Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Motley Crue's STILL dissing Bon Jovi -- Give it a rest, guys!

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-04-2014, 06:06 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Cliff notes.

-The Heroin Diaries takes place in the 80s, so I doubt it covers stuff happening after Dr Feelgood. Never read it myself, though. I only read The Dirt, and that's full of bullshit. (Flying knives, yeah, right)

-Nikki hasn't written a song on his own in decades. Life Is Beautiful had two co-writers, one of them a professional songwriter. Also, Mötley's lyrics for the past 25 years have been garbage. And none of this makes him a good bass player.

-You're out of your mind if you think Def Leppard had "limited success". Hysteria is one of the most popular rock records EVER. Also, it took Nikki a VH1 show to rekindle the interest in his band. And Live Nation.

-And it's nice that you read a book for a change. It's just that I've heard a ton of stories from people that were around the scene back then, and who have no reason to bullshit (unlike Nikki, who is constantly promoting himself), and they called bullshit on a ton of the stories. But hey, who would NOT keep a diary when all they had on their mind was heroin? Who would NOT rush to the answering machine to leave a cool message like "I'm not here because I'm dead" after they OD'ed?
I like this post. It being in English and all of that.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Old 09-06-2014, 05:08 AM
Something for the Posts

Motley Crue Bassist Nikki Sixx Undergoes Double Hernia Surgery
Quote:
Nikki Sixx went under the knife...Sept. 3 for a double hernia surgery...(H)e has been in severe pain over the past few months during Motley Crue’s recent tour but played through it for the fans.

A break in the band’s touring schedule gave Sixx time to have the procedure, which went well. The rocker, who also plays in Sixx: AM, (states he) is recovering nicely:
“I have been performing during the last few months with a pretty intense double hernia but you gotta give 100% even through the pain onstage. The good news is yesterday I got surgery on both sides and it went really really well...I should be up and kicking ass in a few weeks and back in the gym/tour in 6 weeks. Looking forward to seeing you all back out on the road...

PS. Holy Jesus, it feels like I got kicked in the stomach by a horse. They gave me some pain meds but I am trying to not take them and luckily (my wife) Courtney Bingham-Sixx looks pretty hot in her nurse outfit…”

Motley Crue’s farewell tour resumes in Oklahoma City, Okla. on Oct. 10...Sixx: A.M. will release their new album ‘Modern Vintage’ on Oct. 7 through Eleven Seven Music...
Severe abdominal pains? In early September? A third wife half his age? Back on the job around October 11? Am I the only one having a deja-vu attack?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-06-2014 at 07:24 AM..
Old 09-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I love Motley and just saw them a few days ago. The band is tight but Vince's vocals are worse than Jon's. Nikki is the man! Tommy is annoying. Vince is a diva. Mick is just cool.

Yea, Dr. Feelgood is your typical 80's Bob Rock album but the prior albums are really good too. Especially the first two.

A band like Motley making fun of a band like Bon Jovi is just pointless. That's like The Stone Temple Pilots making fun of Pearl Jam.

I just think they personally hate JBJ due to his business ethic from back in day plus the fact that Doc just favored them aka Moscow Music Peace Festival.
Yeah , im with you ..... Nikki is the only real talent in motley . Ive seen them 3 times and loved it but its just a theatrical gimic show like kiss and alice cooper .
Old 09-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Keep the Faith

Well, who gives a damn if they diss Bon Jovi or not...
It's part of their show. During The More Things Change Jon did the same with Madonna and Lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber. And if I'd take some time and think about it I'd probably get some more examples in mind where Jon said something about other stars just to get some easy laughs. That's showbusiness.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:56 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Well, who gives a damn if they diss Bon Jovi or not...
It's part of their show. During The More Things Change Jon did the same with Madonna and Lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber. And if I'd take some time and think about it I'd probably get some more examples in mind where Jon said something about other stars just to get some easy laughs. That's showbusiness.
I don't think it's about people giving a damn. It's more about the joke becoming old already. A hair band from the 80's with a pretty boy lead singer dissing another hair band from the 80's with a pretty boy lead singer. Really?

It comes down to Nikki thinking that Motley is a harder band because they O.D.ed on drugs / heroin and got into fights, etc..where Jon had more of that squeaky clean image. I guess Richie's problems don't count.... In 1989 that was considered cool but now it's just stupid and time to move on.

Image wise, Motley does have somewhat of a biker type of following where Bon Jovi has the JBJ Fanclub group... But music wise, it's the same thing however, Bon Jovi music is better. Besides "I'll Be There For You" being better what is the difference between that and "Without You"? Same shit!

I think it makes Nikki feel good when they boo Bon Jovi. It make him feel that they are in a different category... Not realizing that 90% of the people there would attend a Bon Jovi show.

Nikki has always been in competition with Bon Jovi about being the better 80's band. He has deep scars but he lost and it's time to move on.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Keep the Faith

I'll stay with my post: I don't give a damn, because like you said: It's an old joke
Old 09-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Cliff notes.

-The Heroin Diaries takes place in the 80s, so I doubt it covers stuff happening after Dr Feelgood. Never read it myself, though. I only read The Dirt, and that's full of bullshit. (Flying knives, yeah, right)

-Nikki hasn't written a song on his own in decades. Life Is Beautiful had two co-writers, one of them a professional songwriter. Also, Mötley's lyrics for the past 25 years have been garbage. And none of this makes him a good bass player.

-You're out of your mind if you think Def Leppard had "limited success". Hysteria is one of the most popular rock records EVER. Also, it took Nikki a VH1 show to rekindle the interest in his band. And Live Nation.

-And it's nice that you read a book for a change. It's just that I've heard a ton of stories from people that were around the scene back then, and who have no reason to bullshit (unlike Nikki, who is constantly promoting himself), and they called bullshit on a ton of the stories. But hey, who would NOT keep a diary when all they had on their mind was heroin? Who would NOT rush to the answering machine to leave a cool message like "I'm not here because I'm dead" after they OD'ed?
The irony of someone from not the USA who wasn't even born when Nikki Sixx od'd calling bullshit on it cos his mates told him it was. And as for songwriting,has JBJ really written everything on his own? He's got sole credits for Dry County but do we really believe he came up with the solo part to that?
87 Donington
88 Birminham Nec x 3
89 MK Bowl
89 Birmingham Nec x 3
93 Birmingham Nec x 2
93 MK Bowl
95 Sheffield Don Valley
96 Manchester Maine Rd.
2000 Stoke Brittania
2001 MK Bowl
2006 Manchester/MK Bowl x 2
2008 Manchester/Twickenham x 2
2011 Manchester Old Trafford
2013 Villa Park
Old 09-11-2014, 12:25 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj28 View Post
The irony of someone from not the USA who wasn't even born when Nikki Sixx od'd calling bullshit on it cos his mates told him it was. And as for songwriting,has JBJ really written everything on his own? He's got sole credits for Dry County but do we really believe he came up with the solo part to that?
It wasn't my mates. There's other ways to learn about things than just via friends.

Also, I don't see what JBJ has to do with Nikki's writing.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
It wasn't my mates. There's other ways to learn about things than just via friends.

Also, I don't see what JBJ has to do with Nikki's writing.
So you heard it on the grapevine then....

Not sure what made you type something about Nikki Sixx not writing songs on his own either...was there a point to that argument then?
87 Donington
88 Birminham Nec x 3
89 MK Bowl
89 Birmingham Nec x 3
93 Birmingham Nec x 2
93 MK Bowl
95 Sheffield Don Valley
96 Manchester Maine Rd.
2000 Stoke Brittania
2001 MK Bowl
2006 Manchester/MK Bowl x 2
2008 Manchester/Twickenham x 2
2011 Manchester Old Trafford
2013 Villa Park
Old 09-11-2014, 01:01 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj28 View Post
Not sure what made you type something about Nikki Sixx not writing songs on his own either...
You mean other than the fact that this thread is about his band, and that there are credited co-writers on all the songs?