Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 04-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa71 View Post
There is really no excuse for what he has done. To not come back and to say FU to his fans while Jon, David, Tico, Hugh and Bobby can all do the shows. All of them can give 100%. Then to top it off and post a tweet about his video contest on the night of a livestream, when he had these weeks to watch the videos and glad he is having fun while his fans are missing him and wondering when he is coming back.
None of us know why Richie has done this but he is obviously not the kind of guy to say FU to his fans. Whatever the reason, it is not just cause he didn’t feel like it.

Whilst we are speculating I do wonder whether some people ever look at anything but Jon’s ass.

Try checking out some of the faces he pulls at the other band members the second they make the slightest mistake. For example (and im sure we could start an entire new thread on the topic) Hull 2006, Jon was a total arse all night long, if Tico had laid him out that night I wouldn’t have blamed him. What about the other week when Jon totally humiliated Dave into doing the intro to Old Time Rock n Roll over and over until he abandoned it altogether. I’ve seen him throw Richie plenty of stink eyes over the years. The fuss Jon caused when Richie’s amp blew out in London was ridiculous, like Richie had done it on purpose.

Maybe he just got sick of working for the CEO of a major corporation, and the tension and atmosphere Jon seems to enjoy creating…

That could all be BS but if I was Richie there has been plenty of times I would have at least flipped the finger at Jon.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSROCKS View Post
All of that hate is based on someone else's speculation. You have no better idea than anyone else why he is not on tour, so let's save the Richie is satan thing until he comes out and says, "**** you Lisa. I just wanted to hang out with my family".

I'm also waiting for a sorry from Jon for turning this band into a washed up, piece of shit. I'll probably get my apology right after you get your apology from Richie.
lol That apology from Jon is looooong overdue. Too bad he doesn't know he has a reason to apologize, because some fans have begun to accept mediocrity.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKatz View Post
lol That apology from Jon is looooong overdue. Too bad he doesn't know he has a reason to apologize, because some fans have begun to accept mediocrity.
I think I'm in love...
Old 04-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
Though he's right, that Norman guy in the interview only states that Richie is a member of the honorary board or something, not that he will be there, let alone perform. Just gotta listen closely, missed that on first listen myself

I agree that a more precise statement would help though...
Agreed... but my point was that Matt's reaction shows he doesn't actually know exactly when Richie is back; otherwise his reaction would have been more dismissive, rather than 'tell me more... '
Old 04-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Jovi Fan

ok, so what do we have until now?
a new tweet of Richie mentioning only his song contest
a new tweet of Phil X thanking the BJ fans once more
and I'm still wondering here;
Wouldn't Jon have thanked Phil properly last night if it was his last show?
plus.. wouldn't he have at least mentioned Richie?
so we wait to see what happens in SA and of course at 14th May in Sofia, the first European show.
mmm I have a feeling someone's gonna be absent again.. I wish I'm wrong here I miss Richie so much AND I wanna see him perform live again!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
ok, so what do we have until now?
a new tweet of Richie mentioning only his song contest
a new tweet of Phil X thanking the BJ fans once more
and I'm still wondering here;
Wouldn't Jon have thanked Phil properly last night if it was his last show?
plus.. wouldn't he have at least mentioned Richie?
so we wait to see what happens in SA and of course at 14th May in Sofia, the first European show.
mmm I have a feeling someone's gonna be absent again.. I wish I'm wrong here I miss Richie so much AND I wanna see him perform live again!
I'm thinking and hoping that the first time we see Richie will be on stage. Before hand, it might be a guessing game on when he will be back. It really does seem like the rest of the band don't know when he will be back and so that could be the reason why Jon didn't say anything at the show.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

What an epic thread...has taken me over a week between working afternoon shifts and necessary sleep to read it all. Some very funny and also thought provoking comments and theories. Only thing I have to add is that there is always the possibility, despite having been good mates for 30 years, they have indeed grown apart. Happens all the time and often without one party have one iota of a clue why. Things change, people change - it's crap because they are in the midst of a tour, but I really don't think RS is going '"who cares what people think", perhaps more ''I care more what I think right now ahead of what everyone else thinks". If you reach a breaking point [and you can't always know where/when that'll be] then you reach it. Richie's *track record* in recent times lends itself to the idea/notion/speculation that a relapse is very plausible. And, as is the case with human nature, the absence of information will inevitably lead people to speculate on the what and the why.
I do sincerely hope that if this is a serious issue regarding JBJ and RS's friendship and working relationship, that they can come to some mutually accepted and agreeable scenario that will see the remaining dates of the tour proceed with Richie in tow...for the sake of those who have/who will part with their money to see and enjoy their fav. band.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjhand View Post
None of us know why Richie has done this but he is obviously not the kind of guy to say FU to his fans. Whatever the reason, it is not just cause he didn’t feel like it.

Whilst we are speculating I do wonder whether some people ever look at anything but Jon’s ass.

Try checking out some of the faces he pulls at the other band members the second they make the slightest mistake. For example (and im sure we could start an entire new thread on the topic) Hull 2006, Jon was a total arse all night long, if Tico had laid him out that night I wouldn’t have blamed him. What about the other week when Jon totally humiliated Dave into doing the intro to Old Time Rock n Roll over and over until he abandoned it altogether. I’ve seen him throw Richie plenty of stink eyes over the years. The fuss Jon caused when Richie’s amp blew out in London was ridiculous, like Richie had done it on purpose.

Maybe he just got sick of working for the CEO of a major corporation, and the tension and atmosphere Jon seems to enjoy creating…

That could all be BS but if I was Richie there has been plenty of times I would have at least flipped the finger at Jon.
This is interesting and I think most of us can say that we have seen some of the things Jon does on stage and in interviews and thought, ouch. The trouble is, it all depends on the dynamics of their friendships and/or their working relationships. Perhaps as friends those kinds of looks, slight put downs, or whatever else are acceptable. If my best mate was like that, at some point I would have accepted him as my best mate for who he is so could probably deal with it. But if you did it for example, ooo, I would tell my mom on your or something. So it depends, if they are the great friends they say they are then those little things are probably cool, but if they are more distant then it could be a problem.

The same goes for their working relationship. If that kind of thing is acceptable to them it is probably something they know about, deal with, or are not even bothered by. If it is a relatively new thing then it could cause issue.

In terms of the amp blowing out in London, I don't think Jon was pissed with Richie, I think he was pissed with the amp, or even whoever set it up. As he was talking to Richie it seemed like the anger wasn't at him, but for me he was just asking him questions while angry at something or someone else, which is still wrong as it is no ones fault really.

The press conference thing when he kind of interrupts when Richie talks is tense though. Richie looks uncomfortable after it. I have not watched it today, but if I remember he kind of shuffles in his seat, looks around excessively and starts doing something with his mouth. He certainly did not appear to like that.

The biggest problem I have with Jon is that he has become a caricature of himself. It is something all rockstars do, but usually it is the silly 60 year old grandfather spilling out of a club with coke on his nose and a 20 year old on his cock. With Jon he built the reputation as a hard worker, dedicated, driven and through the 1990s it is widely said that his vision carried the band through their most artistically fulfilling period. He seems to have now taken those traits that are worthy of complement and made them sole focus of his public persona until it has come to the point where he is arrogant and selfish at times. If he has secretly always been like that then great, but if it is something that has developed and is getting worse, then that could be pissing the band off too.

Last edited by semigoodlookin; 04-26-2013 at 03:08 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlookin View Post
The biggest problem I have with Jon is that he has become a caricature of himself. It is something all rockstars do, but usually it is the silly 60 year old grandfather spilling out of a club with coke on his nose and a 20 year old on his cock .
Who doesn't want to be that guy?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
The biggest problem I have with Jon is that he has become a caricature of himself. It is something all rockstars do, but usually it is the silly 60 year old grandfather spilling out of a club with coke on his nose and a 20 year old on his cock. With Jon he built the reputation as a hard worker, dedicated, driven and through the 1990s it is widely said that his vision carried the band through their most artistically fulfilling period. He seems to have now taken those traits that are worthy of complement and made them sole focus of his public persona until it has come to the point where he is arrogant and selfish at times. If he has secretly always been like that then great, but if it is something that has developed and is getting worse, then that could be pissing the band off too.
Yep...good way of putting it...since 2000 onwards, Jon has struck me as, how to put this in words...would make more sense if I was in front of you saying it....as someone who is trying to be uber cool and on top of his game to the point that is too obvious...cause if you are uber cool, you don't have to try so hard to convince people you are.