can do to change that.
I was crying all day the day we found out he wouldnt be on tour and I thought about not going to their show in madrid.. Now I'm really happy I've been there with Jon, David and Tico who show me they're truly professionals.. Now I really don't care if Richie is coming back in September or in October.. And I'm the first one i want to see him again onstage but if he doesn't care.. I don't care anymore
Old 07-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
Because he was a no show. People bought a ticket to see the whole band. If you purchase a happy meal, you expect to get all it includes. Handing you a burger and drink and saying sorry we are out of fries after you paid doesn't cut it. If you knew ahead of time they were out of fries you would have ordered differently and not expected fries in your bag.
Put yourself in his shoes.

You have a big issue - something that in 30 years is the biggest issue in your "family".

You consider it big enough to walk away from.

Do you stay?

It's utterly selfish to think a fan that's paid for a ticket (even if it's hotels and travel too) should be more important than making yourself happy over the best part of a year! He's spent his life neglecting family and friends for the sake of a rock n roll band. Personally, I think he's given more than enough over three decades to keep any fan happy.

I know what it's like as a small-fry guitarist playing 3 shows a week. I've just got home and haven't seen my girlfriend for days. That's DAYS. Not weeks or months.

Cut the guy some slack, stop putting your one night of musical enjoyment first, and think of the bigger picture.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
Me too. Sounds like his way of saying he blames Jon for not caving on whatever the dispute is.
Yeah and sorry but in my opinion Jon's being more professional than Richie right now... Jon and the rest of the guys are doing their job and maybe they have personal issues too but they don't quit a world tour.. Richie is out of the tour because he can Lol meanwhile he's doing his life not like the last time he was in rehab, so.. He could be doing his job not reasons for me to be doing everything but not what fans have paid for

Last edited by PatriciaSambora; 07-01-2013 at 07:09 PM..